News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

I just want to let you fuckurz know

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 19, 2014, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on September 23, 2014, 04:34:47 AM
Quote from: Your Mom on September 19, 2014, 07:35:02 PM
...that in Portland, there is a store that sells frisbees.

JUST frisbees.

:crankey:

And don't forget the juggling, unicycle, and slack-rope store. Clowning supplies.

The funniest thing about Portlandia is that it's non-fiction.

You know, I don't talk about those stores because I'm trying to retain SOME dignity for this town. C'mon man, help me out.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fucking unicycle stores. Fuck your fucking growing empire, I hate you and all your unicycling spawn.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

There was a yo-yo store next to the restaurant I went to in Concord, NH a few weeks ago.

They were selling $200 yo-yos.   :sad:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on September 23, 2014, 04:34:47 AM

The funniest thing about Portlandia is that it's non-fiction.

I may have to steal that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Your Mom on September 23, 2014, 07:52:56 PM
Fucking unicycle stores. Fuck your fucking growing empire, I hate you and all your unicycling spawn.

There is a plus side to this.

A society that can support UNICYCLE STORES ( :lulz: ) is a society that can do damn near anything.  Can do.  Might not do, but can do.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 23, 2014, 08:23:29 PM

There is a plus side to this.

A society that can support UNICYCLE STORES ( :lulz: ) is a society that can do damn near anything.  Can do.  Might not do, but can do.

OK. I kind of have no choice but to grant you that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 23, 2014, 07:58:37 PM
There was a yo-yo store next to the restaurant I went to in Concord, NH a few weeks ago.

They were selling $200 yo-yos.   :sad:

BURN IT.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on September 23, 2014, 09:44:41 AM
Quote from: Your Mom on September 23, 2014, 12:47:42 AM
Quote from: Emo Howard on September 22, 2014, 08:15:15 PM
We have a store that just sells popcorn. Caramel popcorn, Sriracha popcorn, pumpkin spice popcorn, etc...

This isn't a mall kiosk, either. It's a full store just off the main square. My theory is that it's a front operation for laundering drug money or something.

I thought that was a thing everywhere? Portland has six or seven popcorn stores, including one called (cringingly) "Poplandia".

Really? It's only been a thing here for, I dunno, a few months. I never thought it would work. I had no idea it was even a thing.

What about baked potatoes? Do you have places that just sell baked potatoes? We had one in the mall in my home town when I was little. I ate there once and was violently ill all night. I blame the mushrooms.

McGregor's Garden, downtown. Soooo good. 30 years ago that was the first one, I think there are others now.

I would love a baked potato right now.

Bruno

Quote from: Your Mom on September 23, 2014, 08:40:39 PM
We have a store that just sells popcorn. Caramel popcorn, Sriracha popcorn, pumpkin spice popcorn, etc...

This isn't a mall kiosk, either. It's a full store just off the main square. My theory is that it's a front operation for laundering drug money or something.

I thought that was a thing everywhere? Portland has six or seven popcorn stores, including one called (cringingly) "Poplandia".

Really? It's only been a thing here for, I dunno, a few months. I never thought it would work. I had no idea it was even a thing.

What about baked potatoes? Do you have places that just sell baked potatoes? We had one in the mall in my home town when I was little. I ate there once and was violently ill all night. I blame the mushrooms.

McGregor's Garden, downtown. Soooo good. 30 years ago that was the first one, I think there are others now.

Apparently, it's hard to come up with a silly food based business that only sells one kind of food. Who could have guessed that boiled, extruded wheat product would support an entire genera of restaurants.

Ooo! How about an apple store that sells actual apples?
Formerly something else...

hooplala

Quote from: Emo Howard on September 24, 2014, 08:44:08 AM
Quote from: Your Mom on September 23, 2014, 08:40:39 PM

Apparently, it's hard to come up with a silly food based business that only sells one kind of food. Who could have guessed that boiled, extruded wheat product would support an entire genera of restaurants.

Ooo! How about an apple store that sells actual apples?

Relevant:

http://youtu.be/KMCHDeTTeJE
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

It is dignified. So dignified!

You know what's not dignified? Slogging through aisle after aisle of Washing Machines, TV's, and Cassette Tapes to get to the Uni-goods section of your local department store, only to find out they don't even carry the brand of giraffe extension kit* that fits your uni, THAT'S undignified!

*It's a real thing. I looked it up.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on September 24, 2014, 03:37:29 PM

It is dignified. So dignified!

You know what's not dignified? Slogging through aisle after aisle of Washing Machines, TV's, and Cassette Tapes to get to the Uni-goods section of your local department store, only to find out they don't even carry the brand of giraffe extension kit* that fits your uni, THAT'S undignified!

*It's a real thing. I looked it up.

:lol: