News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Add your eccentric food habits/tips/quirks here!

Started by navkat, October 29, 2008, 09:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on September 16, 2011, 12:33:12 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 16, 2011, 10:13:16 AM
Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on September 15, 2011, 11:18:23 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 15, 2011, 06:35:12 PM
What Twid said. I also don't think there's a problem with having preferences or not liking something because of texture or similar.

Of course you don't, cracker. :lulz:
Don't you deal with that sort of thing for a living?

Not anymore! Now my menu consists of two choices: take it or leave it.

And before, when I was subjected to the indignities of running a restaurant kitchen, most of the front of the house staff new better than to come to me with requests based on pickiness as my usual response would be something along the lines of "well if they can't find anything on the fucking menu that they fucking like, maybe they should go the fuck somewhere else!"

This does not apply to actual allergies, I have all of the sensitivity in the world about that and will go way out of my way to be accommodating. But when someone wants this dish but without this or that component because they really just don't like those? Well fuck the fuck you, cocksmoker, either find a dish that your picky ass DOES like or go to fucking Wendy's.

BLESS YOU, SIR.

My best friend is deathly allergic to certain tree nuts, and all bivalves. She once went into anaphylactic shock at work because the "peanuts" sprinkled on the Thai noodles in the cafeteria were actually chopped mixed nuts. Her face and tongue swelled up after kissing her boyfriend, who had hours before had a cookie that had walnuts in it. It's very, very important that she not be exposed to tree nuts. Luckily, she can, and will, eat just about anything else that comes her way, and is damn fucking grateful for it.

I have another friend who is a Celiac, and can't have any wheat at all or his insides will start eating themselves.

Then there is the LEGIONS of friends who have recently jumped on the gluten-free and food allergy bandwagon because they found an itchy spot or they feel sluggish after too much pasta, who give themselves permission to "cheat" if they want something badly enough, but otherwise make a huge deal about all the things they "can't" eat.

Oh, so I have to make gravy with rice flour, so that you can save your daily gluten allotment for a cookie? Fuck you!

These people really chap my hide. Because they give the world at large the impression that someone who is seriously allergic ("cheating" at all would make either of my aforementioned friends seriously ill, if not dead) can still just have a little as long as they don't notice it. Just a LITTLE pecan flour on the chicken won't hurt, right?

I have another friend who is, sorrow of sorrows, allergic to onions. Needless to say, people assume that she just doesn't like them, but she really just can't have them at all because they make her very unpleasantly sick. She solves this problem, mostly, by not eating anywhere but at home, and has never once made an issue about it.

The people who don't like this and that, and who have rules about what's "gross" and what should "never be done" because they think a food is disgusting, make me want to go into a whirlwind slap-fest. It's one thing if they apply their picky picky princess standards to themselves, but the ones who go about judging and ewwwwing at what other people eat truly make me want to punch a bitch in the face. It's not, actually, cute to be a brat.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Cain on September 15, 2011, 06:51:49 PM

On the BBC's Human Planet, the kids roasted them over an open fire.  They looked to have a texture similiar to marshmellow, on the inside.  And crunchy on the outside.

I have, of course, eaten guinea pigs before now.  And horse.  And alpaca.  And crocodile.  And snails.

Never frog legs before though, funnily enough.  I'd like to try them, though I hear they're nothing special.

I had them once, but it was at a Chinese restaurant and fried, so like most fried foods, it mostly tasted like batter, or the cliche "tastes like chicken". I'd be interested to try it prepared otherwise, but from what I could sense (barely) it didn't seem to have much of it's own flavor
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

East Coast Hustle

More so than anything else to which the cliche is applied, frog legs actually DO taste like chicken.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jenne

Yes, SIGH, they do.

I wish they fucking didn't.

But they do.

Way less fucking meat on the bone to show for it, too.

Pope Pixie Pickle

i like brie and strawberry jam sammiches, on toasted wholemeal bread. Its surprisingly good.

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Pixie on September 17, 2011, 11:30:33 PM
i like brie and strawberry jam sammiches, on toasted wholemeal bread. Its surprisingly good.
I should make a point to try this. Sounds tasty.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Bruno

I will eat the same thing almost every meal for weeks.

I ate green bean casserole for the last month or so. Now I'm one week into spaghetti.

Once, I subsisted for an entire summer entirely on corn dogs and Citrucel.
Formerly something else...

Triple Zero

Quote from: Pixie on September 17, 2011, 11:30:33 PM

IMO blueberry's even better.

Also goat cheese + some sort of jam or honey + tiny sprinkly of thyme or rosemary + toasted = NOICE

Quirky food habit. Ummm I eat raw dough sometimes? When I make pizza dough etc. I once had the yeast make me burp all day :P

Toast bread + mayo + wasabi = yum. Got this from my gf though.

When I really want a snack and have nothing else, toast bread + butter + sriracha = MMM

I once dipped a big chunk of chocolate in my hummus, it was not bad. But I was a bit drunk and I was trying to prove my hummus is so good it goes with everything.

Most things I eat are things I'd serve to others as well, so they're not exactly quirky habits.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Don Coyote

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

QUIRKY FOOD HABIT OF THE DAY:

I LIKE TO START WITH AN APPETIZER OF DEEP FRIED LABIA, EXTRA FLAPPY. FOR THE MAIN COURSE I ENJOY JUGGLING OVARIES WITH MY TONSILS FOLLOWED BY BLOWING RASPBERRIES INTO THE URETHRA. A FEW BITES OF CLITORIS AND I'M READY FOR DESSERT: GARGLING VAGINA.

NET,
SWALLOWS.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

I wouldn't wish my shitty food allergies on anyone. Who the fuck WANTS to not be able to eat things because they want to be fucking food hipsters? No, fuck that.

I want a cheeseburger. I want to EAT THE HELL out of a cheeseburger, and I CAN'T. Not unless it's made out of turkey or vegetable matter. Goddamnit, I want dead cow on my bun, and I CAN'T HAVE IT.

I want a delicious bowl of clam chowder on the beach, and I CAN'T.

I however, don't want a chunk of Stilton. Ya'll can keep that. My cousin almost tried to kill me at her wedding by putting Gorgonzola on the salad that was served. I was so mad, I wanted that salad. :( I'm so glad I read the menu before I dug in thinking it was feta. Good lord, that wouldn't have been fun.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Salty

I like something sweet with my eggs. Syrup, jelly, sweet chili sauce. On toast or drizzled on the eggs. Mmmm..
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Freeky

Buttered bread with steak sauce or worstershire is delicious.

I bet apples with steak sauce would be delicious!  BRB going to check a theory.