News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 16, 2015, 04:48:55 PM
Our slicer is nothing like those slicers, FYI. It's some sort of two-million-dollar stove-sized contraption.

I must have one.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on July 17, 2015, 01:45:22 AM
A few days ago, there were Muslims protesting in Chattanooga over Robert Doggart being released on bond after being indicted on charges of planning a massacre in Islamberg, NY. Of course, good Christian folk around here had already interpreted this as a sign of an impending Islamic takeover of America.

Today, some guy named Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez shot up two military sites in Chattanooga, killing four Marines.

I have a feeling a lot of things are about to go sideways around here.

Recruiting offices, as I understand it.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 17, 2015, 01:55:49 AM
A few days ago, there were Muslims protesting in Chattanooga over Robert Doggart being released on bond after being indicted on charges of planning a massacre in Islamberg, NY. Of course, good Christian folk around here had already interpreted this as a sign of an impending Islamic takeover of America.

Today, some guy named Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez shot up two military sites in Chattanooga, killing four Marines.

Hadn't heard or been looking for news today, but it's Yahoo's top story.
I wanna punch his face. Also want to know EXACTLY who these women they detained were.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chattanooga-active-shooter-officer-down-live-coverage-154953657.html

On a different note of the same very sad song.. how is this domestic terror, but that Roof asshole was not.. last I heard?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Bruno

A recruiting office and a "Naval Operation Support Center". I'm not sure what exactly that would be, but, yeah. Something like that. Offices of some type, as opposed to bases, or something else you might expect to be somewhat fortified.
Formerly something else...

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Emo Howard on July 17, 2015, 10:24:19 AM

A recruiting office and a "Naval Operation Support Center". I'm not sure what exactly that would be, but, yeah. Something like that. Offices of some type, as opposed to bases, or something else you might expect to be somewhat fortified.
In other words the softest targets possible you might find in the phonebook? I couldn't get over the gangland methodology. If I understood correctly an HP rifle right through the glass doors was at least how the first shooting went down. Just fuckin peachy.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

minuspace

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 16, 2015, 04:48:55 PM
Our slicer is nothing like those slicers, FYI. It's some sort of two-million-dollar stove-sized contraption.

Me-me-me! got first dibs on using the slicer:  I propose using the slides to stack the images and feed it though some electron scanning & propagation software I wrote for project Oro-borrows.

I can use it, for science, without ever having to touch it, see?  Everyone wins!

I promise I wont use it for cooking like those "other" applicants.  My solution is renewable!

I think it is my contract, indubitably, right? :lulz:

Cain

Joy.  Overtime tonight.  Useless fucking part time worker who will only be here until not even midnight and might as well not even be here because she is just that useless.  22 expected arrivals on this shift alone, 17 arriving all at the same time.  Mostly Chinese, and young, meaning their English will be terrible. 

I'm never doing overtime again.  It's not worth losing being able to actually see sunlight for an extra day for this nonsense.

Cain

1 hour into work and my expectations of a clusterfuck have been exceeded considerably by events on the ground.

Also, whoever decided a building for foreign students should have an internet sign up system which asks 50 fucking questions, including the ever important "Twitter Account Handle", rather than just giving students a username and password, should be shot.  Repeatedly.  In the stomach,

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I got sent home because the heat is fucking with the cryoslicer.  :sad:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Holy fuck that was 5 hours of hell.   26 inductions done, my throat is in pieces, paperwork is nowhere near up to date.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 19, 2015, 09:17:00 PM
I got sent home because the heat is fucking with the cryoslicer.  :sad:

There's a joke in there, but I can't seem to find it.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 20, 2015, 12:27:15 AM
Holy fuck that was 5 hours of hell.   26 inductions done, my throat is in pieces, paperwork is nowhere near up to date.

I cannot even imagine. Gah.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube