News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Occupy Milwaukee: Interviews, Commentary, and More!

Started by The Wizard Joseph, October 16, 2011, 04:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Just yesterday I attended the Occupy Milwaukee rally and march.  I went there to protest for the first time and decided to document as much stuff as possible.  Here's the best I could do with a good audio recorder and bad wind.  The Occupy protests are definitely under reported, so I felt like bringing as much of the spirit as I could back home to this place.  I've got plans of my own for some of these files, but consider them property of nobody and offer them for the interest and use of the folks here. 

Interviews

These are based on 2 simple questions and my own flavor of trouble making.  Question 1 was "What does the Occupy Movment mean to you?"  Question 2 was "What does the federal income tax pay for?" followed by a wild assertion out of Teabagger mythology that may or may not be accurate.  It pays only for the interest on the national debt. Don't care If that's accurate or not, it was fun and the interviews were a blast to do.
I tried to get a good demographic slice, but came up heavily skewed to males.  It proved more difficult to get females to agree to an "Anonymous Audio Interview" than I thought it would be.

OMilwaukee Interview 1 Bob     OMilwaukee Interview 2 Karen     OMilwaukee Interview 3 John     OMilwaukee Interview 4 Jesse     OMilwaukee Interview 5 Jerri
OMilwaukee Interview 6 Dan     OMilwaukee Interview 7 Matt     OMilwaukee Interview 8 Mike     OMilwaukee Interview 9 Allen     OMilwaukee Interview 10 Phil
OMilwaukee Interview 11 Jared     OMilwaukee Interview 12 Frank     OMilwaukee Interview 13 Anonymous     OMilwaukee Interview 14 Tom     OMilwaukee Interview 15 Richard
OMilwaukee Interview 16 Daniel     OMilwaukee Interview 17 Russ & Alex     OMilwaukee Interview 18 Victor(en Espanol)

Slogans & Shouting

This is a collection of protest slogans being shouted by REAL ANGRY people.  Fun to listen to and may make great fodder for video background noise.

Who's Street, Our Street     We Are The 99%     This Is What Democracy Looks Like     This Is What Democracy Looks Like, But Shorter
The Rich Got Bailed Out, We Got Sold Out     They Don't Pay, We Don't Pay     We Are The 99%, Again     More Who's Street, Our Street
Slogan Failure

Sounds & Rants

Here we have a few select pieces of audio for your pleasure.  I didn't manage to get as close as I wanted to some of the speeches going on, but there you have it.

OMilwaukee, Angry Educator In The Wind & The People's Mouth
OMilwaukee, Occupy Everywhere
OMilwaukee, Yes They Are
OMilwaukee, Marching Beats
OMilwaukee, Circle Beats

Event Reporting and Commentary

While participating in the march I felt the need to note what was going on around me.  This is the collection of those thoughts and a chronological record of events as the protest moved.

OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #1     OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #2     OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #3
OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #4     OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #5     OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #6
OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #7     OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #8     OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #9
OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #10     OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #11     OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #12
OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #13     OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #14     OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #15
OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #16 (Teabagger Edition)     OMilwaukee Commentary By T.w. Joseph #17

I sincerely hope the folks here enjoy the files and find them useful.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Placid Dingo

Off to bed now but I intend to have a listen to a few of them.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Wizard Joseph

Take your time Twid, they ain't going anywhere.  I've done a fair number of rants since I got to LaCrosse as well, but have not posted them yet.  I will eventually.  Been out of the loop and adjusting to a nice strenuous job for the last couple of months, but will probably be able to put out audio rants every couple of weeks in the furure.  I REALLY wish I had the resources to do more interview type recordings on Occupy.  Things have been.. difficult, but I'll get at least some stuff done and out in the next few months here.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Placid Dingo

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

The Wizard Joseph

These ones in particular all have this in the descriptor on Kiwi6.com.

Courtesy of ErisErotica.com, Middle Coast Omni Media Inc, and The WIzard Joseph. Copyleft 2011 MCOMI. All Rights Reversed. Don't Be a Jerk Or Eris May TAKE INTEREST In You.

Do whatever you like with these files. 

On other files like my personal rants I reserve my rights in in the sense that they should be copied and or distributed only in their entirety.

Of course I can't really afford to enforce any of that crap legally.  The only likely reason I'd try is in the event of using my rants for slander or to take my statements out of context.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327

At least you found an Occupy camp to record, I run Occupy Louisiana on Facebook holding it down for the entire state...

Only problem is there is NO Occupy camps in Louisiana!

Sure there are a few anarchists in New Orleans who think they are a part of Occupy and try to get people to vote for Ron Paul or not at all, and tried to 'Chalkupy' Obama when he spoke there but found it hard to chalk a sidewalk in the rain, but they are obvious fucktards who may be working for the COINTELPRO...

So yeah no Occupy to be found, so i spend all my time trying to piss off the Anarchists by posting horrible stuff about Romney and Jindal...

Kinda makes me realize that Discordians are the few same people in America compared to all the clueless minions of the so-called counter-cultures on all sides...

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: GavrielDiscordiaEPIS on September 10, 2012, 12:41:26 PM
At least you found an Occupy camp to record, I run Occupy Louisiana on Facebook holding it down for the entire state...

Only problem is there is NO Occupy camps in Louisiana!

Sure there are a few anarchists in New Orleans who think they are a part of Occupy and try to get people to vote for Ron Paul or not at all, and tried to 'Chalkupy' Obama when he spoke there but found it hard to chalk a sidewalk in the rain, but they are obvious fucktards who may be working for the COINTELPRO...

So yeah no Occupy to be found, so i spend all my time trying to piss off the Anarchists by posting horrible stuff about Romney and Jindal...

Kinda makes me realize that Discordians are the few same people in America compared to all the clueless minions of the so-called counter-cultures on all sides...
Greetings GavrielDiscordiaEPIS!

Did you mean sane here?

Yeah, it was an adventure to say the least. The perspectives I gained from the interviews were quite interesting indeed. Most of the folks were non-political beyond expressing anger about jobs and unfair treatment. The complaints are legit.  I made a point to ask a subjective question. "What does Occupy mean to you?" then for the lulz and to check knowledge base I asked if they were aware what the federal income tax pays for.  I also got a FREE bottle of water out of the deal!  :lol:

I'd like to see some examples of what you mean by "horrible stuff about Romney and Jindal."

I find that perhaps the best thing Discordia can impart is an understanding that polar opposites are not truly separate. There is always a wave and spectrum involved.

I sincerely hope that you are enjoying your PD experience. Do be careful of the drugs threads... and the feminism threads... and the Madjik threads..... and the occasional, rare pirate thread.  Really, just do be careful.  :)

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl