News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

MAD SCIENCE: LONG EXPOSURE PHOTOGRAPHY

Started by Doktor Howl, July 30, 2010, 02:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

DUDE the one with the heart and nurse enabler is totally cute :D

how did you do the bright white-yellow halo effect in that one, though? someone else highlighting your edges with a flashlight?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on July 30, 2010, 05:09:10 AM
Great Scott!  What kind of deviltry is this? The Insidious Doktor Howl appears to have found a way to bend light to his nefarious purpose! To what mad purpose will he use this new power?

Dr. James Semaj
Currently outclassed by his Nemesis

Muhaha
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 30, 2010, 02:30:01 PM
DUDE the one with the heart and nurse enabler is totally cute :D

how did you do the bright white-yellow halo effect in that one, though? someone else highlighting your edges with a flashlight?

Yep.  Same guy that did the heart.  We had the shutter open for about 15 seconds, which kind of distorts things, but allowed the whole thing to be done by one guy.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nast on July 30, 2010, 04:38:21 AM
Awesome!

Say, where'd you get all that grass and shrubbery in Tucson? You air-lifted it in for the photoshoot, didn't you?

Tucson is full of scrub trees.  The lawn at that park is maintained by the city.

Tucson is in the Sonoran desert, which is a "wet" desert.  Once you cross into CA, though, you're into the Mojave, which is dry as fuck. 
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Brotep

Totally sweet.

:argh!: I WILL DO THIS SOMEDAY*

*presumably someday after I own a camera

President Television

:mittens: I love pictures taken by screwing around with optics and/or camera settings like exposure time.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Dysfunctional Cunt

How the fuck did I miss this?  Those are fucking awesome!!!!

:mittens:

The Wizard

Oh god, don't remind me. You don't want to know what happened the last time me and Doktor Howl fought. I've had to replace all of the lightbulbs in my base with torches and candles.

Doctor James Semaj
Still outclassed by the Nemesis.
Insanity we trust.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on August 11, 2010, 08:20:51 PM
Oh god, don't remind me. You don't want to know what happened the last time me and Doktor Howl fought. I've had to replace all of the lightbulbs in my base with torches and candles.

Doctor James Semaj
Still outclassed by the Nemesis.

You're just lucky that I'm not Chinese.
Molon Lube

The Wizard

QuoteYou're just lucky that I'm not Chinese.

Good point. Fu Manchu would have just gone ahead and murdered me. At least you had the decency to put me into a needlessly time consuming death trap.
Insanity we trust.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on August 11, 2010, 09:04:22 PM
QuoteYou're just lucky that I'm not Chinese.

Good point. Fu Manchu would have just gone ahead and murdered me. At least you had the decency to put me into a needlessly time consuming death trap.

My one failing is a love of Rube Goldberg.
Molon Lube

Telarus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 30, 2010, 02:42:52 AM

SCIENCE!

Touched-up and Gamma Corrected.

(Told you I would. Just Dok Howl got gamma-corrected. If I did the background the lights get washed out, but you can see the trees in the background, lol).

I like my new system.

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Wizard

QuoteMy one failing is a love of Rube Goldberg.

Which, while understandable, I have taken great joy in exploiting for my own survival.
Insanity we trust.

Doktor Howl

Telarus, that's amazing.

Dr Semaj, Pulp Heroes are few and far between, these days.  If I killed you, I wouldn't have a single warm, personal enemy left.
Molon Lube