News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

In Defense of Juggalos.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 10, 2009, 07:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Internet Jesus

Has anyone considered that Juggalos are to human culture as random mutations are to genetics? That this is how new cultures get started, evolution, just on a cultural not genetic level?  And that it's only the presence of a Global Monoculture that keeps these offshoots so weak and, frankly, goofy as fuck?

Yes, I am high, but just think about it......
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

tyrannosaurus vex

Objectively, they're not even that weird. If I was an alien sent to study human cultures, and I was supposed to outline the differences between Juggalos and any other group of deluded shitnecks on the planet, I would probably only be able to come up with "awful music."

That doesn't justify their existence, though.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Internet Jesus on September 21, 2012, 04:26:04 AM
Has anyone considered that Juggalos are to human culture as random mutations are to genetics? That this is how new cultures get started, evolution, just on a cultural not genetic level?  And that it's only the presence of a Global Monoculture that keeps these offshoots so weak and, frankly, goofy as fuck?

Dude, hell yes! Of course! I mean, do you know who you're TALKING TO?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Internet Jesus

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 21, 2012, 08:07:53 AM

People who recognize that even though we've outgrown it, we're all still slaves to our monkey brains?

LMNO

Dude, are you sure this is the first time you've been to these boards?

Verbal Mike

I was half-convinced he was a TGRR alt. Still haven't completely ruled it out.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Internet Jesus

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 21, 2012, 02:42:31 PM
Dude, are you sure this is the first time you've been to these boards?

Yup, but I have read a shitload of Warren Ellis, so I figure I can at least sound like I know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Hey! I just realized there may be an upside to having misspent my youth in comic book nerdery! 

Perhaps I might be able to turn my pro-wrestling obsession into something useful too.  Beyond the universal theory of Buddhist Kayfabe, that is.

Internet Jesus

Quote from: VERBL on September 21, 2012, 02:47:58 PM
I was half-convinced he was a TGRR alt. Still haven't completely ruled it out.

I wish I was.  I would have actual minions then, instead of the lame non-union henchmen.

LMNO

But at least you don't have those collective-bargaining negotiations.  Those things can be brutal

YOU'LL WEAR THE SHINY AQUAMARINE ONE-PIECE UNIFORM, AND YOU'LL LIKE IT, FUCKERS!

Internet Jesus

I hadn't considered the evil benefits to running an open shop in my plans to world domination.  I just always thought it was bad policy from an HR standpoint.  I mean look at COBRA.  They were an open shop, took just about anyone, and they couldn't even get extortion done correctly.

Ok, I will cop to having lurked here for quite a while.  Ever since TGRR used a term of mine in his dictionary.  But that's just good common sense, you don't jump into a community without getting an idea of what it's about.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Internet Jesus on September 21, 2012, 02:35:08 PM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 21, 2012, 08:07:53 AM

People who recognize that even though we've outgrown it, we're all still slaves to our monkey brains?

Bingo.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Internet Jesus

So then what is the relationship to the monkey brain in its proper context?  I mean, I kinda dig mine, but I do have to remind myself that it generally fixates on bullshit.  Other people's monkey brains, not so much.

Serious non-dickhead question.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Internet Jesus on September 21, 2012, 08:42:02 PM
So then what is the relationship to the monkey brain in its proper context?  I mean, I kinda dig mine, but I do have to remind myself that it generally fixates on bullshit.  Other people's monkey brains, not so much.

Serious non-dickhead question.

The relationship of Juggalos?

Internet Jesus

Not just juggalos, but for people.

Yes, I wondered off topic, I know. 

LMNO

Quote from: Internet Jesus on September 21, 2012, 08:42:02 PM
So then what is the relationship to the monkey brain in its proper context? 

Much like raising a retarded child.  Plenty of love and understanding, but never let it drive.