News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Pæs on June 07, 2015, 03:14:15 AM
Fortunately he's already demonstrated that he's woefully underprepared for getting away with crime, so we don't have that to worry about.

Whatever happened to the good old days of redteaming an adversary at least as smart as you and throwing in generalised paranoia?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fortunately he's already demonstrated that he's woefully underprepared for getting away with crime, so we don't have that to worry about.

True. He's also fairly clearly a SGitR.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Verdict on Bruichladdich scotch: reasonable, not good.  Cheaper ways to get drunk, but works faster than most whiskeys.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

Also, another protip: saying things like "all obstacles to my achievements will be eliminated" makes you sound like a Bond villain. . From abuser to cult leader to supervillain, You just keep on climbing rungs up the Bad Dude Ladder.Stop it.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on June 07, 2015, 03:26:07 AM

Whatever happened to the good old days of redteaming an adversary at least as smart as you and throwing in generalised paranoia?
I guess it must have something to do with how everyone is already overflowing with hilarious attempts at having a novel thought?

Demolition Squid

That Breatharian guy...  :lulz:

Tempted to email her the link and ask if this is what she meant...
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 07, 2015, 05:46:11 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 06, 2015, 06:28:41 PM
I think you will never, ever hit her.

I think you're wrong.

I obviously can only extrapolate from my own experiences. The people he reminds me of never hit anyone, because they know that's what abusers do and they don't identify as abusers. They just foster grotesquely unhealthy relationships and intentionally select "broken" or "vulnerable" young women to date and are always surprised when things go south. In his case, it's clear that he understands emotional abuse might be a thing, and has already decided where the line of "abuse" is that he will avoid to maintain his self image of a conscientious asshole, or whatever label he puts on it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 07, 2015, 04:21:18 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 07, 2015, 05:46:11 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 06, 2015, 06:28:41 PM
I think you will never, ever hit her.

I think you're wrong.

I obviously can only extrapolate from my own experiences. The people he reminds me of never hit anyone, because they know that's what abusers do and they don't identify as abusers. They just foster grotesquely unhealthy relationships and intentionally select "broken" or "vulnerable" young women to date and are always surprised when things go south. In his case, it's clear that he understands emotional abuse might be a thing, and has already decided where the line of "abuse" is that he will avoid to maintain his self image of a conscientious asshole, or whatever label he puts on it.

Yeah. Obvious self-esteem issues, probably on some level he realizes that he can't do better than this girl, so he views her as a project and himself as her savior as a means of bolstering his ego. The inevitable result is that when she objects to his manipulation, he will remind her of what a mess she was when she met him, claim total credit for her personal development, and tell her that she would be nothing without him, or some version thereof. I don't see him hitting her, but he might "restrain" her, for "her own good", when she's "out of control".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It is absolutely no surprise that her parents hate him and want him out of her life. Whether they're anywhere near as bad as he makes them out to be is debatable, given that we're hearing this filtered through both a 19-year-old narcissist and a barely-18-year-old who may or may not have histrionic tendencies.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Looks like my dog might die after all. I'm at about $2500 in vet bills.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Cain

I hate to say it, but a lot of what FernandoPoo has been saying has more than a tinge of The Red Pill about it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 07, 2015, 06:16:48 PM
I hate to say it, but a lot of what FernandoPoo has been saying has more than a tinge of [ur=http://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/]The Red Pill[/url] about it.

Oh, GROSS.