News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

COMING SOON TO A COMIC STAND NEAR YUO!

Started by Dr. Paes, May 19, 2008, 12:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Paes

Twice as racist as Hitler, less honest than a politician, and able to alienate forums in a single post.
It's Daruko: Defender of Noobs...

COMING SOON

Dr. Paes

Cramulus

*deep breath*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AH AHAHHAH AHA HAHAHA AHAHAHAHAH AHAHA hahahahah ahah aha hhahhahhhhhrhrrrrrrr
HA HA HA HAHAH AH AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

e

Post of the motherfucking EPOCH.

(typo in panel 6, by the way)

:mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens:

Cainad (dec.)

BWAHAHAHAAAA... :lulz: :lulz:
:lulz: :lulz:
:lulz:

:banana: :mittens: :thumb:

I don't care about being non-inflammatory anymore. This making lulz squirt out of my pores.

Dysnomia

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Daruko

:retard:

enjoyed the comic

the twice as racist, dishonest...etc.. comment helped inspire the following thoughts:

I heard last night about group studies being done in which the group (or several members in the group) accuse whatever an individual says as being dishonest or phony.  Of course, everything one says can easily be interpreted this way, and this creates a lot of mess. [ A group which examines and analyzes the behavior of itself, or of one of it's members, is "turning the camera on the monitor."] When members of a group analyze the behaviors of a particular member, the outcome resembles the old absurd ritual of "thinking about thinking" which we humans seem to "think" we do (how about 'know about knowing'?).  Really, it is a natural consequence of being self-conscious.  I think it's... I'm not sure I would use the word natural here... likely maybe, that this sort of behavior will provoke Anxiety and Guilt for many, especially for the noob (or the unscathed).  "Was I really authentic?"  Soon the n00b... we'll call him Steve, shall we?  Steve gets himself all worked up into this vicious circle, worrying about this and that, almost stuck watching himself; watching others watch him.   Or, perhaps Steve doesn't care.  I mean, all I'm trying to conjure here is this idea of group thinking about thinking, and thinking about group thinking.

I thought of PD, naturally, when listening to Alan Watts expound upon the group experiments last night.   And perhaps it was because I was impressioned from the Alan Watts zentalky that I decided to conceptualize something peculiar and maybe even appealing about PD, and taking part in the chaos here.

The idea is this:  Adversity on PD is a good zen trick, that forces you (in some cases, maybe mine) to "think about thinking about thinking about thinking" to put it like Watts would.   To continue on with the current course and see it through, encounter challenges to be consistent, and to be permissable- These are both fruitless and necessary endeavors for the uninitiate.    I've complemented Ratatosk's old signature before ("Igne Noobus Renovabitur Integra"), and I think it possesses a similar essence as this idea.   

Another example might be the common story about one who willingly becomes the student to the "zen master" who offers him nothing whatsoever, and tells the student straight out that he is wasting his time.  After a week of sitting outside the temple starving and meditating and whatnot, the student proves himself stupid enough to admitted.  In other words, there can be little doubt for the student, feeling very foolish by this point, that the truth is not found inside the temple.  He is doing this himself, and the zen master has even tried to dissuade him.  However, many students still fast and meditate and almost kill themselves to get into the temple, never failing to realize the zen master really hasn't any truths to tell.   The only help the master can give them, if any, is encouragement to follow their own course consistently, so that they will see the results more swiftly.  Of course, the true master is the one who makes the grass green. 

Internet drama, and group analysis thereof is generally tricky and/or lulzy, but I think PD has quite the zen trick.

I suppose this is a bit of a threadjack, but as the character is based upon some of my meandering about, I thought I may as well muck it up with more Daruko material.
Anything for the lulz   :lulz:

Kind of fucking about too.   What do you think about the idea here?    Any serious thoughts, or just tl;dr?

Chairman Risus

Can you repeat the middle part?
            \\

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: daruko on May 20, 2008, 01:26:03 AM

enjoyed the comic

the twice as racist, dishonest...etc.. comment helped inspire the following thoughts:

I heard last night about group studies being done in which the group (or several members in the group) accuse whatever an individual says as being dishonest or phony.  Of course, everything one says can easily be interpreted this way, and this creates a lot of mess. [ A group which examines and analyzes the behavior of itself, or of one of it's members, is "turning the camera on the monitor."] When members of a group analyze the behaviors of a particular member, the outcome resembles the old absurd ritual of "thinking about thinking" which we humans seem to "think" we do (how about 'know about knowing'?).  Really, it is a natural consequence of being self-conscious.  I think it's... I'm not sure I would use the word natural here... likely maybe, that this sort of behavior will provoke Anxiety and Guilt for many, especially for the noob (or the unscathed).  "Was I really authentic?"  Soon the n00b... we'll call him Steve, shall we?  Steve gets himself all worked up into this vicious circle, worrying about this and that, almost stuck watching himself; watching others watch him.   Or, perhaps Steve doesn't care.  I mean, all I'm trying to conjure here is this idea of group thinking about thinking, and thinking about group thinking.

I thought of PD, naturally, when listening to Alan Watts expound upon the group experiments last night.   And perhaps it was because I was impressioned from the Alan Watts zentalky that I decided to conceptualize something peculiar and maybe even appealing about PD, and taking part in the chaos here.

The idea is this:  Adversity on PD is a good zen trick, that forces you (in some cases, maybe mine) to "think about thinking about thinking about thinking" to put it like Watts would.   To continue on with the current course and see it through, encounter challenges to be consistent, and to be permissable- These are both fruitless and necessary endeavors for the uninitiate.    I've complemented Ratatosk's old signature before ("Igne Noobus Renovabitur Integra"), and I think it possesses a similar essence as this idea.   

Another example might be the common story about one who willingly becomes the student to the "zen master" who offers him nothing whatsoever, and tells the student straight out that he is wasting his time.  After a week of sitting outside the temple starving and meditating and whatnot, the student proves himself stupid enough to admitted.  In other words, there can be little doubt for the student, feeling very foolish by this point, that the truth is not found inside the temple.  He is doing this himself, and the zen master has even tried to dissuade him.  However, many students still fast and meditate and almost kill themselves to get into the temple, never failing to realize the zen master really hasn't any truths to tell.   The only help the master can give them, if any, is encouragement to follow their own course consistently, so that they will see the results more swiftly.  Of course, the true master is the one who makes the grass green. 

Internet drama, and group analysis thereof is generally tricky and/or lulzy, but I think PD has quite the zen trick.

I suppose this is a bit of a threadjack, but as the character is based upon some of my meandering about, I thought I may as well muck it up with more Daruko material.

Kind of fucking about too.   What do you think about the idea here?    Any serious thoughts, or just tl;dr?
:fap:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

enjoyed the comic

I hate Zen
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

enjoyed the comic

Shut up.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dysnomia

enjoyed the comic

:|
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Dr. Paes

Will Paesior ever decide what tense he's writing in?
Does he have any idea where the plot is going?
Does he still think he's being funny?

Tune in next week to find out!

Cramulus

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: x 100,000

funniest thing I've read on PD in months

DAMN I'm glad we initiated you into the WOMP Cabal