News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Warmth

Started by LHX, January 11, 2007, 10:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

We are glad you came back.

We missed your presence here - the way you keep everything grounded and balanced.

Things got pretty hectic without you around.

We know you had to go through some shit to make it back here.

You don't have to tell us about it.

We just want you to know that it's good you made it back.

We know you probably had to do some things you didn't want to do, but you can keep that to yourself if you want.

It doesn't matter what you had to do.

We understand.

Don't feel bad.

The important thing is that you're back.

If you have stories to tell, we'll listen.

Just don't feel that you owe us any explanation.

We know all about it - or at least, we can imagine.

Take a seat.

Relax.

There's food in the kitchen and blankets in the closet if you need to rest.

Help yourself.

If you need anything, let us know.

We'll be around.

You did good.
neat hell

Jasper

You'll catch your death of cold in here.

*Sets up a space heater*

Pope Benmal Fuksht

LHX was the only Discordian I added to my myspace friends list, the guy with the surrender flag.  I placed him at the top of my friends list for some reason.  I don't have a best friend.  I probably shouldn't be so warm to Discordians.  Or maybe some Discordians are cool and warm like me, and worthy of friendship.  Or maybe they'd jake my computer, find out where I live, and burn my house down.  Pretty much all Discordians seem like shadowy characters.  A good revolution of dissent won't need Discordia.  Fuck Her.  I can't leave Discordianism, because the world is Discordian, but I can and will change Her.  Oh, I guess I'll trust the rest of them with my myspace profile, since it shouldn't be a problem, and I could get Discordia to rake your eyeballs out if you spam me.  I'll add my myspace profile to my Discordian profile.  That's my way of being warm in a world that's freezing Hell.
The Planet Eris RULES stop signs.
STOP

Cain

You know, assuming you are Ben/Schizzy, you could just PM one of the admins when you want a name change.  We don't mind.

Pope Benmal Fuksht

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2007, 05:07:12 AM
You know, assuming you are Ben/Schizzy, you could just PM one of the admins when you want a name change.  We don't mind.
Because it was a bother for me, so I took the least bothersome path.  I lost both my email address and password for the old Benaclypse account, right around the time that I was taking a sabbatical from Discordianism 'till I noticed that RAW died and felt to say something, so decided to just make a new account with a new email rather than bother about it.  But if it's no bother, I'd rather get my Benaclypse account back than swim around in a scat granny outfit for as long as I'll put up with it.  Oi!  Scat grannies.  Why do I hang out here?  Just PM me the Benaclypse password and I'll fix it.
The Planet Eris RULES stop signs.
STOP

Cain

I think its encrypted within the forum itself, but there may be a way to reset it.  I'll see what I can do, but I'm not totally familiar with SMF protocols so it may take a while.

Benaclypse

Okay, I'm back, warm as the sun.  Thanks for fixing my password.  Still thinking of ditching "planet" Eris, but she may be of some use yet.

Jasper

Quote from: Pope Benmal Fuksht on January 13, 2007, 05:05:00 AM
LHX was the only Discordian I added to my myspace friends list, the guy with the surrender flag.  I placed him at the top of my friends list for some reason.  I don't have a best friend.  I probably shouldn't be so warm to Discordians.  Or maybe some Discordians are cool and warm like me, and worthy of friendship.  Or maybe they'd jake my computer, find out where I live, and burn my house down.  Pretty much all Discordians seem like shadowy characters.  A good revolution of dissent won't need Discordia.  Fuck Her.  I can't leave Discordianism, because the world is Discordian, but I can and will change Her.  Oh, I guess I'll trust the rest of them with my myspace profile, since it shouldn't be a problem, and I could get Discordia to rake your eyeballs out if you spam me.  I'll add my myspace profile to my Discordian profile.  That's my way of being warm in a world that's freezing Hell.

We're not all sinister, you're generalizing.  Sure, we tend to be a bit less polite on the whole, because it frees us from convention and we just like it.

But this is the warmth thread, so cheers.

Cain

Jasper

I don't know, man.  I was hoping no one noticed.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Benny on January 13, 2007, 05:34:18 AM

Why do I hang out here? 

you either really love it
or really hate it
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

LHX

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2007, 06:39:27 PM
Who's we?

there is no we anywhere

except where it is warm

wtf?
neat hell

Cain

Benaclypse

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on January 13, 2007, 08:29:01 PM
Quote from: Benny on January 13, 2007, 05:34:18 AM

Why do I hang out here? 

you either really love it
or really hate it
Well, actually it's a bit of both; unity and all that good jive.  I do really hate some Discordians, but usually it's not the Discordians around these forums I hate, but the Discordians in high places who wouldn't admit that they're Discordians.  Of course probably everybody is somewhat Discordian.  I also really love some of the Discordian wisdom, wit, and humor, though I think some Discordians can be just another glitch in the paradise the world could be.  Then again, sometimes it's a glitch in the myopia the world can be, and usually it's the latter.  So yeah, I don't really hate these forums much and somewhat love them, but sometimes I think it's better to just delete any thoughts of discord from my reality grid.  After all, I might have plenty of time to meditate on dear, sweet and warm Discordia in the aftermath of the aftermath (aka death).
:evil: