News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

But it's a dry heat, Roger.

Started by Suu, June 20, 2016, 09:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: SuuCal on June 25, 2016, 03:40:07 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on June 25, 2016, 03:37:39 AM
Quote from: SuuCal on June 25, 2016, 03:35:47 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on June 25, 2016, 03:15:08 AM
Quote from: SuuCal on June 25, 2016, 03:12:15 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on June 25, 2016, 03:03:32 AM
Quote from: SuuCal on June 25, 2016, 02:59:35 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on June 25, 2016, 02:14:00 AM
Now all I'm thinking about is Tube Navy, Boat Navy, and Bird Navy.

And it just hit me that you're trapped in Caid, in Calafia. The suffering.

TUBE NAVY.

I've already had a lovely time with some members out here, but I don't remember how long ago it was since you played.

I just realized it's been almost a decade since I lived in California.

Oops? Were you stationed here?

Also, a third of San Diego County is on fire right now. My asthma is displeased.

I grew in SoCal. And California bursts into flames at least once a year. My home town is getting smoked out by the fires near Bakersfield.

I have to admit, the ambivalence regarding the fires is sort of hilarious, and reminds me of hurricanes back east.

"Well, if we gotta evac, we gotta evac. Nothing we can do, and hopefully they'll contain it. Want a beer?"

Just wait until an earthquake happens.

Already had a 5.5. I slept right through it.

You've already adapted?

Suu

Quote from: Don Coyote on June 25, 2016, 03:46:23 AM

You've already adapted?

Evidently. It happened my first week here. I woke up to 19 texts from people back east like, "OMG YOU HAD AN EARTHQUAKE AND YOU AREN'T ONLINE YET ARE YOU DEAD?"

I woke up at 7am Pacific Time. 3 hours behind New England and Florida. And my friends and family just assumed that I was dead. From a 5 pointer.  :lulz:

I've been told death is only an issue if you go 7+.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Don Coyote

Quote from: SuuCal on June 25, 2016, 04:31:13 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on June 25, 2016, 03:46:23 AM

You've already adapted?

Evidently. It happened my first week here. I woke up to 19 texts from people back east like, "OMG YOU HAD AN EARTHQUAKE AND YOU AREN'T ONLINE YET ARE YOU DEAD?"

I woke up at 7am Pacific Time. 3 hours behind New England and Florida. And my friends and family just assumed that I was dead. From a 5 pointer.  :lulz:

I've been told death is only an issue if you go 7+.

Pretty much.