News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Red, White and Green

Started by Scilon Agent, March 14, 2014, 04:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I have a strong suspicion that Monsanto won't make a move until the banking thing is done first.

Not that they haven't had plans in place since 1997.

But the federal guidelines are such that no multinational would mess with them until it's resolved.

Hell, Colorado is pulling in millions in cash, but the fact that national banks won't touch it should tell you something.

LMNO

"Still operated by grayface".

Yeah, they should totally risk their assets being stripped for facilitating money laundering.

LMNO

Other than being a book about drugs, that PKD reference doesn't even make sense in this context.

Reginald Ret

Interesting sidenote: In the Netherlands they are starting to fall behind. The police are spending more and more resources on fighting big cannabis growers, including infrared camera drones to find growhouses. It has led to some people who prefer their houses to be quite warm getting raided by the police.

In the street where I was born a house got raided by the police because they confused a dryer for a weedplantation.
http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/22118322/__Wietplantage_blijkt_wasdroger__.html?cid=rss

Oh and they raided a Wageningen University hemp field, growing hemp for science, they lost a few years of work.
http://www.deondernemer.nl/binnenland/333981/Wietplantage-is-van-universiteit.html

My government confuses me.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

The manner in which you are communicating with me has the impression of great condescension.

It has been shown historically that such manners of communication are rarely effective at transmitting information, and more likely to engender hostility.

I would appreciate it if you did not speak to me in such a tone.

I do my best to see the world as it is, not as I wish it to be.  In that viewpoint, banks are highly risk averse when it comes to flaunting federal law.

Nowhere did I say I supported the federal law.  I merely stated the reasons the banks would not want to accept the money.  Your statement that the Big Money from Monsanto would change their minds is far more cynical than mine.

Pergamos

Looks like Roger's asshole radar was right once again.  I'm not all that interested in what the Scilon has to say anymore.  People who refuse to explain themselves and continuously insult others intelligence very rarely have anything worth saying to say.  Especcilly if you factor in the cognitive cost of putting up with their bullshit.

Pergamos

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 07:02:07 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on March 14, 2014, 06:57:15 PM
Looks like Roger's asshole radar was right once again.  I'm not all that interested in what the Scilon has to say anymore.  People who refuse to explain themselves and continuously insult others intelligence very rarely have anything worth saying to say.  Especcilly if you factor in the cognitive cost of putting up with their bullshit.

And nothing of value was lost.

LMNO,
If I condescend it's only because I am capable. Can't blame me for that one, that's your problem.

It doesn't even recognize the mistake it is making.  Is it really that stupid?  Or is it just high on pot and twinkies?

Cramulus

Its so disappointing when somebody complains that the board is all garbage, then flips off the few people willing to have a calm discussion and listen to what he has to say.

The GIGO self-fulfilling prophecy at work.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 07:02:07 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on March 14, 2014, 06:57:15 PM

And nothing of value was lost.

LMNO,
If I condescend it's only because I am capable. Can't blame me for that one, that's your problem.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you have many close friends who value and cherish your company, and that you get laid ALOT.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Would you mind responding to the rest of my post, please?

Pergamos

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 07:20:05 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on March 14, 2014, 07:03:21 PM
It doesn't even recognize the mistake it is making.  Is it really that stupid?  Or is it just high on pot and twinkies?

I'm a mirror. I give out what I take in or else it stays with me. Best to reflect your negativity back to you. Simple really.

All that happened was Birds had a temper tantrum, I called it out like you all should have and then since I'm the new guy and she's a girl you rallied to fight me handily diverting any attention from her atrocious behavior. The rest of the day has been me responding to snide comments, direct insults and so forth.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

I read far enough to see her defend you, apparently she saw the error of her ways further in.

East Coast Hustle

He may just completely fail to understand that this is a long-standing tight-knit community of people (many of whom know each other and are good friends IRL) that goes back more than a decade and be acting as though we were all just complete strangers talking to each other like this, "pretend socializing" as it were.

Actually, nevermind. He's still a condescending twat either way.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

The "smartest guy in the room" routine seems forced, however. It's too over the top. Somebody who is actually that intellectually arrogant would likely never have read the BIP in the first place.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 07:20:05 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on March 14, 2014, 07:03:21 PM

I'm a mirror. I give out what I take in or else it stays with me. Best to reflect your negativity back to you. Simple really.

All that happened was Birds had a temper tantrum, I called it out like you all should have and then since I'm the new guy and she's a girl you rallied to fight me handily diverting any attention from her atrocious behavior. The rest of the day has been me responding to snide comments, direct insults and so forth.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
I''m sorry to hear our tolerance of our friend's rougher edges has caused you to think that we are intolerant.

I'm glad to see you still think we are in a battle and not in a rout. We may still convince you that we are a worthwhile community.

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 07:34:14 PM
LMNO,

Banks operate upon the concept of Usury which even primitive screwheads from last thursday knew was an abomination. You operate on the basis that banks are not only real (they are not) but that they are a natural part of human existence.

It's impossible for us to see eye to eye. We are not two horses in a harness. You're a pet "owner" and I'm the zoo janitor who let the tigers out of the cage during prime visiting hours.
I think we here all agree that usury is bad. Banks are real in that they can destroy you. Have not read Frank Herbert's Dune? Therein it is said that absolute power is the power to destroy something. A thing cannot simultaneously have absolute power over you and not exist.
Banks are a part of human existence, they ar enot natural but if they are necessary is up for debate. Would you share your opinion on that?

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 14, 2014, 07:42:03 PM
The "smartest guy in the room" routine seems forced, however. It's too over the top. Somebody who is actually that intellectually arrogant would likely never have read the BIP in the first place.
I tihnk the arrogance is a defense mechanism, his ego was bruised by our admittedly abbrasive reaction to several of his posts and his mind protected him by taking a few levels in subjective awesome. This is a common and healthy response, up to a point. He may still prove himself to be a biped by getting over his currently inflated ego.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 07:59:55 PM
Jet,

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 14, 2014, 07:40:17 PM
He may just completely fail to understand that this is a long-standing tight-knit community of people (many of whom know each other and are good friends IRL) that goes back more than a decade and be acting as though we were all just complete strangers talking to each other like this, "pretend socializing" as it were.

Actually, nevermind. He's still a condescending twat either way.

Do you.... do you people have any idea what it's like out there? Without the realizations you have all had and live with? For decades I thought I was some sort of monster. Hell, they CALLED me a monster, a freak, a psycho, weird, a creep. Because I wasn't like them. Because when the teacher told something I asked why.

Because when they police told me something I said no.

Because when my parents asked me something I told the truth. Because I looked at the world and all I saw was shambling sleeping drones and automatons responding to advertising cues. But once, many, many, many years ago I picked up the Happy Mutant Handbook. And I laughed. I wasn't quite alone. I stumbled across the Principia Discordia printed out  in full stuffed in a gold painted tree limb out in a field and I read it cover to cover. And I knew, holy shit on a shingle I knew that I wasn't a freak, a mutant, a psycho, dangerous to society.

I knew I was just smarter than the rest. More clever. More observant. So I sought out and befriended others of like mind and we walked the same trip.

It was only recently I read the BIP and the BIP - Common Walls. And I found it a perfect update to the mythos. Whatever I think of the authors having seen them in action here on the board when they wrote those two tomes they were touched by something great. Something divine in nature.

Forgive me my many, many flaws and gross errors in behavior if you can. Because you have no idea how maddening it is out among the mundanes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s5KtpQV_ns
Welcome, fellow freak. I know exactly how annoying, blind and stupid people can be. My way of handling it is drinking so much i become as dumb as them. It is not a good plan and i advise against doing the same.

I will be looking for the happy mutant handbook now, that sounds like something i would like. Thanks for the tip, Scilion Agent!