News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Roger/Waffle pointlessly pushing iron up in the air thread (warning: geekery)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 26, 2014, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rong

Thanks for the encouragement.  I've found fighting the urge to puke for, say, 30 minutes, is preferable to what I can only describe as prolonged limb agony
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: rong on July 05, 2015, 04:08:58 AM
Thanks for the encouragement.  I've found fighting the urge to puke for, say, 30 minutes, is preferable to what I can only describe as prolonged limb agony

Are you eating with this in mind?

Also, are you using whey powder?

And if you're using creatine, stop.
Molon Lube

rong

I take a multivitamin every other day or so.  Other than than, typical northern midwest diet.

I just said that because while I'm working out, I tend to feel a little nauseous sometimes - but I noticed that afterwards, I'm not so sore as to inhibit my daily activities.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: rong on July 05, 2015, 03:32:10 PM
I take a multivitamin every other day or so.  Other than than, typical northern midwest diet.

I just said that because while I'm working out, I tend to feel a little nauseous sometimes - but I noticed that afterwards, I'm not so sore as to inhibit my daily activities.

You need some sugar an hour before you work out.  I had this same problem.

When I say "some", I mean maybe 2 Reese's peanut butter cups.
Molon Lube

rong

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 05, 2015, 04:46:17 AM

Why no creatine?
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on July 06, 2015, 01:52:59 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 05, 2015, 04:46:17 AM

Why no creatine?
Sorry for butting in, this post got me reading about creatine.
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-873-CREATINE.aspx?activeIngredientId=873&activeIngredientName=CREATINE

Fromw what I read the main problem would be that creatine makes your muscles hold more water, drying out the rest of your body.
Short term you could pass out from dehydration.
Long term this could make your kidneys unhappy.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Gone with the Sin on July 06, 2015, 03:24:44 PM
I do lines of creatine before I fuck the wife.
I have only read about oral intake so for knowledge about nasal intake you would have to ask others.

Since this is an exercise and health thread you will have to be more specific: how much creatine, how often do you take it, how long does your workout take, what techniques do you use, how often do you perform these techniques.

I read earlier that circuit training is very useful, do you do that with your wife or do you focus on one technique at a time?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

rong

I seem to remember hearing about a link between creatine use and seizures.

I'd just like to be Abe Lincoln strong. 

Abe Lincoln didn't need creatine.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 06, 2015, 05:51:28 PM
NM, Do whatcha like.

Me, I'm keeping my kidneys.
That makes sense, there are warnings about using it in the heat or when you are old.
You are in Tucson, and anything in Tucson is there eternally, so you are infinity years old.

EK WAFFLR

There are reports of kidney damage with creatine use, such as interstitial nephritis; patients with kidney disease should avoid use of this supplement.[13] In similar manner, liver function may be altered, and caution is advised in those with underlying liver disease, although studies have shown little or no adverse impact on kidney or liver function from oral creatine supplementation.[16] In 2004 the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) published a record which stated that oral long-term intake of 3g pure creatine per day is risk-free.[17] A 2003 study on athletes who took creatine for 21 months, found no significant changes in markers of renal function;[18] a 2008 study on athletes who took creatine for 3 months, found no evidence of kidney damage during that time.[19]

^Wikipedia, but still.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

Bruno

Merely anecdotal, yes, but last winter I was doing some resistance training while drinking soy protein and creatine. Had my first kidney stone just a few months later. Soy is also a rich source of oxalate, which is what most kidney stones are made of. No idea what the oxalate levels are in the extract.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Sets of 10 dumbbell shoulder press with 60 LB (27Kg) dumbbells.

I am a potato.  I am gonna die.
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

Leg day yesterday. New programming, to allow for tighter schedule from august.

Looks like this:

Monday
Squat Day
Exercise   Sets   Reps
Squats    4    4
Squats    1    20
Still Leg Deadlifts    3    6
Leg Press    4    20
Leg Curls    5    10
Seated Leg Curl    5    10

Wednesday
Bench Press Day
Exercise   Sets   Reps
Bench Press    4    4
Military Press    4    4
Dumbbell Bench Press    5    10
Seated Arnold Press    5    10
Cable Tricep Extension    4    15
Friday
Deadlift Day
Exercise   Sets   Reps
Deadlift    4    4
Power Shrugs    2    20
Barbell Rows    5    10
Pull Ups    5    Failure
Seated Dumbbell Curl    3    12
Hammer Curl    3    12

[/b]