News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

...and it's time to play "The Stupidest Thing I've Heard All Day"

Started by LMNO, April 13, 2013, 05:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

http://kslegislature.com/li/b2013_14/measures/hb2366/

QuoteHouse Bill 2366, introduced into the House Energy and Environment Committee, would prevent any state funds from being "used, either directly or indirectly, to promote, support, mandate, require, order, incentivize, advocate, plan for, participate in or implement sustainable development."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Anna Mae Bollocks

I can't top that, and I've been on FACEBOOK for the last hour.  :x :x :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Bruno

Formerly something else...

MMIX

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 13, 2013, 05:33:13 PM

QuoteHouse Bill 2366, introduced into the House Energy and Environment Committee, would prevent any state funds from being "used, either directly or indirectly, to promote, support, mandate, require, order, incentivize, advocate, plan for, participate in or implement sustainable development."

I'm not convinced that this is stupidity. Hanlon's razor actually cuts both ways so I'm gonna restate it

Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by cupidity
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Salty

Well, naturally it stems from greed, stupid, self-defeating greed.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 13, 2013, 05:33:13 PM

Ummmmmm

Wow.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pergamos

This is one of those ones that i would love to see creatively interpreted.  For instance, as timber is a sustainable resource no money can be allowed to go to state forestry. The department in charge of managing hunting and fishing needs to be shut down, since that is also sustainable ecological management. 

navkat

Ben Shapiro

Looks like we found Ayn Rands and Thatchers  love child.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: /b/earman on April 14, 2013, 12:07:08 AM
Looks like we found Ayn Rands and Thatchers  love child.

YOU FUCKER I JUST GOT A MENTAL PICTURE OF THOSE TWO WILD THANGIN  :argh!:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

I told you guys, legislation has been reduced to "WE'LL SHOW THEM!", on both sides of the aisle. 

Legislation as AM radio.  Nicely done, America.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

deadfong

It gets more stupid at the bottom of the bill, where it defines sustainable development:

Quote"sustainable development" means a mode of human development in which resource use aims to meet human needs while preserving the environment so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but also for generations to come, but not to include the idea, principle or practice of conservation or conservationism.

The bill doesn't bother to define conservation/conservationism, of course.

I want to know who actually wrote it, but all I can see so far is that it came out of the Committee on Energy and Environment.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: deadfong on April 15, 2013, 05:14:20 PM
It gets more stupid at the bottom of the bill, where it defines sustainable development:

Quote"sustainable development" means a mode of human development in which resource use aims to meet human needs while preserving the environment so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but also for generations to come, but not to include the idea, principle or practice of conservation or conservationism.

The bill doesn't bother to define conservation/conservationism, of course.

I want to know who actually wrote it, but all I can see so far is that it came out of the Committee on Energy and Environment.

The Ghost of James Watt could explain all of this to you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

McGrupp

Wow. I keep thinking that I must be missing something here, but no, it looks like politicians with ties to oil companies. 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/09/kansas-sustainable-development_n_3045118.html

QuoteOn Monday, the Republican-controlled Missouri House of Representatives passed an Agenda 21 ban, following a debate that included discussion of whether the state should also ban space aliens.

That sounds about right.