News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Attn LMNO

Started by navkat, April 01, 2013, 12:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

Because TGRR and I shouldn't have all the MIND NUMBING FUN to ourselves now, should we?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120604213544AAj4gXT

LMNO

Blocked at work.

I has a sad.

navkat

Resolved Question
Show me another »
Who invented rock n' roll?
I've asked this question to many different people and I've never gotten a majority of one answer.

Some people say it was some guy called "Chuck Berry" with his song "Johnny B Goode." This just can't be correct. It sounds like backwoods country. Or pop or something. I mean, there's no distortion. There was even some kind of chello or bass fidle I saw in the video.

Some people say it was Elvis, but I don't believe this could possibly be correct either. Again, there is no distortion. Besides, Elvis was a singer. Just one guy. Singing like that had been around for a long, long time. Besides, Rock n' roll couldn't have been created by one man. It could only be a group of people, right? Because rock n' roll is it's own completely unique genre that is defined by the whole effect of the band, not just one player.

I don't think Jimmi Hendrix did it either, he is more like psychedelic.

My answer would be Led Zeppelin. They are the earliest band I have heard of that used true distorted electric guitar and had the right style. I mean, nobody was playing blazing guitar solos one or more times in a song before Jimmy Paige. John Bonham was the first I have ever heard to bash out hard, fast, drumming and wild drum solos. Robert Plant is considered to be one of the best, if not the best rock singer of all time. He practically set the standard for what rock n' roll singers sounded like. And, more importantly, nobody had the style down yet. Led Zeppelin also inspired hundreds of famous rock n' roll bands.

I don't believe that rock in roll was just evolved and not invented. It's just dumb. Rock n' roll exists, therefore, someone had to have been the first to do it. Whether the difference was seconds or years, there had to have been a first. It happened.

That first I believe was Zeppelin. Maybe they were inspired by someone, but whoever that was, they didn't play real rock n' roll and Zeppelin just accidentally did it or intentionally did it and spring-boarded of that other person's idea.

Does anyone agree with me? If not, please give an explanation to show why or it isn't worth anything.

10 months ago
    Report Abuse

Additional Details
I just have to say this because it's so disrespectful to this band.

torterra_maztergod has no idea what he is talking about. Guns n' Roses was not a glam band. They did not wear make-up or do any glam stuff. It's just so disrespectful and rude that it's unbelievable.

Plus, his answer looks like it was copy pasted.

Also, yes rock n' roll needs distorted guitar. Explain how it doesn't, or your answer = nothing.

10 months ago
I feel sad for you if all you can see music as is a time signature which is just a bunch of ink marks on paper, and not appreciate it for it's wonderful sound.

10 months ago

Led Zepplin invented Rock N' Roll. Now you know. If you can't explain how they DIDN'T, your answer = nothing.

LMNO

What is this I don't even.

LMNO

I can't even believe I'm honestly responding to this, but:  "Rocket 88" has a distorted guitar sound, and is widely believed to be the "first" recorded rock song (1951).  But even if that's too hillbilly for you, Try Link Wray's "Rumble" (1958).  In 1961, the Ventures had an actual fuzzbox made for "200 Pund Bee", and the first commercially produced distortion pedal was offered in 1962 (the Maestro Fuzztone FZ-1).  And then there's a litte thing called "You Really Got Me" by the Kinks in 1964.

But you can't fix stupid.

navkat

I just love when someone with no brains takes a music course and all the sudden, they feel bad for us because we're not REALLY REAL music appreciators.

Cain

I wish I could appreciate guitar distortion enough to understand that Led Zeppelin invented rock'n'roll.

LMNO

QuoteI don't believe that rock in roll was just evolved and not invented. It's just dumb. Rock n' roll exists, therefore, someone had to have been the first to do it.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Creationist Musician.

Cain

Well that's just stupid.

Of course rock'n'roll evolved from many different sources and musicians.  But ultimately, that evolution was guided by a benign intelligence who intended the outcome to be what is now known as rock'n'roll.

And that benign intelligence is Jimmy Page.

LMNO

Cain

Mangrove

torterra_maztergod has no idea what he is talking about. Guns n' Roses was not a glam band. They did not wear make-up or do any glam stuff. It's just so disrespectful and rude that it's unbelievable.

I can't believe I am responding to this. But, NO WAY WOULD AXL & CO EVER WEAR MAKE UP. NUH-UH.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on April 01, 2013, 04:08:30 PM
Well that's just stupid.

Of course rock'n'roll evolved from many different sources and musicians.  But ultimately, that evolution was guided by a benign intelligence who intended the outcome to be what is now known as rock'n'roll.

And that benign intelligence is Jimmy Page.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

QuoteThe 1980s saw the emergence of glam rock (also called hair metal).

Never happened:

etc.

Go home. Nothing to see here.  :horrormirth:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

East Coast Hustle

I feel like Bowie gets lumped in with Glam strictly based on how he dressed, because he doesn't seem to have much in common musically with the rest of the genre.

Also, he should probably burn in hell for that leotard. And the haircut too. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"