News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Fuck Yeah! Education!

Started by Vene, May 18, 2010, 11:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Holy fuck.  I have to admit, I was slightly on the fence about this at first.  But after reading those last few posts, I am appalled.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Yea, alphapance, that is some egregious shit.

Requia ☣

The best part is, the boston globe (where the report is hosted) *defended* the school, because it was clearly, only being used to prevent violence.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

President Television

This is the only thing I have ever read on the Internet that has made me shiver with rage. This is the only thing I have read on the Internet that has ever caused me to throw things and punch holes in walls. It's positively despicable that they can get away with giving children that kind of treatment. Anyone want to organize an assault on Israel and his associates? I'll lead it personally.
This kind of issue has a special pain for me, because I was dumped into the special education program in grade 5. Even in the mainstream public education system, even in Canada, special needs students are treated like subhumans. There's a stigma for sure. From my experience, all of the professionals in the area of special education are under the impression that special needs means stupid. It's bad enough to be treated like you're lower than everyone else. Electric shocks and institutionalized isolation make it a nightmare.

I will hunt Dr. Israel down and I will cut him up.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: CAPTAIN SLACK on June 05, 2010, 08:43:18 PM
This is the only thing I have ever read on the Internet that has made me shiver with rage. This is the only thing I have read on the Internet that has ever caused me to throw things and punch holes in walls. It's positively despicable that they can get away with giving children that kind of treatment. Anyone want to organize an assault on Israel and his associates? I'll lead it personally.
This kind of issue has a special pain for me, because I was dumped into the special education program in grade 5. Even in the mainstream public education system, even in Canada, special needs students are treated like subhumans. There's a stigma for sure. From my experience, all of the professionals in the area of special education are under the impression that special needs means stupid. It's bad enough to be treated like you're lower than everyone else. Electric shocks and institutionalized isolation make it a nightmare.

I'm in favor of organizing something. As long as that something is non-violent.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

President Television

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 05, 2010, 08:47:00 PM
Quote from: CAPTAIN SLACK on June 05, 2010, 08:43:18 PM

I'm in favor of organizing something. As long as that something is non-violent.

Well, you can do that. I encourage it. Who knows, maybe I'll even calm down a bit. But he deserves to be punished. As I am right now I want to hook him up to one of his own machines at the very least.

EDIT: Look at this: http://www.judgerc.org/

THIS is their logo:

Crayons. Fucking crayons.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Golden Applesauce

The thing is, this is science fiction.  This is 1984, this is A Clockwork Orange.  Comic book villains do this.

And in the comic books, King Mob or the X-Men or whoever bust in and trash the place and rescue the students.  (In science fiction the students tend to organize something using psychic powers, but I think that's even less applicable here.)

But this isn't a comic book, this is real life, and comic book solutions aren't going to help.  As much as you might want to mutilate the people in charge (and, unless you're an actual psychopath, I suggest that doing that in practice would be much less enjoyable than you might imagine behind your keyboard,) doing that has zero chance of changing anything unless you somehow were to incapacitate so much of the faculty backbone simultaneously that these institutions would have to shut down due to lack of manpower and then be unable to rebuild.  I submit that if anyone had the level of manpower, organization, and sophistication to execute organized, simultaneous, targeted brutalizations of the JRC top level, then they probably have enough to get the JRC closed some other way (and we also would want to keep the JRC students away from such hypothetical violent goons.)

Can you imagine what would happen if someone sent a SWAT team or similar into one of these places?  The majority of the students already have severe emotional problems, and a good chunk of them are autistic or have PTSD.  Sending in uniformed guys with big scary guns is a recipe for disaster.

And if some kind of vigilante activity was successful in removing (the technical term is "kidnapping," I believe) students from the JRC building, what would that accomplish?  What do you do with a dozen or a hundred or more children with profound behavioural disorders and who require intensive psychological and psychiatric therapy?  Send them back to the "my son is just like a real human being" parents who put them there in the first place?  Dump them at some orphanage and hope that it somehow has the resources to deal with the children who have already fallen through every crack in the system it's possible to fall through without actually dieing*?  Load them onto a Firefly-class transport and go planet-hopping, trying to stay one step ahead of the feds?

I do have some constructive ideas, and I'll post something in GASM command when I get something written together.

*some have actually died, but unless you invented a resurrection device, I don't think anyone could rescue them.

(@Captain Slack - if reading about this kind of thing causes you to literally punch holes in walls, perhaps you might require some aversion real therapy?

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

President Television

I know that violence won't solve anything in this case. It was just an expression of anger. It wasn't meant to be taken at face value.

Anyway, I'd really like to hear about these ideas of yours. I'm confident that if we all do what we do best, we can cause serious mental anguish to the nazis responsible for this facility.

EDIT: Name suggestion: RotGASM?

Jasper

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: CAPTAIN SLACK on June 05, 2010, 11:18:23 PM
Anyway, I'd really like to hear about these ideas of yours. I'm confident that if we all do what we do best, we can cause serious mental anguish to the nazis responsible for this facility.

EDIT: Name suggestion: RotGASM?

I was thinking something involving the word Resistance as a reference to the electrical devices they use, but I don't like the overtones of the word - when I here "the Resistance" or "Resistance movement" I think of really scruffy people running an ineffective guerrilla war - and I don't think people would get the electricity reference.  RotGASM is works here, but I don't want to explain to the normal people I'm planning on talking to that "no, the name isn't an orgasm joke, well okay, it kind of is, but that's not the point, alright?"

And I think we can aim higher than just making life unpleasant for the people doing this - I think we can effect positive change.  (It might help a little, though - every minute the administrators have to spend dealing with us is a minute they aren't spending running, expanding, or promoting the JRC.)

Zyzyx

President Television

Quote from: Zyzyx on June 06, 2010, 12:13:52 AM
http://sacred-texts.com/eso/taz.htm#labelCommuniqueHalloween

I'll just leave this here.

Mahdghjickques? In my evil school annihilation plot?

EDIT: That being said, this might make for a decent mindfuck if we want to freak them out. I doubt they'll be that superstitious, though. If they were, I think they'd be worried about going to Hell.

Hoser McRhizzy

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on June 05, 2010, 10:53:21 PM
The thing is, this is science fiction.  This is 1984, this is A Clockwork Orange.  Comic book villains do this.

Well said.

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on June 05, 2010, 10:53:21 PM
I do have some constructive ideas, and I'll post something in GASM command when I get something written together.

Looking forward to it.  I'll contribute what I can from the MDRI UN appeal.
It feels unreal because it's trickling up.

Golden Applesauce

2/3rds done with the GASM post, should have that up within the next 12 hours - got sidetracked into family game night and now I need to sleep.  Stayed up till 6 am last night researching this stuff.

LMNO

GA, your post was exactly why I was on the fence initially.  Their environment is horrible.  The environment they face if we shut down the school is horrible.  If ther were a better place to shelter these kids, don't you think the parents would have done it?

Ok, I'm drunk, and I'm gonna say it.  In New York City, in 2010, kids like these are FUCKED.  Their parents can't take care of them, they don't belong in a hospital, they don't belong in jail, and there are no "schools" that exist where teachers are able to communicate with and educate them.

In the current pragmatic view, the only option seems to be to move somewhere with incredibly cheap rents or mortgage, have one parent work, while the other stays home and raises a child that doesn't follow any of the norms regarding emotional or intellectual development, with no training or assistance. 

For the parents out there, would you like to raise a three-year old for 50 years, who eventually become as physically strong as you? 

Everyone is fucked, from all sides.  To see these kids get tortured is to see the worst part of humanity abusing the saddest truth of humanity.