News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Omar Ravenhurst had big feet.

Started by Zurtok Khan, May 15, 2005, 10:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zurtok Khan

An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before. An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before.
-Mark Twain

Letting Eris guide you is (need I say it?) a chaotic and enlightening experiance.  Of course, she's not guiding me, because she doesn't exist, or something.  But, putting all that aside I came to a realization.

I knew it cerebrally.  I knew of it's logical truth, but an experiance had not occured with me where I realized it as a deeper part of truth, as something that cannot be put into practise as a mere cerebral truth.

The harder you put up a front of being something, the less of it that you're going to actually be.  The Christians trying so hard to be Christ-like fail.  The Chaotes trying so hard to be Chaotic fail.  The Discordians trying to sow Discord fail.  And, I'm not even talking Taoism here, although it's certainly applicable.

I suppose it can all be summed up in one quote that I found in my pocket book of Zen, "Do not follow in the footsteps of great men.  Seek what they sought."

I think thats where many people who come here go wrong, instead of being who they are (whatever that means, I'm not even sure), they be who they think WE want THEM to be.  They try to follow the footsteps of Omar Ravenhurst and end up falling face first in the snow.  I don't think WE want THEM to be anything.  We might prefer certain types of people, but we're not going to spend nights crying into our pillows because of it.

To the Nubs (and the not-so-Nubs) we don't want anything from you.  Well, at least I don't (besides sex, of course).

Roger, we don't want anything from you either.  Be 2003-2004 Rog, or 2099-3000 Roger for all we care.  We trust that you'll still be Roger.

Everyone else, I don't want anything from you.  Ohh, certainly allowing you to mentally masterbait me (which is my next delivery from the pulpit, actually) is nice, but do I need it?  Do I crave it?  No. No.  I can honestly say I might want your respect, but with or without it I'm going to keep eatting, breathing, sleeping, and masterbaiting.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain