News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Mascot

Started by Cramulus, August 03, 2009, 04:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

It was suggested by Xooxe to imitate a caduceus with angler fish which I thought was not only brilliant but appropriate.

One of the unique things about this forum is the trolling and pranking which comes naturally to many people here. I think it is an identifying feature of the community.

Trolling and pranking tend to have a theme of tricking people into taking bait whereupon the victim is then bitten savagely and usually swallowed in big chunks.

This forum is not a place for healing as a caduceus would indicate, it's quite the opposite:

• wings found on a traditional caduceus fly in the air, angler fish live in the deep
  • the "caduceus" is flipped vertically
  • aligned with the sociopolitical symbolism of a pyramid, the angler fish are the lower class baiting the elite so they can eat them
  • the kallisti apple is the disorder that rich people desire who have too much control over the ordering of their lives, the pentagon is the order that poor people desire who have more disorder and less control over the ordering of their lives
  • order gained by the act of trying to disorder the lives of the people who want to keep them in poverty
  • disorder gained by trying to order peoples lives in exploitative ways

The fractal is the LOLrandom factor which moves the viewer's eye between disorder and order, chaos being the interplay between the two.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cramulus

that's fecking brilliant!!

do you have a name for this monstrosity?

Quote from: Cramulus on March 10, 2010, 01:21:38 AM
that's fecking brilliant!!

do you have a name for this monstrosity?

Thanks Cram.

"Angler fish mascot 3" is about as far as I got with the name.

So, all of the iterations of the angler fish mascot that I made in this thread are public domain.

I'll post the various file formats for people to do with as they please for the final version or upon request for any version.

Enrico Salazar

Did someone say gorgeous?

Doktor Howl

Oh, crap.

TOADFISH MONASTERY, COME HOME!  ALL IS FORGIVEN!
Molon Lube

Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
ETA: Attribution to me is not necessary, but you must include the CC license.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 01, 2010, 10:45:56 PM
NIIIIICE

SAVED!

:)

I do not believe you need to attribute this to me if you use it. Actually, I'd prefer you didn't. I had to use that Creative Commons License because of the fractal, though the creator of it didn't specify his or her name or ask for any specific attribution info but did clearly use the same license.

I think it should be fine for almost everything you'd want to use it for including commercial work, except for a trademark. To make it truly public domain I think there's a bunch of hoops I'd have to jump through, including getting a new high res Julia set fractal which I'd probably wait to do until after this quarter is over.

If anyone wants particular separate pieces of the image to play around with or the native file, just shoot me a message and they're yours.

Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
Attribution to me is not necessary, but you must include the CC license.

Cramulus

these are fuckin bangin, net!

Now we need a forum theme which incorporates this kickass image

Triple Zero

triangular forum theme? Intriguing idea ...
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Sounds like a cute idea to me. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

Cainad (dec.)

OH FUCK

Didn't see that one until the second go-around.

LMNO