News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

pc game review: rise of nations

Started by Horab Fibslager, September 11, 2004, 09:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slarti

oh man i just noticed your avatar, that's such a great movie. sure, we can do whatever. i prefer money maps, because they turn the game from a micromanagement game into an army building game.  i haven't played ZB or WWII in a while, but sure, lets play 'em. i added you to my MSN contacts list and my AIM buddy list (MSN: daegil@hotmail.com , AIM: jabberw0cky42) on the off-chance that you use them.

~~~~Closed~~~~

I suffer from the same syndrome as Horab, I need to find my starcraft CD, dust off my archaic skills...I call it FSCSD syndrome (forgotten starcraft skills and disk)

*hasn't played SC in 4 years*
*is still playing tribes...*

Tribes rules, If I had a copy of that game, I would be playing it right now.

Horab Fibslager

i thought abotu d/ling it since it's availble free from fileplanet, but was like, naw, tribes 2 was boring, tribes 1 has got to be more of the same.

on the other hand tribes vengeance demo is pretty sweet.

i'm still loking for my disk.
Hell is other people.

~~~~Closed~~~~

Quote from: Z¬?Tribes rules, If I had a copy of that game, I would be playing it right now.

http://www.ozforcesfiles.com/index.php?action=file&id=1631
for those of us unwilling to deal with fileplanet.

note: your still going to have to find the patch on your own.
------

on another note, Vengance is looking pretty good, I don't like the lack of packs though...

~~~~Closed~~~~

Quote from: horab fibslageri thought abotu d/ling it since it's availble free from fileplanet, but was like, naw, tribes 2 was boring, tribes 1 has got to be more of the same.

on the other hand tribes vengeance demo is pretty sweet.

i'm still loking for my disk.

actually, Tribes 2 has a somewhat different system than tribes.

and Tribes has tons of mods, everything from the low level mods which only add a few new weapons and armors, to mods that give everyone infinite ammo/ jets and super weapons galore, even a paintball mod.

sure the graphics are outdated as hell..but the gameplay is solid.
--------

also, vengance plays more like tibes than it does tribes 2.

Horab Fibslager

yeah i figured it might. jetpacks were better and there was far less emphasis on 'skiing', tho teh level teh demo has is a small flat based(more or less) arena with no large hills.

i may check it out., as i'm not too worried about graphics. i'm playing ff7 right now in 640x480 resolution and it's grainy as hell.
Hell is other people.

eighteen buddha strike

Tribes was great. You could spend a whole match just running around your base repairing shit, and it would REWARD YOU FOR IT.

Wow, how novel is that. An FPS where you can play defense without harsh outcry of "STOP CAMPING U FAG". I dont even know where U FAG appears on the map, why would I be camping it?

~~~~Closed~~~~

Quote from: Eighteen Buddha StrikeTribes was great. You could spend a whole match just running around your base repairing shit, and it would REWARD YOU FOR IT.

Wow, how novel is that. An FPS where you can play defense without harsh outcry of "STOP CAMPING U FAG". I dont even know where U FAG appears on the map, why would I be camping it?

with all those base rapers running/flying around you'd have to play D' just so you wouldn't die when you respawn.