News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 14, 2015, 01:33:39 AM
It would be really cool if I could sleep.   :kingmeh:

The Reverend hath murthered sleep and so Howl shall sleep no more. Roger shall sleep no more.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 14, 2015, 01:54:52 AM

The Reverend hath murthered sleep and so Howl shall sleep no more. Roger shall sleep no more.

In another 3 hours, I'll break the Holy™ barrier.

Grab your asses, puny humans.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 14, 2015, 02:32:46 AM

Well that explains why my pance stopped fitting suddenly.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on April 14, 2015, 02:38:55 AM

That's only the beginning.  I just shattered my underpance.

I don't even WEAR underpance.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 14, 2015, 02:41:49 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on April 14, 2015, 02:38:55 AM

That's only the beginning.  I just shattered my underpance.

I don't even WEAR underpance.

That explains the smell of burning glass.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 13, 2015, 11:33:15 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 13, 2015, 09:19:16 PM
It's so freaking huge you have to, just to see everything.

I've been putting off, so my gameplay will be blind after some point (blind is more fun, IMO).

Plot any good? To be honest I got through a few of the other DA videos you did and the plot just wasn't grabbing me at all. POE has raised the bar for writing again somewhat and I've not got particularly high hopes for the next torment, more on a gut feeling than anything.

It starts off a lot more quickly than the first game.  This has its good and bad points.  Lots of stuff involving the Inquisition as a group is resolved pretty quickly, and the main enemy is revealed at the end of the first major act.

Problems are: it's essentially a sequel to Dragon Age 2.  Makes sense, since Dragon Age 2 was intended to be a much smaller game, before EA changed their mind.  Villain was introduced in a DA2 DLC...so people who never played that have no idea who he is.  Problems maintaining tension in an open world format - you basically never feel rushed to do anything.  Lots of busywork minor quests - collecting pelts, finding shards, picking flowers etc.

Character writing is good, as you'd expect from Bioware. Freddie Prinze Jr does some actual acting, which is worth seeing (or listening to), LGBT issues handled sensitively, romances are said to be excellent.  Plot writing...less so.  Very good twist at the end though, if you know anything about the lore.  I do like the idea of Inquisition though...that eventually, when the world goes to shit enough, people start pushing back.  Kinda uplifting, considering current world events.  Song time is terrible though, should have been banned.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 13, 2015, 03:34:34 AM
Quote from: Metal Bear on April 12, 2015, 09:33:50 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 12, 2015, 07:35:50 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 12, 2015, 07:16:21 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 12, 2015, 07:01:12 AM
Next week, I go on what will probably be the last Science Gestapo trip, as I will probably be leaving for another company in a few weeks.

I will of course tell the tale here, under the 21C Man series.

Congratulations (?)

It's one of those times when you congratulate the pilot of a fighter for managing to eject in one piece.

"Congratulations for making the best of a bad situtuation."

Jenn, on the other hand, is thrilled.  I won't be out of town 8-10 days a month.

Sweet, that means more buttsex.

You're so Goddamn romantic, Bearman.   :lol:

I only have 11 more years before my dick becomes worthless.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I know this sounds dumb but I just thought I would ask if you've tried melatonin, given that your natural production may be fried. You have to take a surprisingly small dose (for me 3mg, for you probably twice that) and immediately turn off the light and lie down. It either works within 10 minutes or it doesn't.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I've always been interested in trying melatonin, but unfortunately it's banned in the UK (last time I checked, anyway).  Which is pretty humorous, when you think about it. 

I have had some success with "herbal" over the counter sleep aids, which have some benefits on actual sleeping pills, such as virtually no side effects.  However, I'm not sure how helpful they would be in your case, Roger.  They're fairly light - you feel drowsy for half an hour, which helps you drop off to sleep if you're determined to do so.  But you can resist the effects by force of will, and depending on how exactly your brain has been affected, they may be of absolutely no use at all.

Doktor Howl

So, Lillie has decided that I have to move my office to the main building because the converted lab that has been my office for 7.5 years is larger than her office.

I'm okay with this, because my guys have to see me for approvals, etc, and they can track their boots across the new carpet.
Molon Lube

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Cain on April 14, 2015, 03:40:28 AM

I've been putting off, so my gameplay will be blind after some point (blind is more fun, IMO).

Plot any good? To be honest I got through a few of the other DA videos you did and the plot just wasn't grabbing me at all. POE has raised the bar for writing again somewhat and I've not got particularly high hopes for the next torment, more on a gut feeling than anything.

It starts off a lot more quickly than the first game.  This has its good and bad points.  Lots of stuff involving the Inquisition as a group is resolved pretty quickly, and the main enemy is revealed at the end of the first major act.

Problems are: it's essentially a sequel to Dragon Age 2.  Makes sense, since Dragon Age 2 was intended to be a much smaller game, before EA changed their mind.  Villain was introduced in a DA2 DLC...so people who never played that have no idea who he is.  Problems maintaining tension in an open world format - you basically never feel rushed to do anything.  Lots of busywork minor quests - collecting pelts, finding shards, picking flowers etc.

Character writing is good, as you'd expect from Bioware. Freddie Prinze Jr does some actual acting, which is worth seeing (or listening to), LGBT issues handled sensitively, romances are said to be excellent.  Plot writing...less so.  Very good twist at the end though, if you know anything about the lore.  I do like the idea of Inquisition though...that eventually, when the world goes to shit enough, people start pushing back.  Kinda uplifting, considering current world events.  Song time is terrible though, should have been banned.

Just finished up the first act and....OMG that singing part. Why?! A hundred times WHY?! I did actually LOL when they showed the close-up of Cullen singing though, so I guess there's that. I had played the DLC for DA2 that included the main villain, but didn't even make the connection until you mentioned it now (it has been a while though).

I am enjoying it though. Combat took some adjusting to, especially since I'm on console. While I was/am slightly annoyed at the potion cap, both in the amount able to be carried and the limit on types each member can carry, I suppose it is more realistic. Gets a bit overwhelming/scattered feeling due to the amount of side quests, collections, etc., so the main quest doesn't feel as hurried, as you mentioned.

Could not figure out how to import the specs from my previous two games, which was kind of frustrating since I replayed both for that specific purpose. But I chalk it up to it being somehow more difficult because I'm on a console, and I admit at the time I started playing, I was a bit impatient to spend much more time on trying to figure it out.

Either way, still having fun with it.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 14, 2015, 05:56:03 PM
So, Lillie has decided that I have to move my office to the main building because the converted lab that has been my office for 7.5 years is larger than her office.

I'm okay with this, because my guys have to see me for approvals, etc, and they can track their boots across the new carpet.

What petty bullshit. She almost makes me believe in a Just World, being stuck with you and all.

Cain

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on April 14, 2015, 05:57:12 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 14, 2015, 03:40:28 AM

Just finished up the first act and....OMG that singing part. Why?! A hundred times WHY?! I did actually LOL when they showed the close-up of Cullen singing though, so I guess there's that. I had played the DLC for DA2 that included the main villain, but didn't even make the connection until you mentioned it now (it has been a while though).

I am enjoying it though. Combat took some adjusting to, especially since I'm on console. While I was/am slightly annoyed at the potion cap, both in the amount able to be carried and the limit on types each member can carry, I suppose it is more realistic. Gets a bit overwhelming/scattered feeling due to the amount of side quests, collections, etc., so the main quest doesn't feel as hurried, as you mentioned.

Could not figure out how to import the specs from my previous two games, which was kind of frustrating since I replayed both for that specific purpose. But I chalk it up to it being somehow more difficult because I'm on a console, and I admit at the time I started playing, I was a bit impatient to spend much more time on trying to figure it out.

Either way, still having fun with it.

Former saves are imported by use of Dragon Age Keep.  You sign up to the site under your XBox Live/PSN/Origin username, enter in the correct worldstate and then upload it.

Bioware have always struggled with difficult combat.  The artificial health potition scarcity might make a difference...if you couldn't just fast travel to any camp and get replenished.  Guard and barrier are good ideas though.  Shame they basically ruined the tactical menu, however, that was very disappointing. 

In Your Heart Shall Burn was a great quest, with a great conclusion.  The assault on Haven is very well done, IMO.  All the large storyline quests, as far as I can tell or have heard, have pretty good denouements, as do some of the personal companion quests.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 14, 2015, 06:04:07 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 14, 2015, 05:56:03 PM

What petty bullshit. She almost makes me believe in a Just World, being stuck with you and all.

We have an ISO audit on Thursday, for which I shall not be present.

I am "preparing" for it right now.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I have just been informed that nobody beneath the rank of salaried supervisor shall have chairs with armrests.

I am not kidding.  I have been directed to purchase chairs without armrests to replace any such chairs in my department that are not used by me.

I responded affirmatively, and accidentally copied everyone in the North American system.
Molon Lube