News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Therefore, the gods are DICKS

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 15, 2008, 11:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I believe that sometimes, the gods make people who are so different from the usual mold that it is a challenge for them to simply live a normal life.

And they say, This one will have a hard time in life, they will see more and feel more, and it will make them love us more closely, because they will understand the nature of reality a little more keenly.

And they take these ones for themselves, and make them very different from others, though they seek to live the same kinds of lives.

They live as best they can, struggling, and many people love them, but they always feel a little lonely, and not quite find a pure meeting of minds.

The gods say, I will take and take this one, and he will be a complement to this other one, but they will not meet soon in life. They will have to wait until life has overcome them, and they have learned from it.

They will meet many others who admire them and want to be close with them for a while, who will love them and have good things together, but they will not be able to meet and be truly happy together; they are not the complement to this one.

After a time the unusual ones become guarded and close, they become fearful, and not able to give themselves wholly, because they have given themselves, and not been wholly accepted; they have not found their complement. If they were to open themselves and ask the gods, What am I do do? They would receive their answer, but they have closed themselves and cannot hear it until they open again.

But when they open again, they will hear the answer, when they have learned enough for them to know their complement. Even though life has been difficult, when they are ready and they have struggled through obstacles and become strong enough in living to be able to know their partner, this part of life will open and they will recognize their helpmeet, the one who is loved enough by their own gods to be the complete match for them, the one who will love them for all the unusual qualities they hold, nourish them and hold them in all their wholeness, and when this happens all parts of their life and consciousness, and everyone they touch, will be richer.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The punchline is, since this pretty much applies to everyone, it follows that the gods are GIANT DICKS.

DICKS DICKS DICKS DICKS DICKS
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I thought it was pretty good, Verb, regardless of the giant dicks.

edit: or whoever you are, namechanging spag.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Brotep

Well yeah, but you gotta ask whether it's reasonable to expect complete understanding and acceptance.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

WHATEVER, my chicken Buffy made a nest out of wigs.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Actually, to be entirely serious, I don't think any two people will understand each other 100% all the time. However, in the successful relationships I've seen (among which mine were not) I HAVE seen complete acceptance and love for the whole person... even the things which are irritating. Not only that, but old people who stayed together happily for 50+ years have told me that the "secret" is really just making a decision to accept the other person, give them room to be themselves, and to work toward loving them every day.

Brotep

Quote from: Hoopla! on December 17, 2008, 02:17:47 AM
Actually, to be entirely serious
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?   :argh!:

QuoteI don't think any two people will understand each other 100% all the time. However, in the successful relationships I've seen (among which mine were not) I HAVE seen complete acceptance and love for the whole person... even the things which are irritating. Not only that, but old people who stayed together happily for 50+ years have told me that the "secret" is really just making a decision to accept the other person, give them room to be themselves, and to work toward loving them every day.

I will agree, with the stipulation that completely accepting someone doesn't mean letting them do anything to you.

For me loving someone means getting inside their head, trying to understand who they think they are, not only who I think they are.

ternechto

Don't be so guarded. Gods hide in plain sight. Gawd told me so. Keep it above the waist.

ternechto

Triple Zero

i was going to comment on this piece because i like it and was empathizing with the original poster (whoever it was). however after they changed their name and avatar like three times, I'm confused who it is and the will to do so evaporated.

it's a good piece, nicely written, but it tells a lot more about the mindset of the poster than what the reader themself can take home from it. i could identify with the person described in the piece, but i'd draw different conclusions myself. i could most probably identify the poster with the person in this piece, if only i knew who it was.

meh
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The avatar stayed the same, and I only changed the name once.

Triple Zero

when i first saw this thread i thought it was by Verbatim. maybe you were using his avatar, i dunno. it's okay, you're trying to be confusing, and i'm just telling you the effect it has on me when you write something personal.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I was using the same avatar I'm using now. I haven't changed it since I initially changed my name to Verbatim, which was before I made this thread.

I'm being neurotic and hiding, but not from anyone here. And I don't want to talk about it here, not right now.

Triple Zero

okidoki, good luck with the neuro-tics ;-) i solved the problem for myself anyhow.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's not very hard once you figure out that I'm not who I appear to be, which is obvious to people who are on the board regularly but not to drop-in visitors.