News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

President Obama sings the Greatest Hits of the GWB administration.

Started by AFK, June 17, 2009, 01:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Pffff.
You guys can ditch on my opinion all you want. It isn't gonna change.

Obama doesn't scare me.
To me, he's like a tooth fairy.
You have to give a little to get something back.
Personally I think he's is too arrogant to be easily persuaded by assholes.

You want a scary boogie man? Fucking Cheney.
That man scares the fucking shit out of me. I'd like his breaker to blow and his lights to just go out.   

Now I guess I'll go fuck off with my not caring about what dick head is visiting the president today.

Adios

I'm with squid on this one in a way.
There is a much bigger picture and many badwrong things have been reversed. Is there plenty of room for more improvement? Damn skippy. Do I agree with everything he has done? Hell no.
It hasn't even been a year yet.

Suu

Quote from: Squid on June 19, 2009, 03:05:54 AM
Pffff.

Obama doesn't scare me.

That man scares the fucking shit out of me. I'd like his breaker to blow and his lights to just go out.   

Now I guess I'll go fuck off with my not caring about what dick head is visiting the president today.

I'm still with you. Whatever. The man is far from perfect, but I don't think anyone here can agree that any president we've had during our lifetimes was actually 100% pure awesome and flawless.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Adios

Quote from: Suu on June 19, 2009, 03:15:15 AM
Quote from: Squid on June 19, 2009, 03:05:54 AM
Pffff.

Obama doesn't scare me.

I'm still with you. Whatever. The man is far from perfect, but I don't think anyone here can agree that any president we've had during our lifetimes was actually 100% pure awesome and flawless.

No kidding. Just imagine McCain in office.

Sir Squid Diddimus

:x  I wanna go home!

That's how imagining that makes me feel.

He's not perfect, but he's better than what we had. And at least he's trying.

Jenne

Quote from: Squid on June 19, 2009, 04:08:27 AM
:x  I wanna go home!

That's how imagining that makes me feel.

He's not perfect, but he's better than what we had. And at least he's trying.

You are right with that--except...I'm getting the impression that he's SAYING he's trying but not really doing it...does that make sense?

Sir Squid Diddimus

It makes sense, but I see him trying (even if he fumbles) more so than I see him saying it.

I know where you're coming from, and I do see what you're saying, but..
There's a part of me that thinks this guy really really wants to do some good, even if he isn't very good at it. ?  Know what I mean?
Boy this is hard to explain.

O.k. - it's like he just mopped the floor and then tracked dirt in a spot and then left it.

:?

Jenne

I do...I do know.  Because I have a lot of hope in me too.  I just get tired of being knocked down OUTTA that hope.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Jenne

I haven't gone through the whole of www.thepaincomics.com, but I get the sense that he's sort of on the same path.  I haven't got through this year's yet to see how the whole Obama thing is hitting him...but he seems the kind of satirical political comic that would "get it."  Without being an Obamite sycophant.

Jenne

DISCLAIMER:  But I could be wrong.  Dude went on vacation almost as soon as Obama hit the White House...so we'll see.

the last yatto

Who gives a fuck who visits the White House?
indeed something about freedom of assembly>
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit