News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

Why I Am an Anti-archist

Started by Rev. Stu Holbrook, June 02, 2014, 06:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

The most pineal guy in the room.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

hooplala

My main problem with this jackass is that he's boring.  That's nigh unforgivable. 
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on June 03, 2014, 07:05:25 AM
I am going to guess that the self-declared prophet Stu Holbrook (who borrowed his name from an esteemed Oregon journalist) has a limited knowledge of the prophets who have preceded him... or maybe doesn't give a fuck, because they ain't about his shit.

I'm gonna say that I was the same way, back when I got started on this board in 2002/2003. 

But the people here at the time I started WERE easily impressed (except Vince).  When Cain and others joined shortly afterward, I wasn't allowed to be so lazy anymore.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Rev. Stu Holbrook

Thank-you all for reading my article, your feedback has been duly noted.
Keen insight, it is indeed true the article has no point. Just as a point is a location in space, without space there can be no point. This article was intended to create space - others have made points. Point one, not everyone agrees that we live in an increasingly Orwellian hellscape, that the quality of life for most people is deteriorating - okay. Point two the experiences in my life, hanging around with Leftists, for example, can be deemed "the problem"- thanks for that tidbit. Point three, quite a robust use of the quote function. Also, Rev. Stupid has a ring to it, a kindergarten ring but a ring none the less. (I may someday find the need to hide behind a pseudonym, if so, I will pick up the moniker. It is more accessible than Stucifer.)
Context may help Discordians get the non-existent point. The piece was originally a sermon delivered in my church. (Perhaps read it out loud with feeling.) Afterwards we discussed emergent religion and the nature of the Left. Think Monty Python's Life of Brian.- The People's front of Judea not the Judean People's Front - Follow the shoe, no follow the gourd.
The second use of Bring It was in print, with other self-serving pontification (propaganda) and dark humor, it was distributed on Mayday to members of various cliques.

Rev. Stu
May the Divine light shine upon you and within you today and all the days of your life.
All power to the people!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. Stu Holbrook on June 03, 2014, 05:21:23 PM
Thank-you all for reading my article, you're feedback has been duly noted.

Somewhere, the Queen of England is crying big sloppy tears into her purse.

Quote from: Rev. Stu Holbrook on June 03, 2014, 05:21:23 PMKeen insight, it is indeed true the article has no point. Just as a point is a location in space, without space there can be no point. This article was intended to create space - others have made points.

You wouldn't happen to be Yoko Ono posting incognito, would you?

Quote from: Rev. Stu Holbrook on June 03, 2014, 05:21:23 PMPoint one, not everyone agrees that we live in an increasingly Orwellian hellscape, that the quality of life for most people is deteriorating - okay. Point two the experiences in my life, hanging around with Leftists, for example, can be deemed "the problem"- thanks for that tidbit. Point three, quite a robust use of the quote function. Also, Rev. Stupid has a ring to it, a kindergarten ring but a ring none the less. (I may someday find the need to hide behind a pseudonym, if so, I will pick up the moniker. It is more accessible than Stucifer.)
Context may help Discordians get the non-existent point. The piece was originally a sermon delivered in my church. (Perhaps read it out loud with feeling.) Afterwards we discussed emergent religion and the nature of the Left. Think Monty Python's Life of Brian.- The People's front of Judea not the Judean People's Front - Follow the shoe, no follow the gourd.
The second use of Bring It was in print, with other self-serving pontification (propaganda) and dark humor, it was distributed on Mayday to members of various cliques.

Reading something loudly, with feeling, that doesn't actually SAY anything does indeed have precedent (cf: President George W Bush).

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 03, 2014, 05:31:41 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on June 03, 2014, 07:08:41 AM

I don't think we're being quite fair.  He seems to have some misguided ideas as to what we're all about.

Though I am more than likely to be horribly disappointed with how all of this will go, I should probably say the following:

Rev Stu, would you like to know why things aren't going well?

Rev. Stu Holbrook

Good Reverend Roger- my initial response was - do we have enough time and energy to adequately address "what is not going well?" however my next response was that "going well" vs. "not going well" is a perception and a manifestation of an individual's relationship to reality.
I am now reminded of Ken Kesey, to paraphrase, we are working on a lot of levels here.
I accept Carl Jung's view that for humans to be sane balanced and productive they need exhibit three realms: the physical, body; the mental, consciousness and the spiritual, soul. These need be integrated, reified and ritually purified for the individual to reach their potential and to empower their soul.
Ultimately - hell yes I want you to tell me why things aren't going well!!!
(You're opinion matters, your wise.)  :roll:
Rev. Stu
May the Divine light shine upon you and within you today and all the days of your life.
All power to the people!

Junkenstein

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 03, 2014, 05:31:41 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on June 03, 2014, 07:08:41 AM

For you, dumbass. He was asking if you wanted to know why you're being treated in the same way people treat their shoe after stepping in something. You either didn't understand that or chose to misinterpret him. Both of these have similar results in which you appear to be a blithering cretin so your intention is somewhat moot.

Pæs

Quote from: Rev. Stu Holbrook on June 03, 2014, 06:23:26 PM

I accept Carl Jung's view that for humans to be sane balanced and productive they need exhibit three realms: the physical, body; the mental, consciousness and the spiritual, soul.
I count six realms. You and Jung are liars.

Rev. Stu Holbrook

Junkenstein -My reception here has been as anticipated, I am not a stranger to this site.  :fnord:
Uncle Al wrote, "All words are lies." - the map is not the terrain. I prefer to lie like Carl Jung than lie like a rug.  :)
Rev. Stu
All power to the people!

Junkenstein

I give up. Enjoy being zany in a world full of people who just don't get you.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't suppose you're a member of the Cacophony Society, or perhaps involved in the local Burner community, are you? Have I seen you at Woozday? Friend of Rich Mackin? Something is ringing a bell, though it could just be you being pretentious in my neighborhood.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Rev. Stu Holbrook

Junkenstein, Don't give up now we have our feet in Mundania, the fun shit starts when we discuss theology.  :argh!: Perhaps you are psychic and know what I am thinking, fnord clique o' the cranky  fnord clique o' the cranky  fnord clique o' the cranky  fnord clique o' the cranky  fnord clique o' the cranky.
All Father Nigel, with over 569,000 comments on line - you likely spend too much time in your virtual neighborhood to know what is going on in your actual neighborhood. (Newbies - See thread re: Why I Am Not an Anarchist to discover what the fuck we are talking about here.) (4Q AFN I am not a genius or a racist and the ringing in your ears does not concern me )
Rev. Stu
All power to the people!