News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

Tonights menu

Started by Adios, June 03, 2010, 09:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think I'm doing pot roast with onions, broccoli, and mashed potatoes. Simple American comfort food.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Quote from: LMNO on June 04, 2010, 07:55:04 PM
They're still an anti-abortion corp, though.

I won't be eating their politics.

Suu

Quote from: Hawk on June 04, 2010, 08:05:56 PM
Quote from: LMNO on June 04, 2010, 07:55:04 PM
They're still an anti-abortion corp, though.

I won't be eating their politics.

Ditto.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Rumckle

Quote from: Cainad on June 04, 2010, 06:38:00 PM
Might pop open a can of fruit, have a PB&J, munch on some carrots, glass of store brand V-8... fuck yeah being a college student without the meal plan! :lol: I'm unintentionally turning vegetarian.

Same, I think the only meat I've eaten in the past week is bacon.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

LMNO

A friend of mine grilled me some chicken and topped it with chimichurri. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Jasper

Dinner:

Salmon burger.  Salad.  Giant peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips.

I eat a lot of cookies.

BADGE OF HONOR

Tonight's meal provided by Panda Express, since the kitchen is still closed.  It was bland.   :|
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

LMNO

That's why you should carry sriracca around with you at all times.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Tonight I will be having maybe some grilled chicken if it has defrosted, a potato salad with spring onions, bacon, spinach, cheese and wholegrain mustard Mayo.

Also I have a spinach salad with mozzarella, tomatoes, salami and a pesto/balsamic dressing.

I have been trying to use up all my fresh food and practise my salad fu for next weekend, and I have a tendency to make stuff in bulk cos if I get down and can't be fucked to cook I already batched a load of stuff up on a better day previously.

Gets repetitive but beats starving.

Adios

Jasper

I'm making a bunch of pizzas for a party tonight.  It's a Walt Curtis benefit. 

His house burned down.

Never heard of him until I heard I had to make 20 pizzas.

I'm eating pizza tonight.

Juana

A sammich from Panera, their amazing chips, and a soda. Wrecking my diet, but delicious!
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I didn't do the pot roast yesterday, so I'm doing it today.

Starting with about a 3-lb roast, I salted and peppered it, then dredged it in flour and browned both sides in a cast-iron skillet and plenty of oil. Chopped an onion and put it in the bottom of a small dutch oven, poured in some wine and a bit of broth, added sprigs of parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. (Yes, they really are perfect accompaniments for roast beef; there's a reason they're traditional!) stuck the roast in, covered it, and it's in the oven at 300 for three hours. Easiest recipe ever! Garlic mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli forthwith.

Sir Squid Diddimus

My blood sugar dropped before I went shopping so I walked out of whole foods with:

turkey meatloaf
tiny container of curry chicken salad, potato salad
red pepper jelly
brie
4 yr gouda
a wad of parm-regg
some weird chev i can't pronunce
a soda
mixed olives from the bar

My husband asked if I was stoned.  :sad:
It really looked like I could have been from my selection.

cheese and olives were good though, specially with the jelly.
the other stuff sucked bad.