News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Cain on May 13, 2015, 04:26:27 PM
I'm not posting much because I'm jobsearching.  Just so you know.

Good luck. What kind of jobs are you searching for?
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on May 13, 2015, 04:26:27 PM
I'm not posting much because I'm jobsearching.  Just so you know.

I hope that this is through choice, not necessity. Also Good Hunting!
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Q. G. Pennyworth

I started seeing a shrink? As recent posts would indicate, this is a Good and Necessary thing. So far I haven't been locked up, so there's something!

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on May 13, 2015, 05:55:22 PM
I started seeing a shrink? As recent posts would indicate, this is a Good and Necessary thing. So far I haven't been locked up, so there's something!
I hope he/she will help you feel and be better.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Eater of Clowns

Good for you. I hope it works well. I would like to see more people seek out therapy as part of a healthier lifestyle.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 13, 2015, 05:58:54 PM

Very much this. And also what EOC said too.

Take it easy and remain free to commit deeds.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

minuspace

Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 13, 2015, 12:07:05 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on May 13, 2015, 10:33:32 AM
Eh, clearly it's par for the adversarial curse because I actually enjoyed trying to show that Ternary Terrence segment to someone today - though I have no idea what OP's point may have been in the first place - that, and my target's rate of recognition was dubious, obviously.
Terrence can be worthwile, I usually like his stuff.
That spammer was a waste of pixels though.
Yea, I feel like he is really trying to get to something in those talks.  Mr. Morphogenenic field plays umpire, Ralph pitches and Terrence hits.  (Baseball is to me growing slightly more intelligible)

Cain

Quote from: Faust on May 13, 2015, 04:27:41 PM
Good luck, hope you get the job in Oxford, I was there at the weekend, its lovely.

Yeah, I quite like Oxford, even if it is a bit "London commuter belt"-y at times.  Other contenders are in Surrey, Somerset and Malaysia.

Quote from: MMIX on May 13, 2015, 05:26:42 PM
I hope that this is through choice, not necessity. Also Good Hunting!

Well, I think working for someone who is not a compete dildo is a necessity, but apparently, the so-called Human Rights Court in Europe disagrees. :(  And thanks.

Quote from: Xaz on May 13, 2015, 04:42:09 PM
Good luck. What kind of jobs are you searching for?

Bit of a mix.  Boarding house work is good because then I don't have to worry about rent/accomodation/daily travel costs....but I'm also considering research posts and similar with universities, private think tanks etc (even though those are highly competitive, it's worth a shot).

Doktor Howl

Well, the weasels hammerhead sharks are in the henhouse, here at work.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

The truth may or may not set you free, I am unqualified to judge.

But it certainly causes a ruckus.
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 13, 2015, 07:03:18 PM
Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 13, 2015, 05:58:54 PM

Very much this. And also what EOC said too.

Take it easy and remain free to commit deeds.

Thanks errybody!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on May 13, 2015, 11:13:03 PM
Can't wait to hear the details, Dok!

This situation needs its own series, albeit a short one.

But that will be written when the hurly-burly's done and the battle's lost and won.  As some old spag said.
Molon Lube

LMNO