News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Check your significant other privilege, spaglord.

minuspace

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

In my social circles the only acceptable form of communication is slowly sipping your whiskey and staring grimly into the distance.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

QueenThera

In my social circles, you must offer up one item of blackmail material (minimum) to gain entrance, in addition to demonstrating one obsessive interest with a universe of your own devising.
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

Meunster

Quote from: Faust on December 29, 2015, 05:17:37 PM
As in bucket list or holidays?

A spiritual bucket list to be my chaotic, nihilistic, assholey self, before I go and get values like loyalty, honor, and honesty installed in my hard drive.

20 days till basic training. I know it won't change who I am completely, but it's going to change some of my core values so I want to give this me a good send off, before a better person steps up and takes his place.
Poe's law ;)

LMNO

Quote from: Meunster on December 29, 2015, 09:46:16 AM
20 days to live life.

What do?
Quote from: Meunster on December 30, 2015, 04:23:15 AM

A spiritual bucket list to be my chaotic, nihilistic, assholey self, before I go and get values like loyalty, honor, and honesty installed in my hard drive.

20 days till basic training. I know it won't change who I am completely, but it's going to change some of my core values so I want to give this me a good send off, before a better person steps up and takes his place.

Be compassionate to others, leave a place or person better than when you found it.

The Good Reverend Roger

In my social circles, we do nothing.  Because we all froze to death.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Meunster on December 30, 2015, 04:23:15 AM

It will change who you are more than you think, if you stick it out.  Not because it changes your methods of approaching things, but because your priorities change entirely.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

I am in the mood for some alien abduction.

I'm gonna grab one of those little grey freaks and give it a probin'.

That's right, fuckers.  I have your "galactic space brotherhood" right here.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 30, 2015, 01:15:43 AM
In my social circles the only acceptable form of communication is slowly sipping your whiskey and staring grimly into the distance.

:fap:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Got up the mountain this morning.  Everyone's still frozen stiff.  Am ordering spacesuits for the crew.

We are down to eating the sled dogs.  If this journal is found, please tell my family that science is a trick on White people, and that the Nation has been laughing at us since 1958.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 31, 2015, 03:43:19 PM
Got up the mountain this morning.  Everyone's still frozen stiff.  Am ordering spacesuits for the crew.

We are down to eating the sled dogs.  If this journal is found, please tell my family that science is a trick on White people, and that the Nation has been laughing at us since 1958.

You really should have armed them with tanks when you had the chance. They may have made it quicker.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 31, 2015, 04:15:35 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 31, 2015, 03:43:19 PM

You really should have armed them with tanks when you had the chance. They may have made it quicker.

No, no, the one thing the Nation agrees on is that they do love their jokes.  From the maintenance bays, I can see Baboquivari Peak, and when things are quiet, I can hear I'itoli laughing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Anyway, Zenpatista is supposed to get here in a couple of hours.  I'll be giving him and his offspring a tour of the joint.  I'll be using an SUV out of the motor pool, on account of I don't want them turning blue from anoxia walking up to the 4 meter dome.

The Good Reverend Roger

It's worth noting that on July 12,2008, the EISCAT high powered space transmitter on Svalbard used its array of radars to send a Doritos ad to a solar system 42 light years away.  So, when people talk about getting rid of the NES and the NSF and then funding science privately, just remind them that in 2050, some aliens are going to feel very, very let down over the whole "first contact" thing.