News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Meyers-Briggs Personality Type

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 03, 2008, 09:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Meyers-Briggs Personality Type Are You?

INTP
32 (29.6%)
INTJ
12 (11.1%)
INFP
13 (12%)
INFJ
4 (3.7%)
ISTP
2 (1.9%)
ISTJ
1 (0.9%)
ISFP
0 (0%)
ISFJ
0 (0%)
ENTP
12 (11.1%)
ENTJ
3 (2.8%)
ENFP
10 (9.3%)
ENFJ
1 (0.9%)
ESTP
0 (0%)
ESTJ
0 (0%)
ESFP
0 (0%)
ESFJ
1 (0.9%)
Meyers-Briggs is flawed / does not fit me.
5 (4.6%)
I hate polls.
3 (2.8%)
No idea.
7 (6.5%)
WOMP
2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 108

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: Payne on April 05, 2008, 06:41:12 PM
ATTN: INFP's

I HAET YOU ALL. PLEASE TO MOVE TO ANOTHER BOX.

My only concession is DaveDim (oh so DIM!) who I have yet to meet in a drinking competition. I will kill him with my alcohol prowess.

YEAH, WELL, UR A FAGET!!
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Eve

INFP, same result I've been getting for the past 2-3 years (ENFP before that).

Quotecreative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, blah blah blah, EMO.
:x
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

gathabloodline

The test made want to be not me. I am not that morbid am I? Can't be. Call me morbid will you, and i will kill you until you die. INFP. but I vote I don't know. Knowing things makes you less prone to possibilities.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think that depends on how you internally define "knowing".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

There should be a personality test that gives a completely inaccurate personality reading, and then see how much the person will then try to identify themselves conforming to the innacurate reading. A lot of times people believe things about their personality because some online test tells them to.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Cain

Quote from: Pope Naughty Nasturtiums on April 05, 2008, 08:27:08 PM
There should be a personality test that gives a completely inaccurate personality reading, and then see how much the person will then try to identify themselves conforming to the innacurate reading. A lot of times people believe things about their personality because some online test tells them to.

I think we discussed doing that in pychology once.  I'm pretty sure there are tests that have been done on it, however, to send one in to quizilla.com or something would be amusing.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Well, they also try to predict the future as well, which makes them even less credulous.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on April 05, 2008, 08:52:30 PM
Well, they also try to predict the future as well, which makes them even less credulous.

since you are ENTP, i predict you will meet a dark stranger. then, your love life will align with uranus.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Vene

Quote from: triple zero on April 05, 2008, 08:57:45 PM

since you are ENTP, i predict you will meet a dark stranger. then, your love life will align with uranus.
Hehe, you said "uranus." :D

Durivan

I had a passing interest in MBTI tests awhile ago.

I've gotten INFP for the last couple of years,  I got INTP when I was younger but that might of been because I kept my feelings locked up and almost never let out (I basically bought in to the men are tough and never show emotions and other macho nonsense when I was younger and tried to act that way.)

I'm also not at all surprised that we have lots of N's and P's here.  S's  tends to like "facts" and J's tend to like have everything planed out so chaos would be a nightmare to them.

my other predictions are:
Cabages tend to be S's.   
Greyfaces tend to be SJ's.

My opinions on the test are that it can easily be wrong and doesn't carry that much wieght, but it can give you some insights into how different people think.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

gathabloodline

I am going into psychology, and I guess I will find out soon enough, or I could do the research, but while I am searching I will leave this question.

I guess this would fall along the lines of everything that discordianism strives against, but do any test results cause individuals to behave the way they believe they should?

I would flesh it out a bit, and I am sure there people who do this, but i would more interested in the test that tests this behavior.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Vene on April 05, 2008, 09:11:01 PM

whatwhat?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: triple zero on April 06, 2008, 03:28:20 AM
Quote from: Vene on April 05, 2008, 09:11:01 PM

whatwhat?

OK!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."