News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

iTunes for Windows

Started by Rev. Dr. Narot, May 24, 2010, 11:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Dr. Narot

So a lot of other bullshit is bothering me now, but I like music a lot, and I have an iPod, and I've used Mac OS as well as Windows, I'm on Windows now, and this is my afternoon rant:

:argh!: iTunes for Windows :argh!:

It's pathetic that it sums itself up so well.
"The only person I hate more than you, is myself, asshole."

NotPublished

dude he's ragging out your cord..
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Brotep

• install alternate firmware on iPod
  • uninstall iTunes
  • install Foobar2000
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • ???
  • PROFIT

Rev. Dr. Narot

Quote from: Brotep on May 26, 2010, 11:44:54 PM

• uninstall iTunes
  • install Foobar2000
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • ???
  • PROFIT

Eh you forgot a couple steps:

1) Stop being lazy and pretending like you don't live on your PC.
5) Stop being anal about Last.Fm scrobbling idiocy
13) Tell the others

Its a bad software problem mixed with an idiot / masochistic user problem, thats for certain  :horrormirth:

Brotep

Quote from: Narot on May 27, 2010, 01:16:02 AM
Quote from: Brotep on May 26, 2010, 11:44:54 PM

• uninstall iTunes
  • install Foobar2000
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • customize
  • ???
  • PROFIT

Eh you forgot a couple steps:

1) Stop being lazy and pretending like you don't live on your PC.
5) Stop being anal about Last.Fm scrobbling idiocy
13) Tell the others

Its a bad software problem mixed with an idiot / masochistic user problem, thats for certain  :horrormirth:

I'll buy number one and maybe thirteen, but you can totally scrobble with Foobar. You just need the right plugin. In fact, you can totally ______ with Foobar--you just need the right plugin.

NotPublished

whats wrong with iTunes for Windows?  :?

Rev. Dr. Narot

Quote from: NotPublished on May 27, 2010, 11:58:56 PM

Resource hog, slows down other system activities, slow launch, slow close, etc. Try iTunes on a Mac, and it becomes quickly apparent whats wrong with iTunes for Windows :)

NotPublished

Oh I don't even own an iPod

Requia ☣

Quote from: Narot on May 28, 2010, 12:52:22 AM
Quote from: NotPublished on May 27, 2010, 11:58:56 PM

Resource hog, slows down other system activities, slow launch, slow close, etc. Try iTunes on a Mac, and it becomes quickly apparent whats wrong with iTunes for Windows :)

You forgot 'breaks CD/DVD drives'   :argh!: (I got more calls on that than any other single issue except maybe dead batteries).
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

NotPublished

What! There has to be more to that story

Requia ☣

The CD burning software that itunes uses is crappy as hell, and when it decides to break, it takes the whole drive out with it (partly MSs fault for not handling it gracefully).  You have to go into the registry and pull all the CD burning drivers out by hand (well, you used to, MS releases something that does it automatically, even if its a bit ham fisted).

Was a major call driver when I was in tech support.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

bds

I use iTunes on Windows for podcasts. It's not too bad, just slow as crap, really. I wouldn't even attempt to use it for my 14k song music library... Which leads us to my obligatory screenie of fb2k layout, to increase my e-peenz and the like.

Rev. Dr. Narot

Quote from: BDS on May 28, 2010, 07:55:16 AM
I use iTunes on Windows for podcasts. It's not too bad, just slow as crap, really. I wouldn't even attempt to use it for my 14k song music library... Which leads us to my obligatory screenie of fb2k layout, to increase my e-peenz and the like.

Dude if you can offer assistance or advice for what Foobar plugins you're using I'm sold. I'd love to use iTunes as a librarian and none other; I've always struggled with Foobar / Winamp due to the lack of a library or my brains usual "iTunes categorization styled" browsing of my library (roughly 12,000 songs).

Rev. Dr. Narot

Quote from: Narot on May 28, 2010, 05:20:11 PM
Quote from: BDS on May 28, 2010, 07:55:16 AM

Dude if you can offer assistance or advice for what Foobar plugins you're using I'm sold. I'd love to use iTunes as a librarian and none other; I've always struggled with Foobar / Winamp due to the lack of a library or my brains usual "iTunes categorization styled" browsing of my library (roughly 12,000 songs).

Got Foobar up and setup, half way there. How can I get a super cool spectrum bar & timeline such as yours? :)