News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

We're hiring a LOT of people

Started by Disco Pickle, September 23, 2011, 10:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco Pickle

We saw our new factory/plant space today.  It was intimidatingly huge.  With the exception of some final paperwork, I now work for a new company.  

We are expecting to at LEAST double our current number of employees within the first year.  And the office space they're adding will allow an additional 50-60 employees at least, not counting shop floor workers.

We should be moving in by the first of the year and things should move very fast at that point.

A lucky bastard EE of ours was given the lead position to handle all business we are going to be doing with Google, and he's flying to Portland on monday to begin setting up his satalite office.  He'll also be wanting to find talented people to work with him.

I'm pretty stoked about it, as they use Pro-E primarily and I have wanted to get my hands in it for years.  I'm also still the only person in the company who uses Solid Edge and they want to expand that a lot, so I'll be going out to Fremont next year to sit down with their guys out there for a few weeks.

We also have offices in Austin (which I didn't know until today) and Vancouver..  and we are opening an international sales office in England.

If any of you spags know any electrical or mechanical engineers, mechanics, electricians, wiremen and the like who might be interested in picking up and moving to north east Florida, PM me and I'll give you my email, they can forward their resume and I'll make sure it gets into the right hands.

I'm going celebrating.  Have a good weekend PD.

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Jenne

That's great news, DP.  Not often we get great job news around these parts.  Enjoy the weekend.

East Coast Hustle

Fuck moving to FLA, but if they need a chef for the Portland office for whatever reason (or even the one in the Couve), let me know.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Jenne on September 23, 2011, 10:11:41 PM
That's great news, DP.  Not often we get great job news around these parts.  Enjoy the weekend.

And the thing is, with a company such as ours, that builds the sort of equipment that goes on boats and controls a buildings electrical system, if we are selling and predicting to sell at the level it would take for them to get us into a 10 year lease on a building this size, in a recession, then that means there is sun on the horizon.

We're also planning to build the largest variable speed drive, magnetic clutched UPS system ever built.  You can buy them smaller, and they're expensive, but we are going to build a prototype in house (way new territory for us) test it, and based on those tests, scale it up and build one bigger than anyone has ever built, also in house. 

Big enough to back up a city for the few important seconds it takes for the grid to reroute and re-energize without causing a blackout chain reaction like what happened in the NE a few years ago.

Exciting times.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on September 23, 2011, 11:58:00 PM
Fuck moving to FLA, but if they need a chef for the Portland office for whatever reason (or even the one in the Couve), let me know.

If you ever grow roots there and open your own catering/chef business, I will make sure he gets your name first for any company lunch/cookout.  He's a cool guy for a 34 year old PE that just got a 200% raise and a directorship.  We're not YET big enough to have an onsite cafeteria, like Bank of America does, but that doesn't mean we wont be eventually.  I'm not completely clear on just how big he will be able to expand, but considering we'll be providing new equipment and onsite service for Google whenever THEY expand, I imagine it will eventually be very extensive.