News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Jenne's Vacation Photos

Started by Jenne, July 26, 2010, 12:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Your family is very beautiful, Jenne.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on July 26, 2010, 03:29:38 PM
cool pix! CA has some really beautiful landscapes - and I simply MUST visit the redwood forests

^

he looks like he's narrating some nature documentary  :lol:

California has some of the most incredible, diverse, and breathtaking landscape anywhere. It makes me wish I'd taken more pictures, honestly, just to show how staggeringly beautiful it is. There are parts along Highway 395 that make you feel unworthy. In fact, Google image search it... it will give a semi-glimpse into the experience of driving it, but the truth is that it is thousands of times more breathtaking and epic in person.

BITCHES DON'T KNOW ABOUT ABOUT CALIFORNIA.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Here are a few off of Google:

And remember the Shoe Tree? That's on 395 too.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Thanks. Sometimes I forget how stunning Cali is. Now I miss it all over again.  :)
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Jenne

Went to post this earlier this a.m. and the board imploded or something:

Thanks, Ladies!

Stella--it's "permanent"--I've been reminded recently there's no recent decents of me--so I'll post a better pic of my hair soon so you can see how it was done.  Suffice it to say it does wash out rather often--blood red runs in the shower!  I have a few tricks I've learned so I can stay out of the salon where they redo it for an ASTRONOMICAL price and not twice a month or so--you just put the dye in your conditioner and use that instead of regular conditioner.  It works for about 6-8 weeks.  You should go for it, and if you're adventurous, just have a friend start it for you with the bleaching and then go for it with the color.  Halloween is the perfect time to "try it out."  I, paradoxically, started in APRIL... :lol:

Suu and Nigel--thank you thank you.  I love my boys.  They have sooo enjoyed their travels recently, so I include them in the pix for that factor alone.  And it makes me happy to see them in the pictures, too.  It's too bad none of the ones of us in the caverns turned out very well, but I blame the lameass camera--my husband'd left HIS very NICE Cannon in the car!  :x

That whole area of California's just...so very...you can't really describe it, and there's no ONE place of it that you can use to represent it.  So much to offer...it boggles.

If you travel around CA, you see we're more than just the sum of our assholes and idiots.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Jenne on September 14, 2011, 12:14:06 AM
Stella--it's "permanent"--I've been reminded recently there's no recent decents of me--so I'll post a better pic of my hair soon so you can see how it was done.  Suffice it to say it does wash out rather often--blood red runs in the shower!

*theme from "Psycho"*
I know temporary is bad about that. Sometimes I get in a mood and throw on some burgundy and it does that for a week.

I have a few tricks I've learned so I can stay out of the salon where they redo it for an ASTRONOMICAL price and not twice a month or so--you just put the dye in your conditioner and use that instead of regular conditioner.  It works for about 6-8 weeks.  You should go for it, and if you're adventurous, just have a friend start it for you with the bleaching and then go for it with the color.  Halloween is the perfect time to "try it out."  I, paradoxically, started in APRIL... :lol:

I've been meaning to go to Cat for the longest...I like the second-to-last pic. Not the cut, but the red chunks.  :D My nape hair won't bleach, it's like Japanese hair or something, I can fry it to straw and it's still orange.  :x
But the top and front bleach ok. I like the conditioner idea. Do you mix it fresh each time or mix it all at once?

Jenne

The red chunks are what I have!   And I just got it redone, so it should photograph well in good light.  

I put the manic panic (or whatever you use) in a smaller bottle with color-protecting conditioner after shampoo.  And I use it whenever I condition.  I don't start doing this, however, until the salon streaks are WEAK.  And then I manic panic them, rinse out, put on a glaze (you can get OTC stuff cheap for this), and THEN I use the rest of the manic panic in conditioner form whenever I wash (about every 3-4 days...?).

Just use old towels to dry your hair with.  Oh, and get some goop around your hears, hairline and nape unless you wanna look like you've been dying your skin instead.  :lol:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Jenne on September 14, 2011, 12:59:51 AM
The red chunks are what I have!   And I just got it redone, so it should photograph well in good light.  

PICS!!!!!  :D

QuoteI put the manic panic (or whatever you use)

Manic Panic's the way to go, it's all herbal and stuff, no animal testing, etc. Can't get it in Seguin but it's fairly cheap on the website. :D

in a smaller bottle with color-protecting conditioner after shampoo.  And I use it whenever I condition.  I don't start doing this, however, until the salon streaks are WEAK.  And then I manic panic them, rinse out, put on a glaze (you can get OTC stuff cheap for this), and THEN I use the rest of the manic panic in conditioner form whenever I wash (about every 3-4 days...?).

Sounds like a winner. Thanks!  :D

Just use old towels to dry your hair with.  Oh, and get some goop around your hears, hairline and nape unless you wanna look like you've been dying your skin instead.  :lol:

Yeah, I learned that the time I actually skinned my ears scrubbing Colorsilk out.  :horrormirth: