News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 23, 2012, 01:02:40 PM
The cheapest is indeed bus.  Trains, as it turns out, are only slightly less expensive than flying.  Forget renting a car.

You could also try the charity route, and have discordians from one state/town drive you to meet discordians in another state/town, and so on.

Alright, nice. I'll start sorting pragmatics soon. I'll get my travel guy to tell me if there's any good bus pass options etc. Greyhound Discovery pass could be good. About 550 for two months travel.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Just travel light. The more of your stuff you can keep on you, the less likely it is to get stolen. Bus stations have way more security than they used to, but they're still scummy.
If you're going from NO to Austin, you'll probably have a layover on Houston. Houston is the only bus station in Texas with a checkpoint, if you have a pocketknife or something, they'll take it away because, well, Houston sucks.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Placid Dingo

ta.

I'm doing my research right now on Brazil too.

Under the impression I should mail my tablet back possibly before travel there. Unsure.

The Johnny

theres digital audio recorders that are smaller than an 8 bit nintendo controller with high fidelity, that would cost you about $85 USD.

I have a Panasonic RR-US550 that has proven to me its field reliability, in the sense of data capacity, and its audio fidelity that made recording indoors and outdoors with a lot of noise and distortion not a disablement of the use of the audio for transcription.

One rarely has the chance to have interviews in audio-proof enviroments and without the proper equipment some interviews can go directly into the trash bin.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 25, 2012, 12:32:15 AM

theres digital audio recorders that are smaller than an 8 bit nintendo controller with high fidelity, that would cost you about $85 USD.

I have a Panasonic RR-US550 that has proven to me its field reliability, in the sense of data capacity, and its audio fidelity that made recording indoors and outdoors with a lot of noise and distortion not a disablement of the use of the audio for transcription.

One rarely has the chance to have interviews in audio-proof enviroments and without the proper equipment some interviews can go directly into the trash bin.

I'll check this out.

Placid Dingo

Please click on the following link and request to join the group; this is an 'inner circle' group of people who have indicated that they would like to be directly involved in the Chasing Eris project.

This group is going to be used to plan travel and organize events. If you don't have Facebook, no problem, let me know and I'll set you up with another way to keep in the loop.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/348818361870069/

Brenton.

Placid Dingo

I'm going to PM that link to all the slackers who haven't connected up yet  :argh!:

Also I'm starting to think that there needs to be some kind of pass the parcel - Discordian pass along, something going on. Something I can bring to each person I meet with, take something and leave something, similar to the art shirt idea. Any takers?

LMNO

Sounds like a plan.  How about a Frost Heaves CD, or a copy of the CTC?

Placid Dingo

That sounds great. I'm meeting with Dr Jon Swabey in a bit under a month, so I might forewarn him of my intentions, give him something cool of mine and hopefully score something exciting to pass along to the next person I arrange to meet up with, and do a continuous Erisian trade.

Placid Dingo

ALSO if you've already joined the group but I've failed to connect the name to the handle, sorry for spagging your inbox.

Placid Dingo

In the Discordia in Portuguese group, one guy got a comment deleted and cracked the shits, leading to in-group sniping, 'dont argue in front of the noob', and 'I quit, nice tantrum princess'.

It's nice to know Discordians gonna Discord, no matter where you go.

Edit; Spelling, quotation marks.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Lenin McCarthy

Just pledged a few Norwegian kroner. I'm excited about this project!

Placid Dingo

Oh thank you!

You in fact have the honor of tipping me over the 1/4 mark!