OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

So, I may have a straight job again, back in my field.

Which is good, because - and I can't believe I'm saying this - I'm getting sick of slapping people.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 03, 2015, 05:24:52 AM
I am, for the PD record, supercrazydiculously in love with Alty. Like, why did he ever even live in Alaska when he was clearly meant to be here making me stupid happy?

C:  I didn't say it before, but I'm really happy for youse guys.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 04, 2015, 02:50:09 AM

Which is good, because - and I can't believe I'm saying this - I'm getting sick of slapping people.

Sweet!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's great!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on October 04, 2015, 03:57:06 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 03, 2015, 05:24:52 AM
I am, for the PD record, supercrazydiculously in love with Alty. Like, why did he ever even live in Alaska when he was clearly meant to be here making me stupid happy?

C:  I didn't say it before, but I'm really happy for youse guys.

Thanks! It's great. He's great.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I got made admin of a huge philosophy group despite the fact that I specifically said that I don't want to be admin and have low tolerance for philosophiical wankery.  :kingmeh:

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 04, 2015, 03:44:14 PM
I got made admin of a huge philosophy group despite the fact that I specifically said that I don't want to be admin and have low tolerance for philosophiical wankery.  :kingmeh:
Wow... and they just went and screwed the duck anyway. I'd start deleting posts and challenging complainers to prove that they ever existed so I can Socratically troll them until they ban me. Involuntarily admining someone should be a dicey decision at best.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Very glad to hear sir!  :)

Like any art, once you're slapping folks around as work it just loses something.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Defrock all other admins, start reign of terror.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 04, 2015, 05:30:00 PM

Seconded.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 04, 2015, 07:22:58 PM

Seconded.

Thirded.

President Television

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 04, 2015, 07:27:08 PM

Seconded.

Thirded.

Fourthed. Be the villain this world needs.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Meunster

Quote from: President Television on October 04, 2015, 08:00:27 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on October 04, 2015, 07:27:08 PM

Seconded.

Thirded.

Fourthed. Be the villain this world needs.

5thed. It's power. Go abuse it.
Poe's law ;)

Cainad (dec.)

Reply to every single thread with "Actually, that's wrong." Ideally, after several people have voiced their dumb ideas.

NEVER type anything else in the group.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Congrats! Good to see you land on your feet.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."