News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 12, 2012, 06:39:00 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 12, 2012, 06:05:38 PM
The warts are all.

Oh, I know.  It's basically Tucson with a subway system.

So Tuscon lite, because the Underground isn't always trying to eat you?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: American Jackal on October 13, 2012, 01:21:22 AM
The warts are all.

I see you've never ridden the tube.  :lol:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I'm pretty sure a drug deal is going down outside my building.

Either that or this is a lot of people to do a late-night delivery of sherbert in clear plastic bags.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 13, 2012, 01:39:26 AM
I'm pretty sure a drug deal is going down outside my building.

Either that or this is a lot of people to do a late-night delivery of sherbert in clear plastic bags.

That's just the free markey, Cain.  Nothing to worry about.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 13, 2012, 01:38:59 AM
The warts are all.

There are terrible rumours about the things that happen near the abandoned lines.  Or worse, live in them.

I'm not especially afraid of anything human in London, and I don't ride the tube late at night.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 13, 2012, 01:38:59 AM
The warts are all.

Actually, I have, for about 5 days, mostly at night, alone.

The Good Reverend Roger

You know, I haven't had this much fun on PD for a while.  I refer, of course, to slapping the stinky hippy around in the barstool thread up in principia discussion.

"I DO NOT LIVE IN A BUBBLE OF PRIVILEGE!"
\
:walken:

You can't touch this shit.

:hammer:
:digtbk:

TGRR,
:lulz:

Don Coyote

I think it was a good idea to go reserves now. I think it is helping keep my rage circulating.

President Television

I'm starting to realize more and more that I'm pretty much Greyface incarnate. I forced myself to show up at a party tonight, and spent the entire time sitting in a corner and trying to avoid eye contact. I mean, here I am, taking an entire philosophy built around the idea of having a good time, and I was surrounded by people to whom it came naturally... And my reaction was aversion. Fear.

And I mean, in general it sucks, realizing that you're no fun at all. But in our case I think it can safely be said that it's morally wrong. So what does that make me?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on October 13, 2012, 03:55:26 AM
I'm starting to realize more and more that I'm pretty much Greyface incarnate. I forced myself to show up at a party tonight, and spent the entire time sitting in a corner and trying to avoid eye contact. I mean, here I am, taking an entire philosophy built around the idea of having a good time, and I was surrounded by people to whom it came naturally... And my reaction was aversion. Fear.

And I mean, in general it sucks, realizing that you're no fun at all. But in our case I think it can safely be said that it's morally wrong. So what does that make me?

I run into this all the time. But it turns out that the fun I fail to have is usually the fun I have no interest in having. I have plenty of fun, it just doesn't look like fun to people who think "a good time" is blowing half their lives hob nobbing with fuckweasels they secretly hate.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

President Television

And it occurs to me that my above post has some pretty horrifying implications about Discordia, in the general vein of "HAPPINESS IS MANDATORY". Which we all know it sure as fuck isn't.

But still, I can't help feeling incredibly guilty about my inability to ever, ever laugh, and then my tendency to analyze it and moralize about the whole thing and feel guilty, which in turn is something to feel guilty over, which in turn is something to feel guilty over, etc.

It seems like my entire thought process is just a neverending loop of misery and guilt.

And then it occurs to me: Maybe I'm just not cut out for Discordia. I mean, I like the ideas. And I like the people. But I myself am a horrible, horrible example of a Discordian. I never enjoy myself. I never take an active part in making the world stranger. I feel like I'm unworthy of it. Incapable of it. I think there's something the rest of you possess that I lack, and maybe it's something that I'll never have. So my choice is obvious: I quit, or I live with being a hypocrite.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

tyrannosaurus vex

Yeah that does suck and it is something I have dealt with. When I lived in Tucson I rarely left my apartment or spoke to my friends for those reasons exactly. I never figured it out, I just moved to the Frozen North for 8 years and rebooted.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on October 13, 2012, 04:00:11 AM

And then it occurs to me: Maybe I'm just not cut out for Discordia. I mean, I like the ideas. And I like the people. But I myself am a horrible, horrible example of a Discordian. I never enjoy myself. I never take an active part in making the world stranger. I feel like I'm unworthy of it. Incapable of it. I think there's something the rest of you possess that I lack, and maybe it's something that I'll never have. So my choice is obvious: I quit, or I live with being a hypocrite.

BALLS.  ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.

Wallified, Discordia does NOT mean you run around with a stupid grin plastered on your face, unless that's how you actually feel.

You're one of us, whether or not you feel like you "are a good example".  You had a fucked up time for a lot of years.  So did I, in a very different way.  Discordia/PD helped me get through that, and it/we will try to do the same for you.

President Television

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 13, 2012, 04:13:03 AM

Wallified, Discordia does NOT mean you run around with a stupid grin plastered on your face, unless that's how you actually feel.
Well, yeah, but it isn't about taking everything DEAD SERIOUS ALL THE FUCKING TIME either, is it?

QuoteYou're one of us, whether or not you feel like you "are a good example".  You had a fucked up time for a lot of years.  So did I, in a very different way.  Discordia/PD helped me get through that, and it/we will try to do the same for you.
It did, once. Then burnout came, as it does, and with it came recoil. Push hard enough in one direction, and eventually everything will just bounce back to hit you in the face. The PD taught me that, and then it went ahead and made an example of itself just to hammer it in.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on October 13, 2012, 04:17:53 AM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 13, 2012, 04:13:03 AM

Well, yeah, but it isn't about taking everything DEAD SERIOUS ALL THE FUCKING TIME either, is it?

If that's you, yeah it is.  If you don't like it, you start changing you.  I did it, and it wasn't fucking easy, and it's never really complete.  But you do it.

QuoteYou're one of us, whether or not you feel like you "are a good example".  You had a fucked up time for a lot of years.  So did I, in a very different way.  Discordia/PD helped me get through that, and it/we will try to do the same for you.
It did, once. Then burnout came, as it does, and with it came recoil. Push hard enough in one direction, and eventually everything will just bounce back to hit you in the face. The PD taught me that, and then it went ahead and made an example of itself just to hammer it in.

Who the fuck said it's gonna be easy?  Or even interesting, all the time?  Or that it's a constant?

Welcome to the human condition.  You have to work at it.

Trust me on this, if you never listen to anything else I say.