News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

MUSIC!

Started by Subtract Eight!, July 04, 2006, 10:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subtract Eight!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

putz

You really are children here I cant believe it???

Subtract Eight!

heh
everything except the guitar is basically midi
i dont have those instrument nor am i good at them
although i played the guitar at the end which i am better at
hXc
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

putz

I don't blame you there.  About the only thing I can reliably play is a boviphonic ohm cannon, a trash-based wind instrument.

I hastily drew up plans for one just now so I could illustrate:

Make sure it's airtight, as it works by air pressure.  You seal your mouth around the mouthpiece and breath out.  This will raise the air pressure in the bucket, making the plastic sheeting lift off of the other PVC tube.  This allows the air pressure to escape. The sheeting then smacks down on to the top of the tube, making a tone. The whole process happens so quickly that  all the tones blend into one big "MUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH".  The length of the second PVC tube determines the tone.  My favorite one that I built stood 3 1/2 feet tall.  It was amazing.  I gave it to some traveling kids.
You really are children here I cant believe it???

Subtract Eight!

yo dude thats some potentially sublime timbres in the works therrrr

i'll probably need one for my live free acid jazz psychedelic techno blues yo

Felix

descent.  i remember that game.  so this is like driving spaceships inside your head?

Subtract Eight!

mexicanbadderinfection

I made this with watercolor pencils. *preens*

I prefer it with the colors inverted though. :D

Congratulations! You Are A Winner!

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I like the last one.

Subtract Eight!

thx.

this one's catchy

i play guitar and bass in it

i also programmed the drum beat

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i0zi93

The unimportant one

Quote from: Subtract Eight!heh
everything except the guitar is basically midi
i dont have those instrument nor am i good at them
although i played the guitar at the end which i am better at
hXc
hey, pm u location by city! we should start an eris band! two guitar, (i can double bass but not the best, one does vocals, get some mexican to sing about eris
(tell him it means jesus in english)
Find a theremin and  a celtic harp and a bodhran and get the trash instrument .... Discordian rock!!!!
wane cough)|(
Click for old sig
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/4659/logo14oy.jpg
EDITED, just for  LMNO's convenience

Felix

I liked HXC.  Phonetically, that comes close to 'hicks'.  :lol:

You plan on doing more, right?  :o

Subtract Eight!

Oh yeah, I'll get some fully realized pieces done whenever it happens. These are down in a few hours spurts of concentration. HXC gets nice and wacky and exciting I liked that.

vexaph0d

i recorded TWO recordings, and they were good, but the files are corrupt and i don't have time to record them again just now.  but, so yuo can still enjoy the musak, i will perform them for you in person, typographically.

ahem.

CHA CHUNKA CHUNKA CHA CHUNKA CHUNKA W0oOO CHUNKA CHA CHUNKA W0OEEOOOeeOE00EEeO0! BLOAWAWAAAAH CHUNKA CHUNKA CHA CHUNKA CHUNKA WEEee wEEAAAOWW!... <awkward silence> ...plinka plinka da doo doowah doo plika plaplink dah dah da doo doowah fwim fwam shaBarliaboppity boowaah.... <drum beat> cha, pla dah cha, cha CHUNK, cha cha CHUNKA CHUNKA da DOOeE00OooWAAAHHHAHOWWW!

<fin>
FRied Eggs for Eris, the FREE Cabal. No applicants accepted.

Subtract Eight!

interesting connotations with the minor thirds and tritone modulation there
im glad we are experiencing much more modal variety and exploration