News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Day of Discord : Edinburgh '10

Started by Payne, February 25, 2010, 02:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

This year, we are thinking of changing the Edinburgh date from August 23rd (or closest Saturday to) to a mid-june date - the reasons being numerous and based mostly on cost and availability of accomodation in Edinburgh in August.

I have chosen the date Saturday 12th June for now, though this is up for being changed if enough people need it to be. Discussion of DoD is as usual still mostly done on the dedicated board on POEE, but for exposure to more people who may or may not want to come up for it I'm posting it here too.

NOTE: There are still plans to run a second DoD event in the southron reaches of the UK this year, most likely around the traditional August date. As I will probably have my hands full with "Movin' To Southampton" plans around that time it may make more sense for someone else to arrange it.

-Kel-

god damnit, i would be there this year if the london town/scotland pillage wasn't pushed back until next year.

Payne

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I really really want to come to this. I got my passport and everything!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

-Kel-

Payne

Quote from: -Kel- on February 25, 2010, 07:17:55 PM
Quote from: Payne on February 25, 2010, 04:06:38 PM
Note: DoD is an annual event.

i know but i wanted to come this summer.

Previous observations lead me to believe that next years DoD will kick this years ones ass.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

how abouts you move it from scotland to south africa  :lol: then ill totally join you

E.O.T.

HOW ABOUT

we make DoD an international event

AND

on that weekend, spags all over the globe gather by region at their local pub(s) with other spags from their neighborhood and host the event here on the board?
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Payne

Quote from: E.O.T. on February 25, 2010, 10:01:15 PM
HOW ABOUT

we make DoD an international event

AND

on that weekend, spags all over the globe gather by region at their local pub(s) with other spags from their neighborhood and host the event here on the board?

Which is what August the 23rd (or closest saturday) is.

E.O.T.

WELL THEN,

sweet!

I'M THERE!

except I'll be here. Day of Discord, Portland, Oregon 2010. It's official.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Payne

It's never really taken off outside the Scot Spag Cabal, really.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I volunteer my back yard. Look out for chicken poop.

I'll start a thread so as not to crap up the Edinburgh thread.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roaring Biscuit!

12th sounds good for me, i finish exams on the 2nd of june i think, and i still have a room till the 25th, so that really is ideal :)

Payne

Triple Zero

Quote from: Fredamir Putin on February 25, 2010, 08:04:46 PM
how abouts you move it from scotland to south africa  :lol: then ill totally join you

what are you gonna do in South Africa?

also, 12th of june is my father's 60th birthday, so I have to check first if he's going to do anything then at the exact date, but since it is in a weekend, I suppose he will. ... hm
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.