News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Texas Lawmakers Selectively Tough on Illegal Immigration

Started by Precious Moments Zalgo, March 03, 2011, 04:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Precious Moments Zalgo

Texas Lawmakers are considering a bill to punish people who "intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly" hire illegal alien, but they put an exemption in the bill for people who hire full-time maids, gardeners, or other houseworkers.  I'm presuming this is because the Texas lawmakers want to exempt themselves from the law.

QuoteTexas state Rep. Aaron Pena, a Republican, said the exception is a wise one.  "With things as they are today, her bill will see a large segment of the Texas population legislature in prison" if it passes without the exception, he said.
Fixed that for you, Mr. Pena.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/03/01/texas.immigration.bill/index.html
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

The Johnny

They should add construction workers and farm-hands or their economy is gonna crash  :mrgreen:

But its Texas, so i guess farming isnt big?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner