News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

New From Hex Games! [Shameless Self-Promotion]

Started by kingyak, October 31, 2011, 03:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingyak

Hex Games has just released Sindbad and the Sword of Kingship, a swashbuckling Arabian Nights adventure.

The world is of full of wonder--and danger--and Sindbad is about to find out just how full because, even on shore, he can't keep out of the way of adventure. Sindbad and the Sword of Kingship takes our hero and his crew first into the highest halls of power and then across the seas in quest of a singular treasure.

Sindbad and the Sword of Kingship is an adventure for Hex Games' The Adventures of Sindbad that uses the QAGS Second Edition rules. It includes colorful characters, magical artifacts, secrets of the Island of Mystery, and new sailing rules.

Sindbad and the Sword of Kingship—as well as the QAGS rulebook, The Adventures of Sindbad, Mountains of the Moon: Sindbad in East Africa, Sindbad and the Demon Pumpkin, and more—can be purchased in PDF form at www.hexgames.com and at the finer PDF sales sites for just $2.99.

For those who would like to sample QAGS before they buy it, the QAGS Qik Start Rules, which include everything you need to play Sindbad and the Sword of Kingship, are available for download at www.hexgames.com, absolutely free.

Sindbad and the Sword of Kingship is written by Hex's scholar of all things Arab and Arabian, Ian Engle, and illustrated by Joshua LH Burnett and Leighton Connor.

Live Bigger Legends. Have More Fun!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

kingyak

If anyone's wondered where I've been lately:

President Television

Oh yes please tell me that's a game about communing with the spirits of hobos.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

kingyak

Close. You play magical hobos riding the rails to keep reality from falling apart.

Juana

Did you get the idea from the /tg/ post on this? (or are you the OP?) because that shit's magical.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

kingyak

/tg/ ?

We came up with the idea a couple years ago one night a convention. I think it was the result of three things: 1) we were discussion how our-best selling PDFs (Laser Ponies, Funkedelic Frankenstein on the Mean Streets of Monstertown, etc.) are the ones where the title tells you everything you need to know; 2)we'd all just read John Hodgman's first book with all the hobo stuff; and 3) we'd had several beers. At first we were thinking it would be kind of a parody of the original White Wolf games (Hobomancer: The Unbecoming), but once we started working on it, it turned into an elaborate screed against consumer culture.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: kingyak on June 12, 2012, 02:23:54 PM
/tg/ ?

We came up with the idea a couple years ago one night a convention. I think it was the result of three things: 1) we were discussion how our-best selling PDFs (Laser Ponies, Funkedelic Frankenstein on the Mean Streets of Monstertown, etc.) are the ones where the title tells you everything you need to know; 2)we'd all just read John Hodgman's first book with all the hobo stuff; and 3) we'd had several beers. At first we were thinking it would be kind of a parody of the original White Wolf games (Hobomancer: The Unbecoming), but once we started working on it, it turned into an elaborate screed against consumer culture.

I once wrote a rule set for White Wolf...Slime, The Waiting.

It was basically two tables.  Whattaya want?  Slimes don't do much.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

My Favorite Mormon spends a lot of time on 4chan, specifically Tabletop Gaming (aka, /tg/). The O-OP and OPv2.0 (which are pretty fucking awesome, imo) sound a bit like your game. Just a bit, but it's there.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

President Television

Hmm... Depending on how far you are into the design process, maybe you can work this into the game as some kind of sigil magic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobo#Hobo_.28sign.29_code
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

kingyak

Game's finished and released, and does indeed contain sigil magic using hobo signs. I'm going to try to get a preview freebie up on Drivethru sometime this week.

kingyak

Here's the link to the preview version (you can buy the full version by clicking the cover pic a few posts up):

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/103227/Hobomancer-Preview