News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

MMO GASM

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, March 22, 2008, 07:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Messier Undertree

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 07, 2008, 06:45:41 PM
Where the hell has Echo been anyways? I haven't seen him in a while. Then again, I guess I haven't been here too often.

He's been around.

I know how to contact him and I'm sure he'll be up for anything like this.

Messier Undertree

e

Incidentally, WoW doesn't let you speak when you're doing the free trial (unless this has changed recently).  This is because they got lots of jackasses just making free trials over and over and spamming the hell out of things, apparently.  I've never actually played WoW, but this is what I have heard from friends who do.

Messier Undertree

Gundam Agriculture

I play EVE Online and it's a great game for screwing around with people.  However that has a downside -- others have beat us to the punch.  One of the biggest alliances in the game is GoonSwarm, which basically started as a joke when the Something Awful folks decided to invade the server en masse with free 14-day trial accounts.

from http://www.wired.com/gaming/virtualworlds/magazine/16-02/mf_goons?currentPage=4 :
The Goons, on the other hand, fly cheap little frigates into battle, get blown up, go grab another ship, and jump back into the fight. Their motto: "We choke the guns of our enemies with our corpses." Some other players consider the tactic a less-than-sporting end run around a fair fight, still others call it an outright technical exploit, designed to lag the server so the enemy can't move in reinforcements.

Also GoonSwarm was the first alliance to kill a Titan, a ship that's worth over $10K in real-world cash.  Epic video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LRlrFudaEs8
"The Agriculture Ministry is not in charge of Gundam."
- ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I've discovered a whole new world to troll in MMOS: They seem to communicate in large part on ventrillo servers. These are usually unsecured or poorly secured and could make for some epic trolling. Hopefully things will quiet down for me in the next few months and we'll be able to pull off something fun.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hahaha I wonder if those old Ventrilo trolls are still posted at fugly.com? Shit, I haven't been on fugly for ages... I kind of forgot about it. :I
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Micro Ice

Quote from: Xooxe on April 03, 2008, 06:14:22 AM
Here's a free one. Looks horrible.

http://flyff.gpotato.com/

Ive an account for this but its really hard to troll as most people on it dont understand english from what i could tell.

As for wow, i play it often and mass group trolling does not work. The most effective way to do this is to play solo. Get invited to a group to go off and do something like an instance. Wait a while then start doing idiotic things which leads to getting everyone killed. After this happens twice or so people get really annoyed and become easy targets for open flaming.
Let me Go, Gravity, Whats On My Shoulder?, Little by Little I Feel a Bit Better.

Quote from: Nigel on April 30, 2008, 11:08:19 PM
Hahaha I wonder if those old Ventrilo trolls are still posted at fugly.com? Shit, I haven't been on fugly for ages... I kind of forgot about it. :I

Ah Fugly... <3

nostalgicBadger

My GASM is currently runescape classic review ... the original and best version of runescape!
meh.

Gundam Agriculture

EVE lets you buy game-time-codes, which can be redeemed for 30 days of free play.  You can also buy a GTC and sell it to another player for EVE's in-game currency (ISK).  So effectively there is an exchange rate between ISK and real-life money.  Right now you can buy a GTC for $15 and sell it in-game to another player for about 160-170 million ISK.  So this gives an exchange rate of about $1 = 10M ISK.  Titans have to be built by players in-game, and the claim of "Titan = $10000" comes from taking the in-game ISK value of the materials needed to produce a titan and translating that into USD via the exchange rate. 

However the ISK -> USD exchange rate (as well as the prices of the titan's materials) fluctuates rather a lot, so the $10,000 estimate in the video is definitely just an estimate.
"The Agriculture Ministry is not in charge of Gundam."
- ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura

nostalgicBadger

... Why do I get the feeling that MMO GASM is just an excuse to spend more time playing MMOs?
meh.

Micro Ice

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on May 23, 2008, 09:31:07 PM
... Why do I get the feeling that MMO GASM is just an excuse to spend more time playing MMOs?

Shhh you will blow our cover.
Let me Go, Gravity, Whats On My Shoulder?, Little by Little I Feel a Bit Better.

Rev-Retail-Therapy

i used to play MUDs, "back int day"

i ballsed up one entire game by creating a clan of transexuals who weren't interested in fighting, we were called "girls on film"
I flirted my way to become an imortal and then invited more and more people into my clan...

at one point most of the people were just ont here to chat

m$

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on May 23, 2008, 09:31:07 PM

SHUT THE FUCK UP! I'M ALMOST LEVEL 50!
      \
:walken: