Miley Spears: A retraction, no apology, and laughs at your expense.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 15, 2012, 02:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Okay, folks, I just got a certified letter from Miley Spears, demanding a retraction and a cease and desist notification with respect to accusing her in two threads of "Being Uncle BadTouch, a pedo, a statuatory rapist", etc.

Now, having read the ridiculous and horribly written letter, and the fact that the return address is in one town, but the postage paid in another, and given the fact that she couldn't even keep her middle initial straignt, I have the following things to say:

1.  While I shit on her legal threats from a great height, the postage was from Hillsboro Texas and the return address is in Cleburne, Texas, so the odds of her actually being Reverend Uncle BadTouch are vanishingly small.  For my own integrity, I hereby retract all statements to the contrary, and all slurs and insults associated with those statements.

That being said:

2.  The jackass known as Miley Spears has committed 2 postal code violations, one of which is a felony (involving sending statements of legal intent under an assumed name).  The letter will be referred to the postmaster for the lulz, rather than "to my attorney" as she suggested.  She also somehow assumes that Texas law applies to non-Texans for events that did not occur in Texas.  Also, by bypassing the ban and doing so under an assumed name, she has violated Arizona law (although, granted, that one is just about as enforceable as her idea). 

3.  Her demand to be reinstated to the forum is hilarious and is denied without consideration.

4.  She doorstepped my old man, just like Tentasticle did.  This isn't going to go unanswered (hence my turning her letter in to the US postmaster, among other hysterical - and legal - things.)  NOTE TO INTERNET PSYCHOS:  My father is an ill Septagenarian.  He doesn't need your shit.  If you really MUST send me bullshit threats, etc, PM me and I will give you my address.  Alternately, email me at drhowl123@yahoo.com.

5.  I will scan and post the three pages of hilarity on this here thread, with only my father's address redacted (not her PO box, etc).  I will also respond to her via email, and post that as well.  There is no reason I should hog up all the fun.

More to follow, this evening.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

Oh... oh this is just delicious.

Please let me know what I can do to assist in any manner.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

You know, there's all the people who claim to follow the Fluffy Pink Unicorn Eris™, who really do some evil shit if they feel slighted.

I don't think I've ever witnessed any of us who lean towards the Eris of Strife, Doom, and Horrormirth™ doing anything nearly as bad (even when pushed).

Don Coyote

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 15, 2012, 02:33:56 PM
You know, there's all the people who claim to follow the Fluffy Pink Unicorn Eris™, who really do some evil shit if they feel slighted.

I don't think I've ever witnessed any of us who lean towards the Eris of Strife, Doom, and Horrormirth™ doing anything nearly as bad (even when pushed).

maybe it's because we know and accept how fucked the world can be and is.  pointing how messed up things are isn't breaking our illusions. Our mybe it's because we aren't Bayshore insane

LMNO

Quote from: American Jackal on November 15, 2012, 02:49:03 PM

maybe it's because we know and accept how fucked the world can be and is.  pointing how messed up things are isn't breaking our illusions. Our mybe it's because we aren't Bayshore insane

Bayshore insane is pretty fucking crazy.

Cain

There's also the inherent hilarity in a Discordian running to the legal system to soothe their butthurt.

Because, you know, when Eris was slighted, she filed a motion for damages to reputation and character with Zeus.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on November 15, 2012, 02:53:07 PM
There's also the inherent hilarity in a Discordian running to the legal system to soothe their butthurt.

Because, you know, when Eris was slighted, she filed a motion for damages to reputation and character with Zeus.

I'm not quite sure about you Brits, but the American legal system pays its dues to Eris - this explanation is actually pretty convincing.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Don Coyote

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 15, 2012, 02:51:30 PM
Quote from: American Jackal on November 15, 2012, 02:49:03 PM

gotta love autocorrect :lulz:

Bayshore insane is pretty fucking crazy.

hooplala

First, I firmly believe Miley Spears came to PD with the intention of this taking place.  It's clearly a set up... obviously she knows Uncle BadTouch, and he is certainly aware of what his reputation around here is.  And when the accusation was finally made, she tossed out that initial cease and desist post pretty fucking fast.  It's amusing to think that she and Lovesahde thought this would worry Roger in any way. 

Second, that whole bit about Eris also being the goddess of bureaucracy... remind me when that was added?  I'm assuming in the 50's, but who knows with those crazy ancient greeks.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Yeah, I can't argue with the idea that this was potentially a set-up right from the very start.  The proxies, association with Uncle BadTouch, constant sniping at Roger...it's very suggestive.

However, it's also a very poor one because not only is this going to intimidate Roger, it's also clearly a screw-up on the legal front.  On so many levels, in fact.

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on November 15, 2012, 03:28:55 PM
Yeah, I can't argue with the idea that this was potentially a set-up right from the very start.  The proxies, association with Uncle BadTouch, constant sniping at Roger...it's very suggestive.

However, it's also a very poor one because not only is this going to intimidate Roger, it's also clearly a screw-up on the legal front.  On so many levels, in fact.

We should be documenting this for posterity.  The text book way to DO IT WRONG.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

I'm now eagerly awaiting my cease and desist notification with respect to the claims that Uncle BadTouch is a Globally Designated Terrorist and listens to Justin Bieber.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 15, 2012, 03:29:52 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 15, 2012, 03:28:55 PM

We should be documenting this for posterity.  The text book way to DO IT WRONG.

I will be posting the letter in it's entirety (scanned), minus my father's address, and then the hilarity will begin.

I am not intimidated in the slightest, for reasons that will become obvious when the letter is posted.  What I AM is more than slightly annoyed that my father has been exposed to this shit.  This annoyance will result in - as I have said - the letter being forwarded to the postmaster, with the relevant postal regulation attached.

The funny thing is, the person that may wind up being investigated is the owner of the PO box.  I doubt that is Mily Spears herself.  Considering that my father was brought into this, I have no qualms about making an uninvolved person's life a series of tragic misunderstandings.  My father is not a well man, and this was unwarranted.

NOTE TO MILEY, AS I KNOW YOU CAN SEE THIS (given you could see the comment I made about banning you):  Next time you decide to go IRL with an online issue, make sure you have your information correct.  The address you used was my father's, not mine.  This matter will not be dropped.  Good day.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on November 15, 2012, 03:37:59 PM
I'm now eagerly awaiting my cease and desist notification with respect to the claims that Uncle BadTouch is a Globally Designated Terrorist and listens to Justin Bieber.

Well, they're my people, Cain.  They do this because they need me.

LMNO

Quote from: Hoopla on November 15, 2012, 03:24:15 PM
Second, that whole bit about Eris also being the goddess of bureaucracy... remind me when that was added?  I'm assuming in the 50's, but who knows with those crazy ancient greeks.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/book/27.php
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/book/41.php
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/book/58.php

Part of the House of the Rising Podge, also included in the calendar, and the Chao.