News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 26, 2012, 02:46:14 AM

IT as in information technology.

Wait.  Discordians are defining themselves by their day jobs now?

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 26, 2012, 03:22:49 AM

Wait.  Discordians are defining themselves by their day jobs now?

No, it was just another bit of information about those pair.

Anyway, Simon and Peter.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Placid Dingo

Had an extremely valuable chat last night at 1am, to Adam Gorightly about the history of Discordia.

theres some great stuff from him and Suzy the Floozy here; http://archive.efforums.net/images/stories/audio/mp3/2012/DiscordianismSubgenius.mp3

Recording from DragonCon.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 27, 2012, 02:34:13 AM
Had an extremely valuable chat last night at 1am, to Adam Gorightly about the history of Discordia.

theres some great stuff from him and Suzy the Floozy here; http://archive.efforums.net/images/stories/audio/mp3/2012/DiscordianismSubgenius.mp3

Recording from DragonCon.

Susie has been one of my favorite people for 15 years.  I still talk to her at Scrubgenius.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

I cant see that image.

The pair i spoke to had (surprise!) Differing views on Subgenii vs Discordia. The Subgenii present told me he was Subgenius when angry, but Discordian when he calmed down.

Seat of bees was to do with an actual seat of bees they saw that morning, and was to do with embracing intellegent rational responses to the world around you rather than being scared; embrace the unanticipated through laughter, not fear.

I embrace the unanticipated with song and dance,

That's usually when the unanticipated turn around and jab me with their elbows.

The unanticipated don't enjoy surprise showtunes.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Placid Dingo

Placid Dingo

Nephew Twiddleton

If youre going to bus it from boston to nyc or vice versa opt for greyhound. Fung wah is cheaper but is notorious for catching on fire and/or abandoning its passengers in connecticut.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Placid Dingo

Twid, Rog, Garbo, appreciate the travel advice.

It looks like Austin is off the table after all.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Placid Dingo on October 02, 2012, 01:48:44 AM

If you fly into Logan and then bus it from Boston to NYC, I throw in for some, if not all of the bus fare.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 02, 2012, 02:14:57 AM

If you fly into Logan and then bus it from Boston to NYC, I throw in for some, if not all of the bus fare.

Twid thank you so much. When I'm finally on the road, other than accepting a couch from those who have one spare, I'd like to pay for myself as much as possible, budgeting into the trip an ability to shout a meal or drink for my subjects. I'm aware that without the participation of others this project is nothing, so I'd like to act with gratitude.

If you'd like to help out though, what I'd honestly appreciate is five or ten dollars to my crowdsourcer (http://pozible.com/Eris) and a share on Facebook. That would make my day.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Placid Dingo on October 02, 2012, 03:18:45 AM

Twid thank you so much. When I'm finally on the road, other than accepting a couch from those who have one spare, I'd like to pay for myself as much as possible, budgeting into the trip an ability to shout a meal or drink for my subjects. I'm aware that without the participation of others this project is nothing, so I'd like to act with gratitude.

If you'd like to help out though, what I'd honestly appreciate is five or ten dollars to my crowdsourcer (http://pozible.com/Eris) and a share on Facebook. That would make my day.

I will be able to on Thursday.

Eitherway, I'm still going to chip in for whatever transport and get you at least one meal and one beer (I said beer, btw, not crap. Good stuff.)

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Placid Dingo on October 02, 2012, 03:18:45 AM

Also, bollocks to that. I can't guarantee you a free ride in New England, but you'll get a "here you go, dude" Here and there.

Placid Dingo

Miley Spears

Quote from:  link=topic=32728.msg1186978#msg1186978 date=1341182853

I keep hearing about how many Discordians are in Brazil, so that would be really great. I was going to see if I could make contact with the blogger who's apparently a big Discordian figure.

Brazil has a best butt contest where women show their butts behind a table like DaVinci's The Last Supper. Maybe that's why there's so many Discordians there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5MzGXPMdQs
Keep your hands in your pockets when you're talking to me.