News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Add your eccentric food habits/tips/quirks here!

Started by navkat, October 29, 2008, 09:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on September 15, 2011, 06:25:17 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 15, 2011, 03:56:10 PM
I love how white people are super-into telling everyone about food they don't like or can't eat because the taste/texture/smell makes them feel sick.

Also how they are gluten and lactose intolerant and can't have certain vegetables because it makes them gassy

and how they are delicate fragile flowers who must be coddled and pampered like the jewels of the animal kingdom.

Fucking hell. This is not the "foods my picky white ass passes judgement on" thread.

And yes, I just called you white.

Pickiness falls under "habit" and "quirk."

Calling me white is also a statement of fact. Whatever.

I don't even believe in whiteness. It's a stupid term. However, it is useful shorthand for identifying people whose main problem is too much food.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 15, 2011, 06:35:12 PM
What Twid said. I also don't think there's a problem with having preferences or not liking something because of texture or similar.

Everybody has food they don't like. But IMO anyone who thinks it's cute to be a fucking princess about it ought to get shipped off to Somalia.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on September 15, 2011, 07:41:33 PM
I love how white people are super-into telling everyone about food they don't like or can't eat because the taste/texture/smell makes them feel sick.

Also how they are gluten and lactose intolerant and can't have certain vegetables because it makes them gassy

and how they are delicate fragile flowers who must be coddled and pampered like the jewels of the animal kingdom.

Fucking hell. This is not the "foods my picky white ass passes judgement on" thread.

I don't even believe in whiteness. It's a stupid term. However, it is useful shorthand for identifying people whose main problem is too much food.

At the moment I would like to have too much food. I've mostly been living off of ramen and instant potatoes the past week.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Luna

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on September 15, 2011, 07:43:39 PM

At the moment I would like to have too much food. I've mostly been living off of ramen and instant potatoes the past week.

Damn, dude, get yourself down here, I'll feed ya right.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Luna on September 15, 2011, 07:45:57 PM
Quote from: Nph. Twid. on September 15, 2011, 07:43:39 PM

Damn, dude, get yourself down here, I'll feed ya right.

It's mostly due to the move. A combo of not having located a proper grocery store (I should ask LMNO) and the knowledge that there is a mouse here. I imagine that i'll be eating proper again soon.

Juana

I think it was RWHN who mentioned something his grandmother told him would ward off mice, which worked quite well when he had mice in his office. Peppermint, I think? You ought to ask him.

Quote from: Nigel on September 15, 2011, 07:42:48 PM
What Twid said. I also don't think there's a problem with having preferences or not liking something because of texture or similar.

Everybody has food they don't like. But IMO anyone who thinks it's cute to be a fucking princess about it ought to get shipped off to Somalia.
Admittedly, I have access to any kind of food I want, so I can afford to be picky. I try not to be a princess about it, though. I don't force other people to accommodate me or the like because it's inconsiderate and rude.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 15, 2011, 08:01:24 PM
I think it was RWHN who mentioned something his grandmother told him would ward off mice, which worked quite well when he had mice in his office. Peppermint, I think? You ought to ask him.

Admittedly, I have access to any kind of food I want, so I can afford to be picky. I try not to be a princess about it, though. I don't force other people to accommodate me or the like because it's inconsiderate and rude.

Bingo!

Nephew Twiddleton

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on September 15, 2011, 08:04:36 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 15, 2011, 08:01:24 PM

Bingo!

The only accommodation I ask for is warn me if there are mushrooms.  Allergies are no fun, and hours of wishing I could :vom: and get it over with suck.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Juana

Allergies are a whole different thing than pickiness, so I hardly think that's asking for much.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 15, 2011, 08:29:33 PM
Allergies are a whole different thing than pickiness, so I hardly think that's asking for much.

I dunno. I mean, when you really get down to it, what's the difference between a person with an allergy and a diabetic not wanting to eat sugar cause they can't be arsed to produce their own insuline and like to shoot up in front of young impressionable children?

I think Luna needs to realize what possible message she's sending, here.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Luna

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 15, 2011, 08:43:09 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 15, 2011, 08:29:33 PM

I dunno. I mean, when you really get down to it, what's the difference between a person with an allergy and a diabetic not wanting to eat sugar cause they can't be arsed to produce their own insuline and like to shoot up in front of young impressionable children?

I think Luna needs to realize what possible message she's sending, here.

Easy.  "Warn me, oe I will puke on your spouse/pets/children/rug/stash."

Suu

I'm allergic to shellfish, and Dok had to pull clam chowder out of my hands. 

I'm lactose intolerant, and I will occasionally eat ice cream to "regulate" things.

I'm beef intolerant, but I tend to stay away from that, because I don't like rectal bleeding.

The only allergy I really pay attention to is my mold/penicillin, and that's more or less because I don't want to die. This of course, eliminates a fair amount of very tasty cheeses, but I cannot seem to grasp the cheese > death concept.  :?

I'm not picky, I'm DEATH DEFYING.

And FUCK diabetics.  :argh!:

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on September 15, 2011, 12:45:33 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 15, 2011, 12:41:08 AM
I'm a vegetarian, but will have nothing to do with mushrooms, eggplant, or tofu (I'm convinced there's no possible way to cook tofu correctly).

I drink yerba mate because coffee does terrible things to my stomach. Shoe Ears and family refer to it as "horse tea" because it has a grassy element to the flavor.

Mayo belongs in egg and potato salads, but no other foods because it's nasty and I can taste it in anything else.

I grew up eating "goopi", which is deli mustard and mayo mixed and put on top of broccoli. I can taste the mayo now, so I just eat it with mustard.

Pumpkin seeds are the best thing ever.

Lies.  I made tofu apple soup, a riff on miso, and it came out GREAT.

Counter-lies. It is literally impossible for tofu to be great.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Of course you don't, cracker. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"