News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 09, 2016, 11:03:40 AM
You see, the problem is I'm occasionally very stupid.

So am I.  The only thing we have in common is crowbars.

Ergo, crowbars make ya dumb.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 08, 2016, 09:44:23 PM
Quote from: Freeky on September 08, 2016, 07:45:02 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 08, 2016, 02:28:39 PM
Quote from: Freeky on September 08, 2016, 02:51:42 AM
HOW CAN IT BE SO HARD TO EAT 1500 CALORIES A DAY?

That is all.

1500 calories of what?  1500 calories of soup is pretty easy.  Especially if it's chicken or vegetable soup or something.  Chicken itself is pretty easy too...low fat, no carbs, it's a pretty neat meat.

1500 calories of sandwiches, on the other hand...not so easy.

1500 in food, period.  I need to eat more, to get my metabolism going again.  I had 15 oz of steak (which was like, three meals to me) and it was only 600 calories. 

I'm trying to avoid so many sandwiches, since that's mostly what the monkey likes to eat and I have to save most of the bread for him.  Also, not especially filling, sandwiches.

Oh, I have the opposite problem. Keeping myself DOWN to 1500 calories is hard, especially since I cook like a mofo, and the food carts at school are superb. An 800-calorie Cajun Chicken salad for lunch? YES PLEASE!

:crankey:  You lucky devil, you.  that sounds amazing.

The Wizard Joseph

I'm back. All my plans to go west are no more. Perhaps next year, IDK. My dad has encouraged me to write after seeing some of my stuff, so I'm going to get a simple job and do that for myself while I figure out my life. Figure I'll finish the Genesis of Eris first, but after that it's going to be "The Assault on Christmas". I may send some things to folks in PM about "the plot" and have questions before I get to that.

But it would seem someone said something about ORANGES?

.... urge to mark all as read intensifies.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Freeky

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 10, 2016, 06:52:35 PM
I'm back. All my plans to go west are no more. Perhaps next year, IDK. My dad has encouraged me to write after seeing some of my stuff, so I'm going to get a simple job and do that for myself while I figure out my life. Figure I'll finish the Genesis of Eris first, but after that it's going to be "The Assault on Christmas". I may send some things to folks in PM about "the plot" and have questions before I get to that.

But it would seem someone said something about ORANGES?

.... urge to mark all as read intensifies.

ORANGES?!  Where?

Freeky

My folks made me mix them a drink using two different brands of fum, for a blind taste test.  I took two shots as payment. 

I remember now.  I hate rum soooo much. I hate the taste, I hate the burn going down, the burn as it sits there, the burn in mah face.  Hate.

But the test was uccesfel and now they know that pricer rum is smoother.  WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED.  (slowly raise hand)

eta Alos hate the grumpy I get from rumj.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Freeky on September 11, 2016, 02:58:41 AM
My folks made me mix them a drink using two different brands of fum, for a blind taste test.  I took two shots as payment. 

I remember now.  I hate rum soooo much. I hate the taste, I hate the burn going down, the burn as it sits there, the burn in mah face.  Hate.

But the test was uccesfel and now they know that pricer rum is smoother.  WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED.  (slowly raise hand)

:lulz:

This is adorable.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Trivial

Moved into my new place and it's weird being in a town of this population.

I can get things.  Things I want - without the internet.  I can just drive somewhere and get them.  Sometimes it's just a walk. :eek:
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Who among us has never tried to back the Bradley over the dismounted infantry? Who among us has never been THAT PISSED OFF about the bottle your fucking "buddy" swiped out of your barracks room? But no, grunts move really fucking fast when they want to. They are like unto the ninjas of old, fueled by whiskey. YOUR whiskey.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on September 10, 2016, 05:26:52 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 08, 2016, 09:44:23 PM
Quote from: Freeky on September 08, 2016, 07:45:02 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 08, 2016, 02:28:39 PM
Quote from: Freeky on September 08, 2016, 02:51:42 AM
HOW CAN IT BE SO HARD TO EAT 1500 CALORIES A DAY?

That is all.

1500 calories of what?  1500 calories of soup is pretty easy.  Especially if it's chicken or vegetable soup or something.  Chicken itself is pretty easy too...low fat, no carbs, it's a pretty neat meat.

1500 calories of sandwiches, on the other hand...not so easy.

1500 in food, period.  I need to eat more, to get my metabolism going again.  I had 15 oz of steak (which was like, three meals to me) and it was only 600 calories. 

I'm trying to avoid so many sandwiches, since that's mostly what the monkey likes to eat and I have to save most of the bread for him.  Also, not especially filling, sandwiches.

Oh, I have the opposite problem. Keeping myself DOWN to 1500 calories is hard, especially since I cook like a mofo, and the food carts at school are superb. An 800-calorie Cajun Chicken salad for lunch? YES PLEASE!

:crankey:  You lucky devil, you.  that sounds amazing.

It is all the fucking noms.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on September 11, 2016, 02:58:41 AM

I share your feelings about rum, super hard.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on September 11, 2016, 04:35:03 AM
Moved into my new place and it's weird being in a town of this population.

I can get things.  Things I want - without the internet.  I can just drive somewhere and get them.  Sometimes it's just a walk. :eek:

That is my favorite thing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Friends came over and cleaned alllll that shit out of our yard. It's like a goddamn miracle! So happy to have the yard back. Next summer, so much gardening will happen!

Cain

I think the thing I need to keep uppermost in my mind when dealing with management is that they need me more than I need them, and that they are cowards.

I had a bracing chat with my own manager when he ambushed me during the training session the previous week.  In fact, I was ambushed twice - first by an unscheduled staff meeting, and then by a follow up meeting.  And because I was in pain (old injury flared up) and because I hadn't had much sleep and because I hate annual training, I was in a filthy mood and basically gave it to him, with both barrels.

He not only flinched, he backpedaled.  It was a truly abject display, and has only increased my contempt for him.  Try and call me out for doing my job in front of everyone, then cravenly apologise and claim you mispoke and no offence was meant in private?  Pathetic.  Keep me in the dark while praising my work to your bosses to make you look good?  Claim my ideas as your own?  Too bad you can't keep your lies straight and remember what you've told me from one week to the next.  I have you.  And if that's not enough, I have a parting gift from a student...a story that would look very bad, no matter what light it was presented in.  He doesn't know that yet, but he doesn't need to.  He's not the only one who can ambush people, only when I do it, I'm going to add significant emotional and mental stress to the surprise, because unlike him I'm a professional.

The department head hopes to use me, which is why he's not putting up a difficult front at the moment.  But I also know he's a coward.  He's a filthy misogynist, a man who verbally attacks and belittles women and raises his voice to students, but wouldn't dare raise his voice to me despite the extreme provocation I have given him in the past.  He'll become angry, petulant, obstinate...but he can't stomach the idea of an assault on someone who might actually pose a physical threat, or at least that's how it seems.  He wants my neutrality, so he can promote his spy to my manager's current position, and he thinks he has it...sadly, I gave ammunition to my manager during our chat regarding this spy, and how no-one actually respects or likes her.  No-one respects or likes him either, so it's hardly an obstacle to the position, but it's something he can use, if he's not a complete moron (jury is still out on that).  I may not be in a position to directly take him down, not surgically, but I'm sure as hell I could make his life a miserable line of investigations and meetings in the meantime.  He's easily stressed...making him flip in front of someone important would end his career easily.

I have to admit, I kinda want them to do something stupid.  I've kept quiet and made sure contingencies are in place, and now I'm pushing back and I'm just wondering how far I can push them, when they will snap and lash out.  I can moderate my own response, to a degree, but I really want to see one of them go off the deep end.  Because then I have no excuse not to bring this whole rotten edifice down.

And when I finally leave I may just do that anyway.  You know, for shits and giggles.