News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Burn the motherfucker down.

Started by Pæs, October 25, 2013, 10:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

So what, Suzie? These treacherous Discordians advertised a culture in which every spag and his mother are aware of monkey politics and playfully dance around them? "Oh, ho!" you cried, "I think what's happening here is a failure to communicate caused by a deliberately antagonistic delivery of an otherwise discussable idea followed by a plausibly deniable refusal to define terms, all carefully wrapped in a hostile package of board history and predictable tropes designed to invoke the failures of the past to derail the conversations of the future". "Shut up, holist" the board resounds. LE GASP. You've hit a wall.

Did Dirty Old Uncle Ratbag sell you on the "be a biped" bit and now you're spluttering between sobbing breaths "I d.. d.. don't come here to be insulted. I T... THOUGHT THIS PLACE WAS DIFFERENT."

WELL, STRAIGHTEN YOUR MONOCLE AND RETRACT YOUR PINKY, BERNARD. That "higher level of discussion" you keep expecting of this place is your responsibility too. AND SOMETIMES (here's the kicker) the humans at the other end of the internet aren't going to be in a position to deliver your Daily Discorja: Just The Way You Like It.

Has the WOMP Cabal sourced an image of your enflamed buttocks and fabricated evidence of your using said buttocks to twerk against Obama at the VMAs?

Has SOMEBODY WRONGED YOU?

Well, you know what to do, Billy-boy. Unhinge your jaw and reach back into your throat, right back down the tube, deep into the simmering bile-sac where you've been storing minor sleights and uncage l'esprit_de_l'escalier, throwing out every parting shot you ever missed a chance to hurt your fellows with. Because they shouldn't have fucked with you, should they?  Nigel shouldn't have Nigelled AND HOW WERE YOU TO KNOW YOU WEREN'T ALLOWED TO CURSE NIGEL AND UNCLE R IN THE SAME BREATH? Oh, no. These Discordians don't know who they're dealing with. You've got an amazing capacity to destroy which, while kept restrained for the most, you're secretly very proud of. You were 'the crazy kid' at high-school so nobody would fuck with you.

Now's your chance. Burn the motherfucker down. Drink gasoline and then piss all over the bridge before you burn it.

Burn the motherfucker down, SHIT YOUR HATE and GET IT ALL OUT IN THE OPEN. Or don't and let it continue to fester and colour your experience of the board and instead of going out in a blaze of glory you can just sit here until necessity dictates that the board categories are limited to "YELL ABOUT DRUGS", "POST POLITICAL NEWS YOU FOUND ON FACEBOOK AND/OR FEEL SMUG ABOUT NOT BUYING INTO THAT SHIT".

Just hit capslock, son, and get it all out of your system. Fight the power.
Or alternatively you can invest a buttload of faith into your own metacognitive ability, superficially declare "I AM RIGHT BECAUSE I ACCEPT THAT I MAY BE WRONG" and wear the damn uniform like the rest of us.

FUCK.

Pæs

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OH FUCK YES

And some of this good advice is something that I need to apply to my own inflamed monkey buttocks, perhaps as early as right now.  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dildo Argentino

Well done, Paes!

See the thing is, though, unlike most of the people who revealed a bit of their history with PD in 'Damn You All', I came here at over forty. When you are that OldTM, you're kind of set in your ways... the notions I encountered didn't come as revelations and didn't change my life... they simply felt like home. But, on the other hand, at that time (about two years now!), I was still quite seriously opaque to myself. Hence the failure of the UK project with all the sufferation. When I came back, I went into therapy (not for the first time, but with significantly more resolve this time). About a month ago there was a breakthrough. I am now somewhat less opaque to myself.

So when, after a lovely experience of homecoming, I began to mouth off immediately about the subject I thought would be the most controversial one here, and encountered the combative, even pugnacious style of discussion that many people here choose to cultivate, I got butthurt. Then I refused to admit this for a while. Then I did. Since then, as I think I said somewhere, I have been experimenting a bit with rejection (I hope Roger doesn't jump on me for this: for clarity, those were not "sociological experiments", but strictly experiments in emotional regulation, and let me take the opportunity now to thank all those that helped me with them one way or another).

Right now, I think when I come here, I am mostly in the company of people with whom I agree on around 70% of the important things. Which means I am among allies.

The frothing, eye-rolling, ranting thing: I can see the appeal and really enjoy reading the good ones, but they are not for me. I used to be a pretty easily angered guy, but I gave that up. These days, I rarely get all that angry. When I do, 'talking to them' is usually not on the agenda. I'm with Pent there: a put-down is best served cold. (And I don't mean generally, this, I guess, is a statement about my style in communication, not normative in the least.)
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Dildo Argentino

Also, I think it should be 'busload of faith', for pious reasons.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis