News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Prayers of the Faithful to The City

Started by Sister Fracture, May 14, 2011, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister Fracture

"I remember what I said, those months ago.  I didn't realize you would take it so seriously, I was only joking.  

I know you're taking me, and soon, too.  Can't you just let up a little bit between now and then?  I need to see that look on a face when they look at me, I need to hear that tone, those words, leave a pair of lips when they speak to me.  I would throw almost anyone under the bus that you drive, almost anyone.  Just leave him, and the little one, and her, and theirs, leave them out of it as well. Leave them for the time it takes, and it will be such a short time.  There are so many others you can focus on, and your reach is long and cruel.  I dream of what you'll do when you find them. And you'll find them all, one day at a time, and with all the time to find them in.  But please, it's just such a short time, grant me this last little mercy.

Please."

A frightened Tucsonite, taking a big chance by attracting attention to herself, and begging pointlessly to the God-city for mercy.
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is good. Very good.

I think we've all felt like that at least once. Some of us, a few times, or a few hundred times.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Jeepers Creepers! How do you appease a God-city when it hungers?
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Freeky

As far as I know (I was really pillzed up last night, and in a different space), you can't.  You just take it in the ass without lube until it's finished, which even when you're expecting it, that is not much consolation.

I think I'm going to start carrying a first aid kit with me.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 14, 2011, 10:54:06 PM

Tucson?  Heh, the best you can do is hope it lands on someone else.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2011, 05:52:30 AM

See, New York felt like it had a plan to get everyone, right in a row, but it had people lined up in its own way. Boston felt like it was waiting to leap out and smash someone into the pavement and then fade into black leaving a red smear and manic giggles behind. Albuquerque just waited, period, to see who fell over and who slipped through the cracks and those it swallowed. Chicago was actively attacking everyone all the time, in tiny ways, wearing them down one grain of skin at a time.

And I was only passing through those places.

The most experience I have had with a city was Davenport, Iowa and it was sulky, petulant and lazy. It reeked stagnation and it seeped into everyone's pores until they leaked stagnation out of every crevice. But it wasn't actively out to get anyone. Just hold them still long enough for the algae to creep up out of the river and cover them.

Tucson sounds plain vicious.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 15, 2011, 06:01:02 AM

See, New York felt like it had a plan to get everyone, right in a row, but it had people lined up in its own way. Boston felt like it was waiting to leap out and smash someone into the pavement and then fade into black leaving a red smear and manic giggles behind. Albuquerque just waited, period, to see who fell over and who slipped through the cracks and those it swallowed. Chicago was actively attacking everyone all the time, in tiny ways, wearing them down one grain of skin at a time.

The most experience I have had with a city was Davenport, Iowa and it was sulky, petulant and lazy. It reeked stagnation and it seeped into everyone's pores until they leaked stagnation out of every crevice. But it wasn't actively out to get anyone. Just hold them still long enough for the algae to creep up out of the river and cover them.

Tucson is a bad country song.  No, scratch that, it's the allosaurus of American cities, in a nation of fat, slow stegosauruses.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2011, 06:04:17 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 15, 2011, 06:01:02 AM

Tucson is a bad country song.  No, scratch that, it's the allosaurus of American cities, in a nation of fat, slow stegosauruses.

Feed the fucking poisoned tacos.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2011, 06:04:17 AM
No, scratch that, it's the allosaurus of American cities, in a nation of fat, slow stegosauruses.

THAT is a brilliant way of saying it.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on May 15, 2011, 04:43:24 AM
As far as I know (I was really pillzed up last night, and in a different space), you can't.  You just take it in the ass without lube until it's finished, which even when you're expecting it, that is not much consolation.
Yeah.
You live through it. Because They WANT you to kill yourself, or somebody else, or become a junkie or an incoherent babbling mental case or a wino passed out in his own piss and vomit beside the dumpster, so they can tsk-tsk and say "See? We were right." That's the whole point.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Freeky

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on May 15, 2011, 09:37:59 PM
As far as I know (I was really pillzed up last night, and in a different space), you can't.  You just take it in the ass without lube until it's finished, which even when you're expecting it, that is not much consolation.
Yeah.
You live through it. Because They WANT you to kill yourself, or somebody else, or become a junkie or an incoherent babbling mental case or a wino passed out in his own piss and vomit beside the dumpster, so they can tsk-tsk and say "See? We were right." That's the whole point.

The concept of a They does not exist in the Religion of Tucson (would that we were so lucky to have a They to point at).  The following is the cration myth, the original scripture, the Book of Genesis of Tucson, THE BEGINNING of the God-City, and Eris' adopted holy land.

QuoteThere is a reason Tucson is a horrible place. The land itself is sentient. It is angry. It hates us all.

The land beneath Tucson was once beneath a great sea. And it slept deeply in the cool and the dark. The seas receded, and the land's dreams became broken. The sun beat down, and the land grew fitful. The wind blew across it, and the land's surface became dry. The Heat came, and the land awoke.

It was angry, for it wanted to return to the quiet and constant night it once had. New kinds of life sprung into being, and the land became angrier still. When man came to build his cities, the land was wrathful, and drove him to insanity, but man would not – could not – leave. The land wanted man to pay for the scars he had put upon it, and would not allow him to leave. It wanted him to pay.

It took his dreams and broke them, as its own dreams were once broken. It took his will and crushed it. It dangled escape in front of him, only to snatch it away at the last second. And man became lost, there in the desert, though he did not realize it. And it gave the land grim satisfaction to cause man great suffering. And man multiplied, and the land became more enraged and more delighted, had more lives to destroy.

It still yearns for sleep, the land. Until then it will take we who remain and play with us as the dog plays with the rat – shredding us to bits, leaving us when there is nothing left of us. The land is angry. It is joyful. It hates us all.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on May 15, 2011, 09:52:17 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on May 15, 2011, 09:37:59 PM
As far as I know (I was really pillzed up last night, and in a different space), you can't.  You just take it in the ass without lube until it's finished, which even when you're expecting it, that is not much consolation.
Yeah.

The concept of a They does not exist in the Religion of Tucson (would that we were so lucky to have a They to point at).  The following is the cration myth, the original scripture, the Book of Genesis of Tucson, THE BEGINNING of the God-City, and Eris' adopted holy land.

QuoteThere is a reason Tucson is a horrible place. The land itself is sentient. It is angry. It hates us all.

The land beneath Tucson was once beneath a great sea. And it slept deeply in the cool and the dark. The seas receded, and the land's dreams became broken. The sun beat down, and the land grew fitful. The wind blew across it, and the land's surface became dry. The Heat came, and the land awoke.

It was angry, for it wanted to return to the quiet and constant night it once had. New kinds of life sprung into being, and the land became angrier still. When man came to build his cities, the land was wrathful, and drove him to insanity, but man would not – could not – leave. The land wanted man to pay for the scars he had put upon it, and would not allow him to leave. It wanted him to pay.

It took his dreams and broke them, as its own dreams were once broken. It took his will and crushed it. It dangled escape in front of him, only to snatch it away at the last second. And man became lost, there in the desert, though he did not realize it. And it gave the land grim satisfaction to cause man great suffering. And man multiplied, and the land became more enraged and more delighted, had more lives to destroy.

It still yearns for sleep, the land. Until then it will take we who remain and play with us as the dog plays with the rat – shredding us to bits, leaving us when there is nothing left of us. The land is angry. It is joyful. It hates us all.
Ah, I see now.
Shoulda known...I went to AZ one, a long time ago. If you found a puddle (this is rare), there were 13 frogs in it. If you found a tree, there were 20 people under it. Only well-to-do people had a lawn. I went to a bar in Windon or Wickenburg, one of those, and there was a big stain on the ceiling. They told me it was from a guy who sat at the bar and blew his brains out. They left it like that.

I've read that the desert used to be a shortgrass prairie, but the cattlemen ran their herds across it and fucked it up. The land hasn't forgotten that, either.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."