News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Space Shuttles officially given their new homes...

Started by Suu, April 12, 2011, 07:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Space Shuttle Atlantis: Kennedy Space Center, Florida

Space Shuttle Discovery: Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Washington, DC

Space Shuttle Endeavour: California Science Center, Los Angeles, CA

Space Shuttle Enterprise: USS Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum, New York, NY

FIELD TRIPS!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Luna

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on April 12, 2011, 07:02:45 PM
Space Shuttle Atlantis: Kennedy Space Center, Florida

Space Shuttle Discovery: Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Washington, DC

Space Shuttle Endeavour: California Science Center, Los Angeles, CA

Space Shuttle Enterprise: USS Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum, New York, NY

FIELD TRIPS!

Oh, yes, very yes.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Jenne

Oh fuck yeah!  Will be hitting the LA one with a stick soon!  Woohoo!  I also proposed a summer trip to Wash, DC and Williamsburg, VA (this IS the sesquicentennial of the Civil War...good year to go), so we could see that one, too, if it's already landed in its new spot.

Suu

Quote from: Jenne on April 12, 2011, 07:21:17 PM
Oh fuck yeah!  Will be hitting the LA one with a stick soon!  Woohoo!  I also proposed a summer trip to Wash, DC and Williamsburg, VA (this IS the sesquicentennial of the Civil War...good year to go), so we could see that one, too, if it's already landed in its new spot.

Shit, hit Gettysburg while you're at it. It's not too far out of the way.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on April 12, 2011, 07:32:15 PM
Quote from: Jenne on April 12, 2011, 07:21:17 PM

Shit, hit Gettysburg while you're at it. It's not too far out of the way.

Ooh, yeah, totally.  I'm thinking if we hit it in June, the weather might not be TOO shitty...but then I hit NOLA in July, so, yeah.  :lulz:

Suu

Jenne

:lulz:  Yeah, you wouldn't be too far away, huh?  Once I get it all planned out, I'll let fly if I have an evening to go up and visit folks.  That would be awesomesauce.  I did that when we went to Seattle a few years back and met my friend and author, Yasmine Galenorn.

I planted the seed in Himself's brain yesterday or today (disremember which), so we'll see if it takes root.

Suu

Actually, Boston/Providence/NYC are kind of their own region compared to the DC/Baltimore area. We're 5-6 hours from Gettysburg on a good day.

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Suu

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on April 12, 2011, 08:11:46 PM
What? Nothing for Huntsville?

:x

YOU HAVE YOUR SATURN V!

Same with Houston too, come to think of it.

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Bruno

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

(not that I've actually been there in the last twenty years or anything)
Formerly something else...

AFK

Call me crazy, but given incidents from the past, I think they should reserve announcing the final resting spots of the shuttles with remaining missions until they land safely back on Earth for the last time.  Seems like it might be tempting fate just a tad. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

Space Shuttle Challenger: About 3 miles off the coast of Cape Canaveral

Space Shuttle Columbia: Strewn across a fair chunk of Texas

...Okay, not cool, I know. But when I lived a 10 year fallout with Challenger, and then having to watch my dad burst into tears with Columbia, it's kinda fucking easy for me to make light of them blowing.

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on April 12, 2011, 08:11:46 PM
What? Nothing for Huntsville?

:x
This was my thought as well-Huntsville is a much shorter trip than Kennedy (closest of the four for me).
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)