News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

Add your eccentric food habits/tips/quirks here!

Started by navkat, October 29, 2008, 09:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Suu on September 14, 2011, 11:41:31 PM
I personally don't care for it, but I find it to be very popular in New England.

Probably due to Western European immigration. It's also popular in Ireland and the UK.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Juana

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on September 15, 2011, 12:45:33 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 15, 2011, 12:41:08 AM
I'm a vegetarian, but will have nothing to do with mushrooms, eggplant, or tofu (I'm convinced there's no possible way to cook tofu correctly).

I drink yerba mate because coffee does terrible things to my stomach. Shoe Ears and family refer to it as "horse tea" because it has a grassy element to the flavor.

Mayo belongs in egg and potato salads, but no other foods because it's nasty and I can taste it in anything else.

I grew up eating "goopi", which is deli mustard and mayo mixed and put on top of broccoli. I can taste the mayo now, so I just eat it with mustard.

Pumpkin seeds are the best thing ever.

Lies.  I made tofu apple soup, a riff on miso, and it came out GREAT.
I cannot abide the texture, no matter how it's cooked.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Freeky

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 15, 2011, 12:47:24 AM
Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on September 15, 2011, 12:45:33 AM
I'm a vegetarian, but will have nothing to do with mushrooms, eggplant, or tofu (I'm convinced there's no possible way to cook tofu correctly).

I drink yerba mate because coffee does terrible things to my stomach. Shoe Ears and family refer to it as "horse tea" because it has a grassy element to the flavor.

Mayo belongs in egg and potato salads, but no other foods because it's nasty and I can taste it in anything else.

I grew up eating "goopi", which is deli mustard and mayo mixed and put on top of broccoli. I can taste the mayo now, so I just eat it with mustard.

Pumpkin seeds are the best thing ever.

Lies.  I made tofu apple soup, a riff on miso, and it came out GREAT.
I cannot abide the texture, no matter how it's cooked.

That's because your father is a terrorist.  For shame. :sad:

Juana

:lulz: It's probably his fault, anyway. Most of my gastronomic aversions come from him fucking up in the kitchen and making me eat whatever disaster he cooked despite the fact it either waved at me, stretched unnaturally, or did other things food oughtn't.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Freeky

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 15, 2011, 12:50:40 AM
:lulz: It's probably his fault, anyway. Most of my gastronomic aversions come from him fucking up in the kitchen and making me eat whatever disaster he cooked anyway.

Olawd, I hate people who do that!!! :x

Cain

Like Twid, I tend to eat my food based on types.  Almost always, the meat will be left until last, except in the case of pastas, stir fries and curries, where it will go first.

Just today, I discovered a beefburger, sliced up in a sandwich, with sweet chilli sauce, is quite delicious.

trippinprincezz13

I will expand that to include tuna, chicken and pasta salads, but pretty much this. And when people put it on hamburgers :vomit:

And even though I like putting egg in my potato and pasta salads, the idea of egg salad repulses me.

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on September 14, 2011, 04:42:46 PM

I like spicy food and drinks. I will take it to masochistic levels. For example, I like ghost pepper sauce in a shot of tequila.

Also, this, though outside of bloody marys I haven't really added spicy to many drinks. I really need to try the tequila w/ the ghost pepper sauce. Also, had some awesome ghost pepper wings from a local place the other week. Face felt like it was melting halfway through and I was thrilled to find a place with actually hot wings. They also had a sauce made with fresh ghost peppers that wasn't quite as hot but had an interesting sweetness to it as well.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love how white people are super-into telling everyone about food they don't like or can't eat because the taste/texture/smell makes them feel sick.

Also how they are gluten and lactose intolerant and can't have certain vegetables because it makes them gassy

and how they are delicate fragile flowers who must be coddled and pampered like the jewels of the animal kingdom.

Fucking hell. This is not the "foods my picky white ass passes judgement on" thread.

And yes, I just called you white.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Fuck that shit.  The only thing I refuse to eat are roasted tarantulas, and I'd reconsider that if I was starving.

But unless it comes in a curry/pasta/stir-fry, I'm eating the salad first, then the potato and THEN the spider.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on September 15, 2011, 03:56:10 PM

I'm not White.

I'm more of a really angry red/florid.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 15, 2011, 04:40:54 PM

I'm not White.

I'm more of a really angry red/florid.

You ate a raw lizard.

Clearly, not white.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

I love how white people are super-into telling everyone about food they don't like or can't eat because the taste/texture/smell makes them feel sick.

Also how they are gluten and lactose intolerant and can't have certain vegetables because it makes them gassy

and how they are delicate fragile flowers who must be coddled and pampered like the jewels of the animal kingdom.

Fucking hell. This is not the "foods my picky white ass passes judgement on" thread.

Pickiness falls under "habit" and "quirk."

Calling me white is also a statement of fact. Whatever.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on September 15, 2011, 04:29:35 PM
Fuck that shit.  The only thing I refuse to eat are roasted tarantulas, and I'd reconsider that if I was starving.

But unless it comes in a curry/pasta/stir-fry, I'm eating the salad first, then the potato and THEN the spider.

:lol:

I saw how they did that, it was awesome, you grab the tarantula's body with chopsticks and then just dip it into boiling hot oil for a bit, fuck yeah :D

I'd probably dip it in batter first, maybe.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Juana

What Twid said. I also don't think there's a problem with having preferences or not liking something because of texture or similar.

Cain

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 15, 2011, 06:33:19 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 15, 2011, 04:29:35 PM

:lol:

I saw how they did that, it was awesome, you grab the tarantula's body with chopsticks and then just dip it into boiling hot oil for a bit, fuck yeah :D

I'd probably dip it in batter first, maybe.

On the BBC's Human Planet, the kids roasted them over an open fire.  They looked to have a texture similiar to marshmellow, on the inside.  And crunchy on the outside.

I have, of course, eaten guinea pigs before now.  And horse.  And alpaca.  And crocodile.  And snails.

Never frog legs before though, funnily enough.  I'd like to try them, though I hear they're nothing special.