News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Very Short Stories (3 sentences)

Started by Cramulus, December 15, 2008, 09:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Determination ran in the family, although one might argue paranoia, that perpetually crippling offspring of the "healthy imagination" he'd possessed as a child, was just as common in what his father half-jokingly referred to as "the clan."  Sitting before his school principal, the confidence he wore seconds ago melted when he realized he hadn't prepared a coherent way of presenting his argument.  The time for such things having passed, he proceeded, "I want to create a pention to ban history from our school, or something to protect us from time travelers who might use our own history against us, or...?"
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Iason Ouabache

Seeing my final report card was the biggest disappointment in his life. He decided there was only one thing to do.  The murder of crows sitting in the tree above him flew off as soon as the last ember went out.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cramulus

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 16, 2008, 10:49:58 PM
Determination ran in the family, although one might argue paranoia, that perpetually crippling offspring of the "healthy imagination" he'd possessed as a child, was just as common in what his father half-jokingly referred to as "the clan."  Sitting before his school principal, the confidence he wore seconds ago melted when he realized he hadn't prepared a coherent way of presenting his argument.  The time for such things having passed, he proceeded, "I want to create a pention to ban history from our school, or something to protect us from time travelers who might use our own history against us, or...?"

:spittake:

Brotep

Quote from: Cortázar or someshitCuando despertó, el dinosaurio todavía estaba allí.

(When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.)

Kai

Slowly maneuvering his net into the stream, the biologist braced against the current and kicked at the substrate. Overhead, the gold and orange leaves blocked a bright autumn sun and whispered in the breeze. Moments later he lifted his net from the water, close to his face, and smiled at the success of his catch.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Richter

Before we knew it, it was over.  We were sad that it was done.  May we remember to treasure what we have.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Quote from: Eve on December 16, 2008, 04:12:43 PM
Quote from: Suu on December 16, 2008, 01:56:56 PM
Quote from: Eve on December 15, 2008, 11:02:14 PM
Quote from: Suu on December 15, 2008, 10:05:11 PM
And then, they peed their pants.

Eh.. no offense, Suu, but it's not exactly telling a story. I mean, if there isn't at least a little bit of embellishment to it, what's the difference between "here's a story" and "here's a sentence"?

It's kind of an old joke between my brother and I. He once took a paper I was writing in high school, and put "and then, they peed their pants" at the beginning and the end of it. Complete with illustrations. Not only did I almost kill him, but he insisted that all great literature needs to contain it or at least end with it.

Besides, Cram did say 3 sentences or less:mrgreen:

I will have to start putting that line in papers, just to see what happens. :D Your brother sounds very wise.

I won NaNo with that line. It gave me enough words.  :lulz:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

I hope they deliver my dry cleaning before the office party starts. It's not that I want to attend. It's that I have to cut through the party on the way to the parking lot, and it'd be nice to be wearing pants when I do.

Richter

I removed the butter from the crock, and carefully carved a hollow into the semi - solid condiment.  Within, I deposited the horrid matter i had produced, fitted the mass back in the crock, and returned it to the fridge.  The roomates would dig too greedily and too deeply, and soon they would find it.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mangrove

Hello Dallas, we love you! What was that noise? To the hospital!
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

Did you hear that?  Shhh.  There it is again...

AFK

It was an average Tuesday.  Well, except for that mean wind from the west.  It was that last gust that forced me into the median. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 17, 2008, 07:34:07 PM
It was an average Tuesday.  Well, except for that mean wind from the west.  It was that last gust that forced me into the median. 

That's a good one.

hooplala

Gyro Bottom was saddled with what most would agree was a dismal name.  To be fair, he did his best to attempt to overcome, and rise above the name, but in the end the name drew rock.  Despite what anyone ever has the balls to tell you, NOTHING beats rock.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

Quote from: HOOPLA on December 17, 2008, 08:32:43 PM
Gyro Bottom was saddled with what most would agree was a dismal name.  To be fair, he did his best to attempt to overcome, and rise above, the name, but in the end the name drew rock.  Despite what anyone ever has the balls to tell you, NOTHING beats rock.

I like how this story implies that Gyro Bottom tried on other names, but they all sucked compared with GYRO BOTTOM