News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 22, 2015, 12:49:38 PM
I was feeling a bit morose as of late, so I forced myself out into the world, and joined Team Vodka in a rousing round of Trivia Night at the Gay Bar.  We won!

I feel much better today.  Socializing for the win!

That often does the trick for me as well. Although I have to be careful, as sometimes it does the exact opposite.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 21, 2015, 05:24:00 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 21, 2015, 03:40:37 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 21, 2015, 05:41:03 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 21, 2015, 05:36:34 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 21, 2015, 02:38:13 AM
I have really become a cranky bastard over the last few weeks.

EMBRACE IT. IT IS YOUR DESTINY.

Yeah, I hate not having a job.  Even though there's still money.

Anyway, Matt Kilb and Joseph came along and demanded my bad day, on the FB discordian thingie.  So I feel slightly better.

Mine was only to be the fucking idiot I am. I've felt like shit since. This is because I was shitty. I'm sorry and now realize you have every right to be mad and to block me. I got angry and stupidly afraid of yet another pointless fight cropping up. I should have simply contacted you with what I was thinking. Instead I shit posted thoughtlessly. I'm not going to go on about it, but I've tried to analyze why I behaved as I did. The butthurt is mine. I regret it and the thing is there's no undoing it. I'll have to live with it.

S'ok.  There's an undoing it. 

A simple one word "sorry" or even "whoops" would have done it at the get-go.  I'll go unblock.

We had a good talk sir. I'll contact you later today as I get the chance.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 22, 2015, 05:51:04 AM

Anyway, Matt Kilb and Joseph came along and demanded my bad day, on the FB discordian thingie.  So I feel slightly better.

Mine was only to be the fucking idiot I am. I've felt like shit since. This is because I was shitty. I'm sorry and now realize you have every right to be mad and to block me. I got angry and stupidly afraid of yet another pointless fight cropping up. I should have simply contacted you with what I was thinking. Instead I shit posted thoughtlessly. I'm not going to go on about it, but I've tried to analyze why I behaved as I did. The butthurt is mine. I regret it and the thing is there's no undoing it. I'll have to live with it.

Sadly I don't think my boyfriend is going to be too keen on posting in your group anymore.

It's too bad, he was going to post the step-by-step development of his plum beer recipe with photos.

But it did at least reinforce that Discordian groups on Facebook aren't for either of us, albeit for different reasons.

Well I apologize. I thought his parody was some form of attempt to subtly resurrect that meme, which I learned to HATE in 2014. There have been various attempts at shitstarting by the Discofuks. One recent example was a possible sock that slipped the filter. Argument: "I don't have any problem with saying N" because he was just a super awesome artistic genius and was into hip-hop. He quickly came to my attention and kept trying to edge around the rules of discourse to be a dick. I ultimately banned him and deleted his shitty trollthread. Part of me saw the same posting pattern, but I was unsure and really DID want a recipe as , uh, proof..yeah. Howl clued me in. Please give him my sincere regards and sorry. That really was funny and emulated well enough to make me VERY UNSURE without other info.

On another note Nigel I understand if you're not into the group, especially if I offended you & your boyfriend, but I partly came to ask if you're willing to admin and so am asking anyway. We had one step down and his replacement qualifier was to find a female, of which we have none. If you're understandably not interested we'll ask the group for volunteers and select that way. I nominated you and so was sent to ask. We need the Science Nigel. Need it!

Gotta get to work, check back later!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

lolonecomputeratworkiscompletelybrokenandcannotconnecttotheinternetwhiletheonethatisworkinghasakeyboardwithnoworkingspaceorstopbuttonwhichmeansIhavetowriteannoyinglylongsentenceslikethis

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Cain

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

Cain

Cain

Of course, this would happen because someone finally fixed the printer.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on July 23, 2015, 12:51:32 AM
Of course, this would happen because someone finally fixed the printer.

Evenbetter!Itsoundslikeyoucanfitmorewordstothepageintheprinternowwhichmeanslesspageswhichmeanslesschancesforittobreakagain.Prettyefficientgottasaywelldone.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 22, 2015, 04:54:22 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 22, 2015, 05:51:04 AM

Sadly I don't think my boyfriend is going to be too keen on posting in your group anymore.

It's too bad, he was going to post the step-by-step development of his plum beer recipe with photos.

But it did at least reinforce that Discordian groups on Facebook aren't for either of us, albeit for different reasons.

Well I apologize. I thought his parody was some form of attempt to subtly resurrect that meme, which I learned to HATE in 2014. There have been various attempts at shitstarting by the Discofuks. One recent example was a possible sock that slipped the filter. Argument: "I don't have any problem with saying N" because he was just a super awesome artistic genius and was into hip-hop. He quickly came to my attention and kept trying to edge around the rules of discourse to be a dick. I ultimately banned him and deleted his shitty trollthread. Part of me saw the same posting pattern, but I was unsure and really DID want a recipe as , uh, proof..yeah. Howl clued me in. Please give him my sincere regards and sorry. That really was funny and emulated well enough to make me VERY UNSURE without other info.

On another note Nigel I understand if you're not into the group, especially if I offended you & your boyfriend, but I partly came to ask if you're willing to admin and so am asking anyway. We had one step down and his replacement qualifier was to find a female, of which we have none. If you're understandably not interested we'll ask the group for volunteers and select that way. I nominated you and so was sent to ask. We need the Science Nigel. Need it!

Gotta get to work, check back later!

I will happily accept your invite to admin, because it will totally freak out a number of people.

However, I should give you the heads-up that I will completely disappear for periods of time up to a month long due to issues like being in the rainforest, or Finals. If that is incompatible with your admin needs, probably another person would be a better choice.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Well, back to making money the old-school way.   :lulz:

Honestly, I don't know why I ever went straight.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 23, 2015, 04:06:22 AM
Well, back to making money the old-school way.   :lulz:

Honestly, I don't know why I ever went straight.

Oh, wow.  :lol: This should make for some interesting stories.