News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 15, 2015, 08:50:56 AM
Being a douchebag is also oddly satisfying.

Just putting it out there.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 15, 2015, 03:22:25 PM
SO MANY FANS!

Our main office flooded some time over the weekend. Sprinkler line (overhead) blew and by the time anyone noticed an inch of water had accumulated and it was starting to spill out of the front door and into the warehouse.

Recovery efforts have been underway. Fans and dryers. Loud, LOUD, fans and dryers. By Tuesday, everyone had decided that the smell and the noise were intolerable, so they moved to temporary digs at the other end of the main building...everyone except me.

I decided to stay because it was nice to have the office to myself (even if it meant that I was stuck here, instead of doing my main job out in the warehouse). Also, because of the noise and the solitude, I can sing as loud as I want anytime except when drivers are in front of me.

Today, though, there are at least five new big air-mover fans and another dryer. Things are blowing everywhere. The noise is AWESOME. I think I may run. 

Also, somehow the IRS must have known that all of our records and sech were up on pallets in various locations throughout the buildings...drying...because they showed up yesterday to do an inspection. When the inspector identified herself, I started laughing so hard. She was confused.

You know that all this makes you That Weird Guy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 15, 2015, 09:04:33 PM
So, as my change of avatar may indicate, I've been looking into more High Weirdness lately.  There's something about being in a run down, grimy building where I rarely see daylight that inclines me to disturbing and dangerous avenues of research.

For example, the Order of Nine Angels is claiming to have a militant spinoff, calling itself the Shugura Syndicate.  Given the ONA's own literature is not exactly shy on the topic of human sacrifice, you can imagine what a militant wing may feel about murder.

And I also found this interesting photodocumentary of a visit to the Sanatorium Wienerwald, a former "dumping ground" for the illegitimate mistresses and children of Nazi officials...illegitimate from a racial POV, of course.  The area around the sanatorium was also used to bury the bodies of the T-4 program which weeded out...undesirables from Greater Germany's prisons, hospitals and other state bodies.  Amazingly, the place was a successful business after the war until 2002, when it was shut down (due to money laundering by the owner).

Since then it has been abandoned.  Or "abandoned" rather.  Rather worrying rumours have sprung up about the place and the kind of people who frequent it.  Rumours of animal sacrifices and esoteric Nazism are not uncommon...and as the photos show, not without foundation. There is a LOT of blood around that building...and some of it is very fresh (days to hours old, depending on whether it is human or not).

Sleep well, PD.

Wow.

It seems like forensic investigators could have a field day there.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 15, 2015, 09:05:52 PM
I am a bad person for saying it is "a little heartless" to suggest protesters deserve to be killed for blocking highways.  :roll:

Obviously a more reasonable response would have been to declare that the people suggesting this deserve to be stripped naked, attacked by dogs, and then dragged through the streets until all their skin is gone.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

In other news, apparently the information that everyone who lives here needs to either go to school or get a job was enough impetus to stimulate Surprise Daughter to find somewhere to move to in March, because apparently the idea of getting a job or going to school os just TOO TERRIBLE.

It's her choice, but I'm disappointed and I don't think she's making a good decision. Still, it's hers to make.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 15, 2015, 06:01:23 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 15, 2015, 05:32:22 AM
The bad news:  Brain flukes.  I has them.

The REALLY GOOD NEWS:  They have faded to the point where I am merely disagreeable.

For now, or is it in full recession?

I was told it would fade or get worse over time.  It's been fading.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 16, 2015, 03:00:33 AM

The REALLY GOOD NEWS:  They have faded to the point where I am merely disagreeable.

Good news, man, happy for you.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on January 15, 2015, 09:04:33 PM
So, as my change of avatar may indicate, I've been looking into more High Weirdness lately.  There's something about being in a run down, grimy building where I rarely see daylight that inclines me to disturbing and dangerous avenues of research.

For example, the Order of Nine Angels is claiming to have a militant spinoff, calling itself the Shugura Syndicate.  Given the ONA's own literature is not exactly shy on the topic of human sacrifice, you can imagine what a militant wing may feel about murder.

And I also found this interesting photodocumentary of a visit to the Sanatorium Wienerwald, a former "dumping ground" for the illegitimate mistresses and children of Nazi officials...illegitimate from a racial POV, of course.  The area around the sanatorium was also used to bury the bodies of the T-4 program which weeded out...undesirables from Greater Germany's prisons, hospitals and other state bodies.  Amazingly, the place was a successful business after the war until 2002, when it was shut down (due to money laundering by the owner).

Since then it has been abandoned.  Or "abandoned" rather.  Rather worrying rumours have sprung up about the place and the kind of people who frequent it.  Rumours of animal sacrifices and esoteric Nazism are not uncommon...and as the photos show, not without foundation. There is a LOT of blood around that building...and some of it is very fresh (days to hours old, depending on whether it is human or not).

Sleep well, PD.

This is juicy. Please keep us updated on everything you find. And by "us", I mean me.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 16, 2015, 03:00:33 AM

Amazing news!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am apparently too old to get student pricing for my airfare to Borneo, despite actually BEING a student.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 16, 2015, 05:18:29 AM
I am apparently too old to get student pricing for my airfare to Borneo, despite actually BEING a student.

:crankey:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: N E T on January 16, 2015, 05:48:25 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 16, 2015, 05:18:29 AM

:crankey:

Yeah. :meh: I'm going to call them this weekend and see if I can convince them that they need to give me the student pricing. 'Cause that's bullshit.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Tonight on my ride home from work some asshole in oncoming traffic rolled down his window and yelled some dumb shit at me. It was so idiotic I couldn't quite parse it. I thought I heard him right, but I decided to check my helmet cam recording just to be sure after I got home. I turned out to hear him just fine. He yelled, "Turn off your fucking light off!" At night. In the fog. My headlamp was on its lowest setting.

I'm stunned and amazed that people like that actually exist.  :eek: I mean, I've had random fuckwads yell stuff like, "Yew shouldn't be in the shtreet!" while I'm standing over a turn lane sensor made specifically for bicycles that has a bicycle graphic painted on the road underneath me, but never something so staggeringly asinine both in terms of grammar and basic fucking common sense.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A