Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Common TGRR aphorisms:

IT'S NOT MY FAULT!
It could have happened to anyone, really.
Nobody go in the kitchen for like 10 years, okay?
I'M OKAY WITH THAT! (about something that is clearly not okay)
Underwear is an indication that you aren't really serious about having a good time.
A hornet in the shorts is worth AAAAAAFUCKFUCKFUCK
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 08:27:32 PM
I'm paying for an ad for it just for shits and giggles, and the best part is that so far 77 people have seen the ad. :lulz: This makes me laugh hysterically. No wait; that's not the best part. THE BEST PART, I MEAN OH MY GOD I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING, is that when you pay to promote a page the posts from that page are occasionally inserted into targeted people's newsfeed.

This is wonderful. What's the cost of an ad? I have a marketing budget to abuse and finally a reason to bother with facebook.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Just checked the mail.

It's official. I am no longer making Satisfactory Academic Progress towards my history major.

Bad news, tuition's all out of pocket until I transfer.

Good news, I can officially let the cat out of the bag that I'm going into the sciences, switch my major, and accept my associates in history.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 08:31:41 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 08:30:25 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 08:29:57 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 08:27:32 PM
I'm paying for an ad for it just for shits and giggles, and the best part is that so far 77 people have seen the ad. :lulz: This makes me laugh hysterically. No wait; that's not the best part. THE BEST PART, I MEAN OH MY GOD I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING, is that when you pay to promote a page the posts from that page are occasionally inserted into targeted people's newsfeed.

HAHAHAHA!

I will have some deranged shit for you to quote by this evening.

Glorious! I am really enjoying my position as Pope of Roger.

Quote from: TGRRWhy is it that when a baby is born with its feet where its hands belong, it's a "miracle baby", but if I get my dick stuck in a desk drawer, I'm some kind of asshole?

:lulz: Oh yes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh, Twidsister graduated from high school yesterday. All of the Twiddletons have graduated, and she graduated from the high school that I transferred out of for senior year, thus making her the last Twiddleton in probably a few centuries to get a diploma written entirely in Latin.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 08:36:10 PM
Common TGRR aphorisms:

IT'S NOT MY FAULT!
Underwear is an indication that you aren't really serious about having a good time.

Forgot:

Sorry, I didn't catch that, I was staring at your tits.  ---> Usually said to TGRRW to get out of trouble for the kitchen thing.
I already farted for you, what the hell do you WANT from me?
You People MAKE NO SENSE
SHUT UP

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 09, 2014, 08:37:36 PM
Just checked the mail.

It's official. I am no longer making Satisfactory Academic Progress towards my history major.

Good news, I can officially let the cat out of the bag that I'm going into the sciences, switch my major, and accept my associates in history.

Congratulations!

Bummer about the out-of-pocket, though. Does this mean you're going to transfer earlier and finish your science prereqs at the university?

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 08:59:43 PM
Common TGRR aphorisms:

IT'S NOT MY FAULT!

Forgot:

Sorry, I didn't catch that, I was staring at your tits.  ---> Usually said to TGRRW to get out of trouble for the kitchen thing.
You People MAKE NO SENSE
SHUT UP

:lulz: These need their own thread. I'm gonna make one, so that I can just nab from there when the urge to update strikes me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 09:02:59 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 08:59:43 PM
Common TGRR aphorisms:

IT'S NOT MY FAULT!

Forgot:

You People MAKE NO SENSE
SHUT UP

:lulz: These need their own thread. I'm gonna make one, so that I can just nab from there when the urge to update strikes me.

Woot!  I'll go digging for older shit.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 09:01:29 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 09, 2014, 08:37:36 PM
Just checked the mail.

Congratulations!

Bummer about the out-of-pocket, though. Does this mean you're going to transfer earlier and finish your science prereqs at the university?

No- I'm going to probably need a year to get ready to transfer anyway, and if I'm going to pay out of pocket, it's better to do it at a 2 year. I also get tuition remission through work (about a grand per calendar year, if I recall), and I become eligible for financial aid again when I transfer. It sucks, but remaining at BHCC for a year has some benefits, and I'm already scheduled full time for fall anyway.

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm also close enough to BHCC to walk there in 20 minutes, and I have no intention of moving until I do transfer, at which point, I'll revisit the idea. The original thought is that Villager and I would figure something out and live near UMass (she's not far from there right now), but she's also applying for historically relevant jobs as far north as Salem and as far south as Plymouth, at which point, one of us would be inconvenienced commute-wise if we lived together.

Oh, and on that front, she's not opposed to having kids, she just thinks that I won't be done being schooled in time for it to be biologically feasible.

Pæs

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 03:41:11 PM
hxxp://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=ustx&c=trads&id=6325

Is there anything funnier than white people practicing voodoo?

White people in the costume of a people forced to practice their religion in secret by white oppressors only to have their religion appropriated by descendants of white oppressors practicing shallow imitation of religion of ANOTHER people forced to practice their religion in secret.

WOO. WHAT DO I WIN?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 09, 2014, 09:10:40 PM
I'm also close enough to BHCC to walk there in 20 minutes, and I have no intention of moving until I do transfer, at which point, I'll revisit the idea. The original thought is that Villager and I would figure something out and live near UMass (she's not far from there right now), but she's also applying for historically relevant jobs as far north as Salem and as far south as Plymouth, at which point, one of us would be inconvenienced commute-wise if we lived together.

Oh, and on that front, she's not opposed to having kids, she just thinks that I won't be done being schooled in time for it to be biologically feasible.

Hmmm... not even done with your undergrad? I mean, a graduate stipend won't be a lot, but people do it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on June 09, 2014, 09:26:10 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 03:41:11 PM
hxxp://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=ustx&c=trads&id=6325

Is there anything funnier than white people practicing voodoo?

White people in the costume of a people forced to practice their religion in secret by white oppressors only to have their religion appropriated by descendants of white oppressors practicing shallow imitation of religion of ANOTHER people forced to practice their religion in secret.

WOO. WHAT DO I WIN?

Holy shit!  :lulz:

UB

*Confused*

Geeze. And I even have my own drink this time.

Im suspicious.  When the thread was titled "Bar"... it apparently meant freelancing attorney gathering.  :p
Within the grip of Err.... some are fucked in the head by a fist of fire.