News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 29, 2016, 12:50:44 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 28, 2016, 09:24:24 PM
Quote from: Freeky on September 27, 2016, 09:36:06 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2016, 09:33:02 PM
Reading is how the demons get in your eyeballs.

This is true, and it's why all books should be banned unless it's the Bible, and we really shouldn't look at that too hard, either.  Just in case.

The Bible puts THE MOST demons in your eyes tho...

No, "Bob" does, but only after you pay in COLD, HARD CASH.

Well... ok. You're right. Per capita most demons per page for sure. I'm just guessing here, but sometimes I think maybe "Bob" figured out how to reverse-engineer the ark of the covenant.

I'm absolutely certain that calling it "planet 9" was some sort of last ditch attempt to keep "Planet X" propaganda from proliferating and leading folks to the Church and true prosperity. Like no doubt whatsoever.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 28, 2016, 11:49:01 PM
Cain I just wanted to note that I stared at the reply box for several minutes on the child abuse investigation article after reading it, trying to compose myself..

The fact it's happening still
is a welcome sign to me
that not ALL the fruits have rotted
on the tip-top branches of the tree.

Poetry aside, I think I mostly need something to punch.

Was it the Dutroux one by any chance? If not, then you've probably got much worse to read yet. That entire thing is still easily in the top 10 worst things I've ever forced myself to read.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 29, 2016, 01:00:00 PM
Cain I just wanted to note that I stared at the reply box for several minutes on the child abuse investigation article after reading it, trying to compose myself..

is a welcome sign to me

Was it the Dutroux one by any chance? If not, then you've probably got much worse to read yet. That entire thing is still easily in the top 10 worst things I've ever forced myself to read.

This article here. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37500878

What is this Dutroux? A Frenchman? I've never heard of. Got a link?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 29, 2016, 02:41:23 PM

is a welcome sign to me

Cain had a good link to a long investigative piece, will try and dig it up if he's not got it handy. I'm sure he'll remember the one I'm talking about.

In short, belgian, be glad you've never heard of him / associated shit. I can't properly warn you enough about how grim it is though and given the subject matter I'm not saying that lightly. The larger implications of the whole thing are quite Fucked up too. It's a whole heap of all kinds of horrors. Makes the UK shitshows look like amateur hour. Seriously, you may want to just stop now and save yourself from it, I wouldn't think any less of you for it.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 30, 2016, 12:00:10 AM

is a welcome sign to me

Cain had a good link to a long investigative piece, will try and dig it up if he's not got it handy. I'm sure he'll remember the one I'm talking about.

In short, belgian, be glad you've never heard of him / associated shit. I can't properly warn you enough about how grim it is though and given the subject matter I'm not saying that lightly. The larger implications of the whole thing are quite Fucked up too. It's a whole heap of all kinds of horrors. Makes the UK shitshows look like amateur hour. Seriously, you may want to just stop now and save yourself from it, I wouldn't think any less of you for it.

All I can say is few things will likely be a total surprise.  :cry: I'm thinking about it before I say yeah though. Thanks. I'm frustrated enough for now and certainly not out of the woods on depression just yet either.

On a not entirely unrelated note I think I'll try to get more of my own story down tonight. Just my perspective and experience of violence as I said I would months ago now. It ties into other stuff though.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

So, teleconference with my boss and the HR chief tomorrow.

They are going to once again demand that I fire one of my custodians (Tonya) for purely contrived reasons.  She had, while she was working in the kitchen, complained about discrimination.  Accurately. She was allowed to transfer to my department because doing so automatically put her back on probation, and it was expected that I would fire her like a compliant little middle manager.  Of course, I was on probation, so they would then have fired me to tie off any loose litigation ends.

when I refused, my probation was extended, and then just recently ended.  The rat in the department, Debra, has however been feeding the boss and the HR guy whatever she can, based on her decades long fight with Tonya's mother, who died several years ago.  It's all shit, but the boss and the HR guy of course have a vested interest in believing her, despite numerous witnesses to the contrary.

So I'm not going to fire her, and they're going to fire me.  Not tomorrow (if they were ready to move, they'd have had me come down to the university, but soon.)

But, yanno, smartphones and shit.  Not going down alone.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Shit, man. Why do the good jobs have to be nestled in horribleness?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on September 30, 2016, 03:43:24 AM
Shit, man. Why do the good jobs have to be nestled in horribleness?

Because horrible old bastards like good jobs, too, and they get there years before we do.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: SuuCal on September 28, 2016, 03:07:13 AM
Quote from: Freeky on September 27, 2016, 03:52:14 PM
https://pima.bibliocommons.com/list/share/324530247/707736609?_ga=1.32996286.1478290541.1474987019&from_login=true

I went to the public library's website to reserve some books, and there was a thumbnail that caught my eye: Martha Reads Banned Books and one of the books featured in the thumbnail was Harry fucking Potter and the god damn Sorcerer's Stone.  So I looked to see what was on the least and lo! thirty books were on the list, with a comment about each.

Apparently, the first book of the Hunger Games trilogy is "occult/satanic," and Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee just says "If there's a possibility that something might be controversial, then why not eliminate it."

I facepalmed so hard, you guys.

Missing "The Handmaid's Tale." I'm surprised. That one is a hot topic now.  I haven't gotten to it yet, but considering how it takes place in a Christian totalitarian post-United States, I can see why some people want it squirreled away.

Is it making the rounds again? It was such a big deal when it first came out, but I haven't really heard people speak of it since then.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2016, 02:01:04 AM
So, teleconference with my boss and the HR chief tomorrow.

They are going to once again demand that I fire one of my custodians (Tonya) for purely contrived reasons.  She had, while she was working in the kitchen, complained about discrimination.  Accurately. She was allowed to transfer to my department because doing so automatically put her back on probation, and it was expected that I would fire her like a compliant little middle manager.  Of course, I was on probation, so they would then have fired me to tie off any loose litigation ends.

when I refused, my probation was extended, and then just recently ended.  The rat in the department, Debra, has however been feeding the boss and the HR guy whatever she can, based on her decades long fight with Tonya's mother, who died several years ago.  It's all shit, but the boss and the HR guy of course have a vested interest in believing her, despite numerous witnesses to the contrary.

So I'm not going to fire her, and they're going to fire me.  Not tomorrow (if they were ready to move, they'd have had me come down to the university, but soon.)

But, yanno, smartphones and shit.  Not going down alone.

Fuck 'em. They step, you step. Everybody gets a court date. You're not on probation and she's in your department right? That's your call and they know it. He NEEDS you too. That's not academic or they would have dropped you for a convenient replacement before that happened. All they can do it try'n troll mutherfucking TGRR out of a job. Troll back, innocent as a dove like. If they fire you after a big enough stink it's their asses and a disgrace to all the projects that they may be involved with. Not to mention legally actionable as fuck. It's their balls in the vice, not vice-versa.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 30, 2016, 12:32:54 AM

is a welcome sign to me

All I can say is few things will likely be a total surprise.  :cry: I'm thinking about it before I say yeah though. Thanks. I'm frustrated enough for now and certainly not out of the woods on depression just yet either.

On a not entirely unrelated note I think I'll try to get more of my own story down tonight. Just my perspective and experience of violence as I said I would months ago now. It ties into other stuff though.

https://isgp-studies.com/belgian-x-dossiers-of-the-dutroux-affair

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on September 30, 2016, 12:22:37 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 30, 2016, 12:32:54 AM

is a welcome sign to me

https://isgp-studies.com/belgian-x-dossiers-of-the-dutroux-affair

Yeah, that's the one. Not a good read if you're suffering from, well, anything. Certainly not advisable for the depressed as there's no smiles and sunshine here.

Roger, that fucking sucks. Make sure there's off-site backups of any all pertinent evidence (Sucking eggs, etc.) Can you not just feed these fuckers to the bear?   

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Last day of the first official week of grad school. So far, so good! I like teaching a lot more than I thought I would; these students are in a different world than the psych students I had as a TA in Perception. This is so much better, and I'm on my own running the lab so it's a whole different dynamic.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

That sounds great! It's incredible how far you've got with all this in what seems like a relatively short time.

I've spent the past week driving over 1800 miles to various places that make bumblefuck, Nowhere, look like the height of modern civilisation. Roads frequently not quite as wide as a single car, traffic direction around fucked wagons and all kinds of other nonsense means my head is utterly wrecked and I'm pretty damn happy to start Saturday night right fucking now.

Ziegejunge